new to this site but not new to lucid dreaming

Hey everyone! Ever since i was a little kid, ive been able to almost always remember my dreams, control them and even resume them…if i wanted to.
Time and time again ive tried to keep a dream journal, but for some reason i have found it very hard to do. I had no idea that there was a name for being able to remember and control your dreams or about this site until my friend Brad introduced me to it. Now i am going to start keeping a dream journal right here, and i will buy one at the B.DALTON bookstore (great store for dream books if i could i would buy every one on the shelf!).
Mostly the problem is,i just keep my dreams comitted in my memory, and tend to forget ,or not have time, to write them down in my dream journal in the morning. Also, i might want to write it later in the day and then have forgotten all about it. But sometimes pieces of dreams or even whole dreams come back to me. Or even images…b/c i am a visual person…and have somewhat i photographic memory. I have dreams I still remember that ive had in the past and ill prolly put those in my dream journal too as long as i can recall them.
Ill tell you what I told Brad: at times i can be like Neo in the matrix in my dreams. I have a lot of control and can bend or defy laws like gravity and whatnot. But other times, i am a victim to nightmares,infact often. I have tried several times, and have never fully been able to control my nightmares. I have found it extremely hard!However, that might be something i can try next time i have a nightmare.
I think when i was little, i saw movies or some tv shows that had kids complaining to their parents that they were having nightmares…then the parents would tell the kids…well just turn the nightmare into something good…into a good dream…im pretty sure thats when my LDs have started… since childhood…and i am actaully very experienced.
I have had LDs for as long as i can remember dreaming. Ive always been interested in dreams and especially dream interpretation. I think dreams can be symbolical messages, your inner most desires,adventures, precognative…many things.
If you can help me to take control of my nightmares please post something…or suggest maybe a book or something i can read on that.
If you want to ask me questions on bending and/or breaking rules and being the MASTER of your dreamworld go ahead and post it. I will try my best to reply…ok…well…moving…on…

Sometimes steps are necessary to take with dreaming… As in, you may be able to control things in standard non-threatening dreams, but in others you may have to slowly come to control through steps.

Don’t start out trying to control the nightmare completely. Your dream body is the closest and easiest thing to control, start with that. In a nightmare, don’t even try the unrealistic. If you are being chased, just stop running and turn around. Don’t try to stop whatever is chasing you with unrealistic powers. If it eats you, it eats you, oh well… You are sleeping in bed, and once you realize this in your nightmares then you are fine.

Start by controlling yourself and stopping your interaction with the nightmare. Once you do, start questioning the threatening things inside your nightmare and ask them just what they think it is they think they are doing inside YOUR head.

hey thanx for the advice…i will take it and use it…another thing tho
i have methods of getting out of night mares. What i will do at first is…i will yell. Usually whenever i yell i can wake up emediately. But sometimes that doesnt work.
When that doesnt work i try to open my eyes. That works sometimes but not always. What the last thing i do is i will start calling out. I will be hoping i am talkin in my sleep (cuz i used to) and i will be like “hello, mom anyone who is out there help me! Wake me up please! if u can hear me wake me up!”
But that never works what i will do iz i will just continue to yell…but sometimes i cant nothing comes out i have no voice or my mouth wont open. I will usually think that i am awake but i will look at the time and i will be something that doesnt exist…a messed up number like 42:15 for example or just you kno something that is not a real time…or something that looks like military time but it cant be b/c it is on a digital.
I will keep trying and trying to wake up. Or i will try to send my self to another place…ill think of somewhere to go …i can sorta teleport…but that isnt always too sucessful. Usually all i can do is struggle and wait to wake up.

I do eventually but i feel so fatigued and im all sweaty all over.
Do u have methods of gettin out of nightmares that work for u and u suggest i can try…or an idea…?

im trying to start my dream journal here how do i do it ? i was gunna post something right after my first post that was my first lucid dream but it logged me out or something. I went back and tried to get it but it wasnt there so i typed in a whole lotta text and lost it, so i gotta re-enter it. Which i will. but um am i saposed to go to start new topic or w/e what is it i am saposed to do. Im a newbie im just figuring out this place.

hey zoila…go here for a really good dream journal. it works great for me

www.dreamjournal.org/dj

Hey

My advice for Nightmares: don’t wake up! See nightmares as a good chance to become lucid. My last lucid dream started out being a nightmare but it was so horrible I knew it just had to be a dream. I did actually wake up but I stayed totally still and went back into the dreamworld knowing it was a dream.

But if you stay in the dream and are in a scary situation, try flying away from whatever is bothering you. Or just saying to the monster/badguy: “look, I know this is a dream so cut it out!”
Or try doing a bit of Matrix martial arts or whatever. What I’m saying is you don’t have to run from a nightmare by waking yourself up, you can use it as a springboard to a great lucid dream.

although Kiaser’s advice is great too.

I just thought of another one, purely theoretical at the moment but might be worth a try… try closing your dream eyes and in the blackness imagining a new scene. There’s no need to re-open them again because technically it doesnt matter if your ‘eyes’ are open or closed. Then in this new scene you can have fun.

I guess the best way is to experiment with all of the above. But do not let the nightmares scare you into waking yourself up!

moved to QFL since Dream diary is more for actual dream stories, and not for tips etc.