Beginning of my dreams

I don’t know about you guys, but I can never actually remember the beginning of my dreams. When I wake up from a vivd dream I can tell you what happened, and who was there but I couldn’t tell you exactly how it started. Is this normal?

I’d have to say it is. Unless you succeed with WILD, it’s almost impossible to remember the exact point at which a dream begins. Other people might be different, but I’d certainly say there’s nothing unusual about being persistently unable to remember the start of your normal dreams.

Dude sometimes I dont even rememeber how my WILDs started by the time its over.

I always thought it would be so cool if there was an invention that hooked up to your head and recorded your dreams on a video. Then you could watch them when ou wake up. I don’t think that would be possible, but that would be so cool :cool:!

Nope, usually remember the end and maybe some of the mid, if any at all…But NEVER the beginning. :confused:

Almost always I don’t remember the beginning of my dreams… I can recall a few times when I have, though. I always remember the middle or what I think is the middle. A lot of the time I don’t remember at what point the dream ended, too. It’s a lot easier for me to remember when the dream ends when I’m lucid, since I’m aware of what is actually happening :grin:

i can do it, but not with my first dreams.

Later on i find myself aware of both my dreams and my physical body, i wouldn’t say low Level LD, as i am not aware all the time that i am dreaming (though it often comes after this stage) i can just feel both “worlds”

At this point i often slip from dream to waking then back to dreams and i remember fully then the whole dream. It has been happening alot since the dream i posted here with the “eye” and pulling the dream back.

But i can’t remember my very first dreams, probably because you are comming from a deep stage of sleep to REM.

The problem I have is that when I recall dreams, there are often fragments missing. I’ll remember flying over a lake, and then being in my house, but there will be something missing from the middle of that. I can never quite remember what exactly it is, but I know something happened.

So I may remember the beginning of a dream, but I can never really tell if it’s the beginning of the dream or just the point I started remembering it.

Yeah that is most likely why.

daysong, same here. Maybe that explains why a lot of my dreams don’t make sense to me; I’m probably leaving a lot of it out. But I can usually still get the main plot (if that’s what you would call it :razz:).

Yeah, I’ve often thought how cool such a device would be. Or a sort of dictaphone, for recording your thoughts (while awake, I mean).