Games?

rain drops keep falling on my head…

hmm tetris blocks keep falling on my head…

Atheist what a great idea! To visit myst in your ld wow love it!
Yup really like that idea thx!
Weird that i didnt think of that myself lol :smile:

Jeff cant wait lol :wink:

Welcome Lccorp2!

What’s weird, is that I never once even thought about using the Myst-style teleportation method to change the dreamscape. In the Myst games (and books), people teleported around the universe by touching their palms to a picture in the first page of the book. This picture was automatically generated when someone described a world by writing in the book. Strange, but I never considered doing this in my own LDs to change location. I guess it’s worth a try. :smile:

:happy: Yep indeed a great idea!

Jeff

When i played Morrowind (kind of 3D adventure in a fantasy world) a lot it induced epic kind of style dreams, but it did not yet help me become lucid. Examples of dreamd i had was when i battled wizzards or adventuring through deep caves etc… kinda cool in a dream to do :cool_laugh:

Heh, I’ve played that game a couple of times… It would be neat to dream about, and I guess you could become lucid from it if you trained yourself to do an RC whenever you see any weird blokes around… There are some pretty interesting looking characters in that game :eek:

/ds

I don’t want to sound like too much of a geek here.

Jeff and Atheist, you should read the Myst books also. They are great!
They give detailed descriptions of the ‘ages’ in Myst. They are very detailed also so you don’t have to try hard to imagine it as a dream world.

I read Book of D’ni and was hooked, I now have Book of Ti-ana waiting to be read and Book of Atrus on order. The hardcovers, if you can get them are special.

I own all three of them. :happy:

The Book of Atrus (The first book in the series) I’d have to say was the best one. You seem to be reading them in reverse order. :wink:

I guess I just got hooked on the entire concept.

Yup, that’s the order I came across them in so that’s how I’ll read them. They don’t rely on the history too much throughout the storyline though, and playing the games has made me familiar with the main characters so I haven’t had a problem with that so far.

Mystcommunity.com is a cool forum for Myst addicts. :content:

At the risk of becoming even more of a forum addict - I just signed up. :wink:

Thanks for the link.

Ah…Played a couple of 007: Nightfire today, lucidity, here I come!
Prepares to dream of wielding an SG5

I don’t know which games would be good for lucidity, but I always end up dreaming about the ones I play the most. At the current moment I seem to have lots of dreams about Natural Selection (an alien vs. marine mod of Half-Life) and Soul Calibur II. I think it was pretty fun running around in a dream as an Onos (A rynocerous-like alien) gobbling up marines whole :grin:

I had my one and only dream where I didn’t have a body but was floating above the action after a prolonged session of a Final Fantasy game. I was controling the actions of the three fighters below me. It was fun…there was no danger for me! :happy:

Something I forgot to mention is that video games can be used to induce lucid dreams if you play them a hour or two before going to bed. You’ll be at a point where when you close your eyes you still see the game playing out in front of you and might be handy to use for WILD. You might end up dreaming about the game and you can noticed which parts don’t originally belong to the game as dream signs.

I have had 2 short dreams about a game called ‘Operation Flashpoint’ which i spend a lot of time on playing & editing, The 1st was about a plane hitting a mountain and the second was about the textures going weird and out of focus in a building? - maybe i should cut down… :tongue:

That, or upgrade your brain’s video drivers to fix that texture problem. :tongue:

I’ve had countless dreams of Operation: Flashpoint, including a few satisfyingly lengthy LDs. It’s just a classy game.

I’ve had a few dreams about Hunter: the Reckoning Wayward (a PS2 game). But that’s probably only because I was playing it repetitively obsessively. (Well, it was new :content: ) But I stopped having dreams about that because I couldn’t play it, because the power went out for 5 days, and then I loaned it to my friend.
I’ve had the effect of the game playing out before me when I close my eyes a few times, for final fantasy 9, and for Blood Omen 2: Legacy of Kain. That was only because I had been playing the games for roughly 6 hours, though. :wink:

i am a game freak, and when i find a good game i can spend 15hrs+ in front of it…havnt noticed any more dreams in those periods though…but i have had dreams where i teleport and shot fireballs
I was an invicible elf in another.
and meet female dervish dancers with swords that wanted to kill me, my brother and our friends…
And a Airplane dropipping napalm bombs on our hous…dont know if this has anything to do with games though :grin:

:wiske: When playing Diablo, I had a dream about that too. I could feel myself being attacked with long distance weapons from behind!

Absolutely, I’ve spent whole days playing MP, which resulted in vivid, wild and beautiful adventure dreams. The background music in different areas help especially, to relax…or conjure up lucidity…the mix of techno and new age…with the three dimensional landscapes…wonderful. :slight_smile: