Talking While Sleeping

Does anyone do this? I once pretty much told my mom off in my sleep. Apparently she walked in my room to see how I was or something (dunno why maybe she had a bad feeling or something) but anyhow she was there and apparently I said something like “Go away, get out, leave me alone”. She asked me about it the next morning and started laughing. I was like “OMG! are you serious?!” and then I realized she was and I started worrying cause if I fall asleep with people around me (sleepover or whatever) i’ll talk in my sleep. Like one time a couple months ago, I was at my bf’s house and fell asleep while watching a movie. I guess I was saying something to him but I don’t remember what I was saying. I think he either couldn’t understand what I was saying or I just forgot what he said I was saying cause right now I don’t know what it was. Anyone else experience something like that?

Yeah that happens to me to. One time I fell asleep in the car late at night and my parents woke me up when we got home to tell me to get out. They said I was really grumpy and a lot of the stuff I was saying didn’t make any sense at all.

the only sound that comes out of my mouth when i sleep is when i snore :nodnodwinkwink:

Nope, never experienced that. According to family members/friends I don’t make any noise at all. :ok:

/d.s

My cousin once said “Wheres my fish” in her sleep. I thought that was kinda funny. She meant “Did you get fro boy”. She also said
“cookie fortunes. 1 for 500”. I didn’t understand that. My biggest fear is I might be doing or saying something in an LD that is not cool but I speak it aloud too.

I’m not sure if i do that. And If I did, no one would tell me. They’d just let me leak my thoughts. -_-

As for help… sleep with a gag?
I guess not huH?

My friend said random things in his sleep too, kind of funny to listen but yeah I also hope I don’t say anything strange in my dreams when people hear and never tell me.

LOL, now I’m a bit terrified that my siblings are listening to me babble about something in my sleep. :tongue: Oh well.

A few years ago, when I used to sleep over at my friend’s house, he used to wake me up with his sleep talking. Once he said something about a mutual friend of ours who is female. Another time, I got woken up by what sounded like a computer programming language. It actually sounded like he was talking in computer code (he is quite technical and into the technical side of computers quite a lot). There were no breaks in his speaking, it was all continuous, for about half a minute or something.

Once, another friend of mine farted in his sleep, years ago when I was a teenager and I was staying over at his house. He just rolled over, let out a sign and did a loud fart. He didn’t believe me when I told him the next day.

:lol:

Ed.

a friend of mine once said (translated :grin: )
he: “500 would be better”
me: “500 what?”
he “500 to trow down”
me “what the heck?”
he “zzZZZzzzzz”

he didn’t believe me next morning… and it didn’t make any sense

Yeah, thats a big fear of meh. Someone hearing me say in the middle of the night thats uhm…strange…or something like that would be very disturbing to me and them :sad:

Haha…my friend starts muttering and one time I said

Me “Are you awake”
Him “Im not sure hjoijojojasoijdo?”
Me “What!?”
Him “I said uhaoisdoinasiondasndoi!”
Me “You have something on your lip.” (he fell asleep with a cream saver in his mouth, and it got on his lip)
Him: " oh."
Me: “Hey!”
Him:
Me: “okay…”
Him 10 minutes later; “yeah…hey”
Me: “uhm”
Him: …no response rest of the night

Next day hes liek “I must have been asleep”

"

I sleeptalk apparently, or I used to a month ago. Dream training’s stopped it ^^;

But, apparently I’ve revealed some rather… interesting things about myself, secret things Ive only told, like 2 people maximum.

Eheh. That’s too bad. Good thing I haven’t done that. Have I?
I should really set up that recording mike thing that someone referred me to. Can’t have me revealing stuff, now, can I… what was the site for that again? It’s name was Scanner Recorder… ah, here it is. Sorry if this is a repeat, I’m way too lazy to look for it.
davee.com/scanrec.html

Mimic-Of-Distortion

Lol! That’s really funny! :biggrin: We do strange things when we fall asleep sometimes. :tongue:

I often find myself falling asleep and wake up with gums in my hair when I was younger. Right now my problem is, I fall asleep with my pager in my bed… and then in the morning, I often find it in other place. Maybe I have been sleepwalking? :eek: But it’s kinda fun anyways because I get to practice my seeking skills. Hehehe! :look:

I know I’m weird. :biggrin: Oh, have you dream of something in front of you or maybe on your bed that you try to reach it and you ended doing the same thing IRL? I almost fell off the bed with my head diving first one time because I was trying to get my “new” blue blanket that I thought fell off my bed. I didn’t even have a blue blanket that time.

Sorry if I’m getting off topic here, but that reminded me of these. :content:

I talk ALOT when i sleep.
Sometime iI record myself to see what I say.
And alot of the time I get stuff from dreams I don’t remember.

I’m partial to talking in my sleep, aswell.

“Super Chris Beniot.”
“My arm… must be a wrestling gimmick.”
“The ball… ya’ gotta bounce the ball…”

Just some of the things my parents and brothers have claimed that I’ve said.

I have been told that I’m a heavy sleeptalker.

I’ve awakened myself a few times too with such phrases as:

“And in between, he took a bite of the banana! haha!”

“No no the other ring…”

“What happened to all the sheep though?”

those are just some I can remember off the top of my head. another thing is I enunciate very clearly in my sleep. People say I sound really deliberate… I should record myself some time

–Chico

This is all too funny! It’s great!
My brother says things very clearly and loud too. It scares me sometimes, when I am woken up at 2 AM by my brother going “wait, no, unghhh, wait… ahh!” in his room. I go in, and he’s asleep. It kinda freaks me out to go in…

I’ve been told that I talk in my sleep. I want to know what I say, so I might use my voice recorder that automatically turns on when you start talking if you want it to.

Good luck controlling your uncontrollable mouths…

ozzie12

a really funny thing happend to me once… i was gone to bed and my father heard a crash in my room so he came in to see what happend and he saw me there with my eyes closed holding on to my night table lamp like it was dear life…he must have said something like “are you ok?”
and i said "GO AWAY!!!’ but i was asleep! i didnt remamber it at all! LOL pretty weird!

As far as I know I don’t talk in my sleep. But sometimes I have been talking to my husband in bed and suddenly he comes out with something really weird. I had been carrying on a sensible 2 way conversation .
Then I say you’re rambling and he mumbles something and carries on sleeping! :blush: :sleep:
[/b]

ookiedokie
i set up a mic a like half a metre from my head this night, now i know that i am a really big sleeptalker, and sometimes walker too, but heres what i said, and this is just last night

(translated)

“Raspberry jam!”

“eh, what the, oh for fucks sake”

“yeah, more or less zzzzzzZZZzzzz what?”

oh and i must be very busy during the night, at more than 10 times i could hear me jamming some part of my body into the edge of the bed, making this metallic “clungggg”