The big WILD topic part VIII

I think I almost had an induced WILD last night, only I fell asleep whilst counting, eventually. I was starting to have muscle twitches and noise in my ears. But yeah… then I lost it again, and didn’t have any LD.

I’ve been thinking about another idea… although I don’t know if it would work with other people. In the past, I’ve had natural WILDs because I couldn’t get to sleep at night, or because I woke up in the middle of the night and then had trouble getting back to sleep. I’ve also noticed that the chances of LD are higher if you nap (I’ve had two short LD’s when napping once). So, what if I napped between 8pm and 10pm… then I’d have more trouble sleeping that night because I’ve already rested. Napping gives me a higher chance at LD and then, during the night, I’ll have a higher chance at a natural WILD because I can’t fall asleep.

The only problem is, finding a place to nap… my brother is constantly bothering me about going on the computer (the computer is in my bedroom). So if I want to sleep he’ll surely come up and wake me up, demanding to go on the comp. Now I could sleep on someone else’s bed but somehow that never works… :\

Boo…Tried one of my first attempts at WILD today…
Looked at my hands for three minutes before I went to bed, with “I am going to become lucid in my dreams”.
Then I did MILD until I fell asleep.
I woke up again about 6 hours later from my alarm clock. Due to my lack of intelligence in the morning (Although I did remember why it went off) I shut it off, and concentrated a little on LDing before I went to sleep about 3 minutes later.
I woke up about 4 hours after that. I stayed in bed a while, not thinking about LDing, just because I was too lazy to get out of bed. :tongue:
Then I decided to do WILD, and I tried that for about 30 minutes. I got Hypnogogic Imagery, green blobs and navy. :slight_smile: I had some SP going on too, but eventually I got up anyway, because I wasn’t getting anywhere, as there was a bunch of racket going on in the house, and I wasn’t falling asleep. Probably due to the racket.
And now I’m here - any suggestions? I don’t remember any dreams at all, but I probably remember one when my alarm woke me up 6 hours after I first went to sleep. :neutral:

Ah…After yet more searching (Well, more like poking) around of this board, I figured I’d try an afternoon nap! So at 4:40, it’s off to my bed, close the door, pull the shade, turn off the light…
At first I did a teensy bit of mild, then concentrated on seeing if I was SPing…Not really, oh well. :neutral:
Soon I’m getting more SP, feeling a little less connected, and I’m starting to feel like maybe I’ll get my first WILD soon…
Then someone turned on Metallica in the kitchen.
:grrr:
I tried to ignore it, and kept going for a while. I started to feel like soon I’d be lucid (I hoped anyway!), and I remembered one of Gjedde’s techs, counting your fingers every minute or two.
I figured I should probably try actually falling asleep, and about a 3 minutes after that…
My brother walks in, turns on the light, and walks out, leaving the door open.
Attempt # 2: Failed, at 5:45.
:cry:
I’ll get this some day.

What happened to my posts that were in this WILD topic?

The forum crashed a few hours ago, and we lost the last 2 weeks worth of posts. :sad:

Read this: "Site was down,- 2 weeks of posts lost :sad: "

oh ok thx, thats messed up :sad:

:confused:

Im getting frustated! :cry:

To have a WILD, do I just close my my eyes and keep thinking(staying concious)?

Because Ive tried this, but it seems if I do it I’ll NEVER fall aesleep! I just keep thinking and thinking, and none of the “signs” happen (hypnosis thingys, vibrations, nothing!)

The most important thing is that you have to make sure that your not moving your body at all Monkee. You have to lay there still and you will start to notice signs a lot faster. If you just have your eyes clothes but are still moving you will never get anywhere close to a WILD :wink: . So don’t get fustrated, just relax and keep trying.

So, about how long would it take to see the Hypogonic things?

and, how do I stay awake, but not alert, or “betwen awake and dreaming”? :eh:

and, do you feel when you body falls aesleep? or it just feels like youre awake right up to the LD?

BTW: I thought I was seeing HI, but it turns out wy eyelid was half closed… :crying:

Well that depends on the person, some people don’t even see Hypnogogic imagery. hypnogogic imagery doesn’t have to be a whole dream scene, it can be little colors floating around, pretty much anything that isn’t cause from outside light, and isn’t total blackness. I don’t see complete dream scenes, i just see lots of different colors and shapes.

you can do things such as the 61-point relaxation technique mentioned in EWLD by laberge. or you can count-1 im dreaming…2 im dreaming…etc. An important thing is not to stay TOO focused, where you can’t get to sleep, Just relax and go with the flow, but don’t be too passive or else you’ll fall asleep(hard to explain).

It won’t feel like your awake. After a while you will start to feel you body getting numb, or you may enter Sleep Paralysis. Most people start to feel their body vibrating and when these things happen you know you are pretty close to having a WILD.

All i have to say is, keep trying, don’t get discouraged, you’ll get it someday.

Last night i tried to WILD.
I went to bed at around 12:00 trying to WILD. I read a little EWLD before i went to bed so i decided to try the 61-point relaxation for the first time, which helped a lot. It was a lot harder to stay focused than i though because i lost track of my thoughts by the second point :grin: . But eventhough i only got to the second point, i was more relaxed thatn i ever was, thats why it was hard to stay focused. After only about a 30 min i started to hear sounds in my head, but i tried not to pay to much attention to them or else i would become real aware again. I started to feel slight vibrations. After a while i lost consciousness :neutral: . I regained consciousness a little while later and thought maybe i already passed the threshhold between wakefuness and the dreamworld. Or maybe even be in sleep paralysis when i tried to move. So i moved my arms up a little and they felt really light, like they were floating. so i thought maybe it was my dream body. I did a RC by looking at my hands and they looked normal. So i figured i was awake and looked at the clock, it was only 12:37 so all of this happened within the course of around 40 min. I didn’t try again and just turned over and went to sleep.
Hopefully when my arms felt light it really was real life and not a FA :content: .oh well.
This is progress and i hope to make more tonight :smile: .

-Jason

But you do see SOMETHING right?

Yea i see colors and shapes…did you try again without moving your body yet?

Well, I tried, but, but I was too aware and wouldnt fall aesleep, so I gave up. :bored:

BTW, 61-point technique?
Its not in the main site as far as I can tell…
can you gimme a link? my internet is working reaaaaaaaaally slow, and this seems to be the only site that isn’t slow. :shrug:

If i went off to find it myself, well, lets just say you wouldnt hear from me for a good long while.

Actually i found it in the first page, but i dont really understand the whole 61 point thing… I mean…

:wow: :wow: :wow: :woah:

I have to memorize THAT??? :eek:

It seems like a lot to memorize but its really easy, theres a whle system it. It goes forhead down to throat, down the right arm then back up again, across to the left arm back up again then down the upper body, u get it? its a system to it

I tried WILD a few nights ago. I tensed and relaxed my muscles as described in EWLD. I closed my eyes and started counting: 1, I’m dreaming, 2, I’m dreaming . . .

When I got to 56, I started to see what reminded me of TV fuzz, like when cable goes out or the tv has no signal. It was tinted blue. I started to feel some tingling in my feet and lower legs, but it stopped and I almost woke up. I fell asleep normally after that. This would be the hypnagogic imagery I assume? If so, wow… I’m not that far off :cool_laugh:

Hello compguy! :ok:

you did that? can you explain to be IN DETAIL what you did?
Ive tried WILD like 5 times, but no luck :cry: !

Please help me!! :help: :help: :help:

Hmm sorry about your bad luck Monkee… hopefully it will pass

Well, I thought 61-point was overkill for the situation. I was already quite sleepy… it was a little after midnight. I layed out on my back. Stretched out.
Then, I started at my feet by tensing them up for a 5-8 seconds, then relaxing them again. I was amazed at how much of a difference it made. I then did the same with my calves, thighs, shoulders, arms, wrists, and finally my fingers.
I closed my eyes lightly, began to count… really focused on my counting… soon, it was like I didnt even feel my body. I quickly shut that thought out of my head though, because I feel that thinking of my body would prevent me from falling asleep. I kept counting… around 50, slowly an image found its way into my mind. I didnt think about it, it just showed up. It looked like the blizzard on tv when it has no signal. Instead of squiggly dots, though, they were more like small square blocks. The image became clearer until it filled my entire field of vision. I started to feel my feet and ankles get tingles and pulses. I began to get excited, “Ooh! I’m almost there!” But this thought interrupted my focus and I seemed to have fell asleep normally.

I really feel that if I had more concentration, I would have made it.
Hope this helps, and good luck! :smile:

Thanks! :content:

So tensing muscles really does help, eh?

Im gonna try that tonight. And, today is saturday, and I alway stay up LATE on saturdays!(late as in 2-3 am late!)

hopefully, I’ll get the hang of WILD soon, and hopefully, have an LD.

My goal is to get one by the end of the month, but at the rate Im going, I’ll be lucky to have one by next year… :sad: