LD just before waking

briefly: I had a short, sharp, LD sequence around nine this morning just before I woke.

as if some internal alarm had gone ding just before I knew I had to wake. which in this case I did do.

I have the skill of asking myself to wake by a certain time and doing it and I wondered if this might have some relationship to that skill.

Hm… I don’t know if this relates, but my only similar experience right when my alarm clock rings while I am in a dream, I become immediately lucid but I feel a very very strong urge to wake up to turn off that alarm, which is pretty durn loud. I can hear myself think: “Ah crap! Stupid alarm! Must wake up and turn it off!” Well, I don’t think that. The idea flashes through my mind for a split second and I automatically and voluntarily wake up. Of course when I wake up I think “How stupid of me…” but then again I’d be late to school and lucid with lots of noise. Plus everything fades to almost nothing, all that’s left is for me to will myself to wake up.

Your skill does seem to be related to this, because you’re asking yourself to remember to wake and you -did- remember to wake. You just didn’t specify how, so your subconscious chose lucidity as a method?? Hmm you seem to be very good at autosuggestion maybe you should try that instead of WILDing with um, masturbation…

Just so you know if you have 20$ go to big lots.(Thats where I got mine)
And they sell alarm clock that you can set the amount of beeps before it turns itself off.
I think this will help alot.

Maybe you could set your alarm for about 15 minutes before you need to get up, and set it a little quieter. That way you still go lucid, but it’s not so loud to cause you to get up and turn it off. Then you’ve got 15 minutes of lucidity. Just a thought. :cool:

thanks for the tip about the self-turning off alarm, but uh, we should really talk about Ria’s thing. I think she’s pretty mad right about now. I don’t know anyone who’s had this experience. Maybe Jeff can…

gad, what a hyper-sensitive forum! the drift in topic does not perturb me. if I find one of those clocks maybe I may even buy one.

Ria probably yes…all in consciousness has a link to all other parts.
But at what degree this would matter i cant say.
I heared it from other ppl before and also it has been at the forum in some topics before…some years ago i think. I also can do it…i think many can if they just practise inner focussing of will power.

Jeff

It has to do with the fact that we’re all drugged up on LDing concoctions, and seratonin milkshakes and tryctophan and B6 and weed and salviaD and lots of other pills and potions. At least it makes the forum a little more dream-like. :wink: