Really weird dream...

Okay, this was one of the strangest dreams I’ve had in a long while. I’ll outline the main plot of the dream, and also the knowledge that I had while I was dreaming (you’ll know what I mean when you read the account).

I was in a strange, underground building complex. It didn’t look modern, neither did it look ancient. The walls were curved and met like a semi-circle at the celing, and were made of some type of wood (what I thought at the time to be oak). There was gold ornamentation around many of the doorways, and everything looked as new as it has on the first day that it had been built.

As soon as my dream conciousness stabilised, I knew that everybody that I’d ever known, and possibly the entire population of the world was in this complex. I wandered around for a while, and there were odd paintings on some of the walls.

Suddenly, as if somebody had just explained it to me, I knew that at 12 o’clock (I’m not sure whether this was midnight or noon), the world would end. Well, not actually end as such, but the universe would not continue in the way that it had. My knowledge then was that everything used to be formless energy, there were no individuals and no planets, nothing that would be familiar. But humanity was still there, only all of our thoughts were intertwined. We made a deal (I’m not sure who with, though) that for an amount of time we would be allowed to live as mortals, and the universe would no longer be a place of infinite thought and energy.

However, at the time when I was dreaming, this period had ended, and at 12:00 everything would be returned to it’s original state.

Everybody was gathered in a huge central chamber. There was a circular, raised area of floor, on which was a somebody sitting on a throne. He was bearded, and he was dressed in furs and leather. He was holding an ornate-looking warhammer. As a large clock started to sound twelve times, the man started to shout out words, or names. They all began with ‘A’, but that is all I can remember. Just as the clock struck twelve, he shouted out ‘Ao,’ and brought the hammer down onto something in front of him with a sound like thunder.

Then everything went white.

I literally woke up from this thinking ‘What the…?’ Any comments would be appreciated. :smile:

hmm… Maybe that guy was Thor The Thunder God…well it sound like him.

Hmm did you watch any type of movie or even a sonf that woud suggest a type of “End of the World” theme?

A cool dream…but one that has many unknowns…

Or maybe this guy could be a kind of a jugde?

Unforgiven_Killer: I haven’t watched any film or listened to any songs lately that could possibly have any links to the end of the world, although this probably doesn’t mean much as my dreams usually don’t have any connection to things that I have seen recently in waking life.

LucidityX1000: The man with the hammer didn’t…feel like he was a judge. It felt like he was there to…make sure everything happened as it should, if that makes any sense.

This dream is very deep. It sounds like you experieced a kind of religiously metaphor. I don’t know if you are religious but it sounds like you are at ‘te Day of Judgment’ and the man with the hammer is god. maybe you are some kind of doomwatcher and will recive more messages. If you’ll ever have this dream again, try to get hows names he sais and if yours is among them, it might be a sign.

I think you would have to figure out this dream by yourself, but I hope this helped

Okay. Here is the current situation.

Every night after the dream I have above recounted, I have woken up early in the morning with the word ‘aventis’, or similar. This is the last name spoken before ‘Ao’. Unfortunately, up until this morning, I haven’t been able to remember the name. Other nights the name would slip away and I wouldn’t remember it until the next night. Now I have.

After a quick search on Google, I have discovered that Aventis is a biotech company, that also manufactures pharmecutical products. It turns out that AO is an organisation that researches musculoskeletal disorders, which has dealings with Aventis. A bit of a coincidence, really. I’m hoping that now I’ve found out about Aventis, some of the other names will become clear.

Of course, it could be a big coincidence, but I’m willing to give fate a try. :smile:

I’ve had a similar experience.

(a part of) the dream:
I am in a church. I have to leave, because I need to go the the city of Arnhem. When I walk out of the door the vicar gets very angry with me and he shouts the following words to me:
“Moloch. Your future in Arnhem will be violent.”
(It was somewhat hard to remember the name, but I managed to write it down the morning after the dream).

After a search on google I found the following:

The sun god of the Canaanites (Ammonites?) in old Palestine and sometimes associated with the Sumerian Baal, although Moloch (or Molekh) was entirely malevolent. In the 8th-6th century BCE, firstborn children were sacrificed to him by the Israelites in the Valleye of Hinnom, south-east of Jerusalem (see also Gehenna). These sacrifices to the sun god were made to renew the strength of the sun fire. This ritual was probably borrowed from surrounding nations, and was also popular in ancient Carthage.
Moloch was represented as a huge bronze statue with the head of a bull. The statue was hollow, and inside there burned a fire which colored the Moloch a glowing red. Children were placed on the hands of the statue. Through an ingenious system the hands were raised to the mouth (as if Moloch were eating) and the children fell into the fire where they were consumed by the flames. The people gathered before the Moloch were dancing on the sounds of flutes and tambourines to drown out the screams of the victims.

It seemed a little disturbing at first… :wink: But

I guess the following happened:
Somewhere I saw a documentary, read a book or whatever that mentioned Moloch. Maybe even years ago. I completely forgot about, but the name got stuck somewhere far away in my brain. Consiously I still could not remember it - even not after the dream - but it was there hidden far away…

Wow. Another school example of how powerful our subconsious can be :wink: