Advanced Lucid Dreaming

Morphius you see the white light like 10.000 watts of white neon spots aimed at you…at first its blinding…yes also the tunnel…the last time i was there i saw at the end of the tunnel a landscape of beautiful nature. I can now move closer to the end of the tunnel still I always listen to my instincts and intuition.

Ketamine is an old anaesthetic…these days they use it still at polar bears…to tag them.
Its not true that ketamine always gives this experience!
That listens to the dosage you take from it…if you take a very strong dosage…and then i mean at least as much as ppl did get for surgery in the old days…prob more even…indeed you go through the same experience.
That is not so weird, because take even a little more ketamine and yes! You are really dead then! Died…zip!
That ketamine NDE experience is not hallucinating close to death…it is close to death!
I have tried it because of this…took first small dosages…then lol its just as being drunk…no joke…well close to it at least. but i never to more because you cant feel if you suffocate if you have something in your throat and i have cystic fybrosis and my coughing and mucus could kill me then.
So i found it to risky to take more…especially because you cant move your arms or leggs or body…your really paralysed then. So i didnt go all the way with this, to risky in my case…Iam brave but not dumb!

But it aint a hallucination nde with ketamine…because its an anaesthetic u really can die from it and the ketamine nde is close to real death.

That’s exactly my point - have you experienced death? Has Jeff experienced death? Of course not, the only people who have aren’t here to tell of it. Let’s not confuse the erratic brain activity that indicates impending death (NDE) with the end result itself, after which time your mind is no longer capable of producing the aforementioned effects, nor perceiving or acknowledging them.

That is, of course, only the case if you trust your brain to be the sole carrier of your existence. Just providing my personal view. :tongue:

Your brain waves go almost COMPLETELY FLAT when you have a NDE. So how can you prove that I am “dreaming” it when it happened?

Perhaps you have some explainations for that, but I have a strong belief in this. I can’t deny it.

Learjet it is dangerous for me because i have cystic fybrosis, i have had several times at sleep that i suddenly get a lung bleeding…when that would happen when iam in such an experience the blood would suffocate me without noticing it! So i would not wake up from it…so thats where the real danger lies for me…understand?

Jeff

So you can’t kill yourself while trying this, only if someone or something external kills you, right? Because it would really suck if I stopped my heart while doing this.

Fear :help:

Jeff, it is possible that if you, whilst inducing the NDE, go too low and deep and hence die?

Thanx

If you let go you go through the tunnel totally Sage.
Yes Sage may ppl had Nde while in hospital under the influence of a anaesthetic while under surgery. somewhat like 75% had beautiful experiences of a beautifull world and 25% had a sort of hell experience and are very afraid of death, sort of trauma.
Yogi of the far east call this a reaL obe.
They say there are seven sleep stages and deep sleep in only number 4
and at the end of deep sleep between fourth and fifth level is the real obe level. So far all they told i really must admit i experienced also in those sleep levels…some details u cant know if u havent been there yourself…because there is a detail i never told here…sort of check when i talk to ppl to see if they know what they are talking about.
But all the yogi said of the far east i really experienced so far.

Jeff

The operative word there is “almost.” It would seem that just a few brain waves are capable of generating quite an experience. I like to believe there is -something- after death, but I don’t think we’ll ever have any evidence. :neutral:

Jeff, you’ve got me interested in these 7 levels. I have to go and find out what you’re talking about. :smile:

I’ve read too many books written by professionals not to be open minded about NDE’s.

I guess my “dangerous” comment was more like what Infection0 and Ceavou are saying.

I mean if you get to the end of the tunnel and it looks so good on the other side that you don’t want to come back - that sort of risk. Though I have read of people being “sent back” so maybe it’s not entirely up to the person having the NDE.

These 7 sleep levels… are they related to the 7 spiritual bodies from yogi and sufi tradition?? It seems like there’s a relationship.

Edited: The number 7 biblically represents the completeness deriving from God, also.

Jeff, DM7 or anyone else who has done this.

One question that I have about your technique is that if I try to relax at all in a LD I seem to wake up. How do you prevent this when you use hypnosis in a LD. I am planing to experiment with your technique of letting your brain go I believe is the way you put it. Though I am not exactly sure what you mean by that. I understand that you do not want to give away too much information so you can tell if people are telling the truth about there experience. But can you give a little more of a taste of what it is like so I have more of an idea what to expect. I mean my first near WILD scared me out of it because I did not know what to expect. Once I knew what to expect WILD became much easier.

Thanks Milod for getting this more on topic. :tongue:

Hopefully we can keep it on topic and get more information on this deeper state.

Was gonna reply here but I’m going to wait until the religious discussion goes away again.

Ureon

The religious discussion has been gone for quite some time. Last one was Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:04 am.

I think you should feel free to post your experiences. I am really interested in resurrecting the original topic. If people turn it into a religious topic again, all we have to do is ignore those posts.

Last night I tried to do meditation in a LD.

I went to bed and did WILD. Unfortunately, this time I failed and fell asleep. The next thing I remember I was standing on a street with some people when I just realized that I was dreaming. I jumped in the air and started flying around. Then, I remembered that I wanted try meditation in my dreams so I landed an the beach right below me. I sat down and started to just focus on my breathing and I started to relax. Anyway, I became disconnected from the dream so I don’t really remember what happened but, the next thing I remember was that I woke up. Unfortunately, it was not a FA.

This happens every time I try meditation or self hypnosis in my LD’s. I loose the dream and wake up. I would appreciate any input as to what am I doing wrong.

WOW!

A lot of intresting stuff here, I haven’t yet seen the first part of this, but someone said something about inducing a LD while not sleeping through meditation…I don’t know about meditation, but I have done this once, it was a long time ago and I can’t remember many details, so don’t ask me to do it again, but from experiance I can say that this can be achieved.

mystery

Jeff (i’m hoping you still post here)

would this be an NDE? Because I’ve never experienced anything that makes me believe in Astral Projection, so I thought THIS, this must be astral projection, and yet it has the falling and tunnel characteristics of NDE…

I am on the fence about OBEs (into the physical) i think i might have had one or two, I need to be able to successfully trance meditate to really explore this stuff…

:sad:

And I just keep failing at it… but here is the experience.
[color=green]
Posted: Tue May 18, 2004 7:17 am Post subject:
I just had a pretty damn crazy astral experience!!!

okay i was drifting off into sleep (trying to wild I suppose) i had an army dream, some drill seargeant, some sort of pipe he had, I was on an island, he was like “okay you are free to have fun, but by have fun I don’t mean napping!” and I was like “well hey dreaming isn’t necessarily napping”

then somehow i sort of half woke and then I was going down this hallway, this pale purple hallway, there were all these paintings everywhere, I was hearing harp music like you hear in cliched angel scenes, and I somehow knew that these paintings that were all about the walls in this tunnel, they were dreams, perhaps dreams that I have had… my heart chakra was going insane, it felt like I was having a heart attack, but I stayed inside anyway, I was going deeper and deeper, and it started slanting downwaird, then I saw in my right eye a beautiful purplish spiral appear and I found that I could reach out and touch it, and then I was in the right side, and there were beings floating arond, but I was so helpless, I couldn’t move… but I could see my astral hands, t hey were a purplish color…

and some being, he came towards me, and I was a bit scared but he looked harmless, a purplish hue like the rest of us, and I was trying to talk to him, I was like “hey, who are you?” and I could hear speech coming from all around, but it was fragmented, he came to me, and I wasn’t sure what to do, but I let him come, and he touched me, and then, I started feeling him touching me, I think he was trying to help me out, but then I started to wake up, and as I did I could clearly see his face.

He was some guy, with sideburns, he looked very friendly, happy…

Wow…

What a trip…

hehehe I’m not tired at all but I want to go back to bed and DO THIS AGAIN!!!~!

wooo… maybe this changes my whole outlook on spirits and astral travel, man, that was so trippy… whoa…[/color]

The feeling I got in the tunnel was of a perpetual falling motion and at a certain depth I stopped and had to actually “make” myself go deeper… the beings were visible outside the tunnel from the beginning but I didn’t pay much attention to them until I saw the spiral in my “right eye”

I’ve heard something related to shamanism that the left eye is used for remote viewing (or something?) and the right eye is used for something else, depending upon what stage of “development” you are in… but I haven’t really been able to find anything in depth on this.

Véry powerful experience you had, holy reality! :eek: I’m not going to argue whether or not this was a NDE, because I really don’t have a clue. Jeff will probably know it :smile:

You say you got this falling sensation upon falling back asleep again? There’s an ancient tantric text (Vigyan Bhairav Tantra) in which the 55th technique goes like this:

At the point of sleep,
When the sleep has not yet come
And the external wakefulness vanishes,
At this point Being is revealed.

Apparently the exact boundary between awake and asleep is marked by a gap. It takes many years of practice to experience this gap consciously. But sometimes, while walking on the road towards Dreamland, you step right in it and you fall down. While falling in this gap, you’re not asleep nor awake. In this realm, you may get to see your true Face, and perhaps even have profound encounters with spiritual beings. Your description has a stunning similarity with this ancient technique. I’ve posted on this before. Check this out for a detailed description (it’s written by Osho, a famous Hindu mystic): totallyok.com/secret/055m.htm

About the link with shamanism… I’m sure I’ve read about that too somewhere. There was also something about the shifting of the Central Point of Consciousness, which results in experiencing different realms of perception and shamanic wisdom.
Extremely interesting topic!