On Cheese and Chocolate...

I’ve tried to find the answer to this one question, but I have thus far been unable to. Someone please tell me: How long before you go to bed are you supposed to eat the cheese or chocolate? Hmm? And what about brushing teeth?

I’ve heard suggestions from an hour before you sleep, to fifteen minutes before you sleep… Maybe try thirty, and if you see any results…? It might be one of those things that doesn’t have to be exact for it to work properly.

/ds

It might also be one of those things that works differently with different people. A large part of developing your ability to lucid dream requires that you work out what methods work better for you. It takes a bit of trial and error, but it’s that enthusiasm that’ll bring the results in the end.

Given that most lucid dreams occur in the later periods of sleep, I wouldn’t think it mattered that much how early you consumed the product in question before going to bed initially.

By all means though, let us know how it goes.

I will try some different times and let you know. However, I’m currently out of chocolate. :cry: Sad, sad.
I think that I’ll try to eat some cheese with wbtb. (After I wake up, right before I go back to bed.)
Do you think that this would work? (But I suppose that we shall see…) (And hopefully I can wake up enough to walk to the fridge.)

:wiske: How is cheese or chocolate supposed to help? Does it make the dream more vivid?

Cheeses, chocolates, fish, certain poultry… They’re supposed to aid you in lucid dreams because they have some chemical in them that help you sleep easier or something.

Rather than eating it, I have found that rubbing melted cheese and chocolate all over your body before sleep will help with LDs. I guarantee it.

mmmm…a bit messy and might give my husband ideas :happy:

:gni:

:eh:

:eek:

:panic: Ugggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :tongue:

Now for the serious part:

Cheese is supposed to give you nightmares, because it’s hard to digest, I’ve heard. Perhaps this is synonomous with making your dreams more vivid?

And, uh, I’d recommend brushing your teeth. Not because it helps with lucid dreaming. Basic hygiene, dude. Even with brushing your mouth is really messed up in the morning. Besides brushing shouldn’t have an effect.

I know that it’s good to brush teeth. I do that, and I have no cavities. (Yay!) It’s just that brushing teeth usually makes me more alert, so I do that about a 1/2 hour before sleeping, usually.
I was just wondering if you were supposed to eat the stuff like 5 min before sleeping, or something like that.

EDIT:
Alrightly. I ate m&m’s before I went to sleep, and then when I woke up for WBTB. I had one really vivid dream and another dream with lots of disney animations. The vivid dream was nifty because I walked through shower curtains, and a cinderblock wall, and I touched someone (because I thought they weren’t real, they were just an apparation, or something - hey, it was at Hogwarts.) And let me tell you, it’s slightly painful to walk through a cinderblock wall, but it feels really cool. And it makes you go slower.

A nightmare will often trigger lucidity, so I expect if cheese gets you that far it will help. It’s up to the dreamer to seize that moment and go “hey, I’m dreaming”. That’s what the reality checks are for. If you’re posting signs about that say “am I dreaming?” and eating cheese before bedtime, I’ll bet you’ll have an LD sooner or later.