Counting Fingers Technique

I personally find this RC technique really scarry! I’ve never had more or less than 5 fingers on each hand in my LDs. If I realized I had more I’d probably start screaming and wake up… what a nightmare! :panic:

I have 8 or 9 fingers every time I do the RC. (not in RL of course)

I have fingers growing out of my fingers, twisted everywhere. But I’ve never counted, I will. This is my frav RC.

lol, light switches don’t work for me, and reading also doesn’t work very well. But trying to remember the past is exellent.

I had 7 last time I checked, they kept duplicating to the right!

exactly. my always duplicate to the right. never the left. and i think that when people dont have more or less than 5 fingers in a dream…they expect that they wont so they dont. like me i expect to have 6 fingers…but i dont expect to have 2 thumbs :peek:

When I tried to count my fingers in a LD some time ago, they changed into little snakes. Two of them melted together, so if you take snakes for fingers, I had 4 of them :smile:

Oh my God! :eek: Yeah I’m affraid something like that might happen… no ‘fingers coutning technique’ for me then! I just couldn’t take it! :bored:

When I had LD not long ago I slowly looked at my left hand and I had 5 fingers! I just thought ‘Thank God’ and went flying out through the window.

My hands/fingers are usually normal now, so that reality check does not really work anymore

I take back what I said in my previous post… I’ve tried this many tomes… don’t know what I was thinking… anyway sometimes I only have 5

my Dream Self is a doofus… one time I dreampt I pulled into a parking spot at school in my car, then thought “gee you know I don’t remember leaving home today… weird… I remember you can’t remember the past if you’re dreaming… hmm my hands are normal I’m not dreaming”

among other things in that dream that should have given me a clue I was dreaming :

A huge roundabout where the first intersection in town used to be
When I looked at myself in the mirror, I appeared to be someone else
I saw my cousin and he didn’t look like himself and had lost all his hair
my car wouldn’t rev past 2500 rpms(mechanical failure… classic dream sign… duh!)

anyway yeah I was having an especially dumb dream that night… woah how did I get off topic?

I find I have more than five fingers, although I try not to count individualy, because when I do I always find five fingers and any extras look like they are a consequence of being crosseyed or something. But a quick look taking in the whole hand rarely turns up one standard hands assignment of fingers.

My fingers are always normal, but I normally lack the scar I have on my left hand in an LD…

When I used to use this RC, before it stopped working for me, I’d usually count 6 or 7 fingers. I tended to have another one somewhere around the middle of my hand… It was usually longer than the others, and kind of crooked and bent… Kind of gross, I know, but I didn’t care because I had realized I was dreaming :cool:

Then this technique abruptly stopped working for me. In my dreams I only saw five perfect little fingers, and would no longer become lucid… So I switched to the watch technique a few days ago. :grin:

hmm, the nice thing about it is that it doesn´t seem to depend on my attitude towards the test.It doesn´t matter wether I believe that it might be a dream.I did this test when I was fully convinced to be awake, I did it without expexting anything special, without even really concentrating on it.Just like you do with habits.
But to my surprise I wasn´t dreaming…

tapir

The counting fingers technique is my main RC. It works for me all the time. In fact…all my LDs were possible because every LD i had i used the Counting Fingers RC. Maybe one day it will stop working for me…I dont know. My backup main RC is the clock thing :shy:

Yeah… When the counting fingers technique stopped working for me, I was really surprised. I had been using it successfully for months and then suddenly it didn’t work. I tried it again in my next dream – no luck. It was really strange… Hopefully it won’t stop working for you.

Last time I went to count my fingers, I saw my daughter’s tiny hands instead of my own. :eh: It worked though and I became lucid as a result :smile:

I remember one time I tried counting my fingers, I could not find my own hands. It was really frustrating, though eventually I realised I was dreaming… :wink:

Lol minako! its like “omg i have 5 fingers…wtf im dreaming anyways!”
:cool_laugh:

When you make those RC’s (the counting fingers is my favorite), do you first ask yourself, if you’re dreaming, looking around and being attentive? or do you simply skip that and count your fingers instantly, just knowing, that if you find more or less than five, you must be dreaming?

Regards,
Thomas

Quote—> I’ve never had more or less than 5 fingers on each hand in my LDs. If I realized I had more I’d probably start screaming and wake up… what a nightmare!

That’s what I thought when I first learned about LDing, I thought that I couldn’t handle seeing my hands messed up, or with extra fingers, but my first LD I did the hand RC and saw I had 6 fingers, and I didn’t even really care, I was so glad I had a LD I didn’t care what I looked like. I was glad when I overcame my ‘extra finger’ phobia because now I can enjoy LD’s without having to worry about looks, however scarry they are. I’m a bit mad at the counting fingers RC though, 2 days ago I did it in my dream and it didn’t work because I was in the 3rd person. My dream body said ‘that’s good that I’m not dreaming! I’d be so mad if I missed this dream sign!’ and went on with my dream :grrr: