Movie Thread!

Anyone else looking forward to Peter Pan?

If you’re talking about the one with Johnny Depp as JM Barrie, then yes! How can it not be great? :happy:

I never heard of it, what is it Rated? I usualy just look out for the sick rated “R” movies. And if a movie looks promising enouhg, i might see PG-13 :content:

Actually I was referring to the one with Jsaon Isaacs as Captain hook, but I can’t wait for the one about JM Barrie also :grin: Great story!

I would really lik eto comment on this peter pan movie but im not sure which one u guys r talking about :confused:

Well, there’s Peter Pan coming out at Christmas, starring Jason Isaacs, then later in 2004, Neverland is coming out starring Johnny Depp as JM Barrie. I’m not really sure which one we were talking about. What were you wanting to say :smile: ?

Ok well i heard about tahe one comming out at Xmas…id proabbly go see taht…looks cute :slight_smile:

Well I’m convinced it will be good :smile:

Ok its time to spill the beans, have any of you movie fans have the chance yet to see the new MATRIX, Revolution? Well, if you cant tell by now, i have. I thought the movie was good, and i like how it ended the matrix trilogy. Lot of other people dis-agree with me, and some people have no idea what even happened in the movie. Most people were disappointed, because it wasnt as smart or the story was already made, and the philosophy ended. People told me that the first one had so much to offer, and plus the story was alot better, but when people say that to me, i just think of Terminator and how people didnt like the ending of that new one. I remember when i saw that people where like"the story line wasnt as great as the other 2" i feel like hitting them after they say that, because its the same story! If you couldnt tell now how the movie was gonna exactly end, you must of been brain dead, b/c the movie is called Revolutions! Besides the point, the beg. was kinda of slow and boring, it was kinda of ending off Reloaded and entering War! Here’s a couple of questions, tell me what you think:

1. Did you like Matrix, revolutions, and why did you like it(if you saw it ofcourse)
  2. Which of the 3 did you like best, and why?
    3.Do you tthink they ended well? and do you think the brothers will try to attempt more matrix :neutral: ?
    4.What do you like better, i have to ask, because both movies are so much alike, but at the same time so different, Did you like Matrix trilogy better or the Terminator trilogy?

I have so much to talk about, but first answer those questions(if you want ofcourse,or can) so we have an idea where to start this controversy :wink:

Thkx a bunch 4 taht post but i havent read it Yet…just the 1st line. i REALly wnat to go see it soon and i dont want to ruin it by reading about it Yet :smile: I will however answer all those question after i have seen it :wink:

Hers is a really good short film, I hope y’all like it :happy:

www.themeatrix.com

I have been following the ‘Lord of the rings’ trillogy and i CAn not wait 4 the 3rd and final part comming thIs december!!! It looks good as expected and all…well it BEtter be lol…we have all been waiting 4 it 4 a year(those who liked the 1st 2nd parts anyway:)).

Just wondering…does any1 HeRe like the lord of the rings? :eh:

Ofcourse, its on my schedule of movies, but that’s like in decemeber. The Tom Cruise movie comes out before the new Lord of the Rings. The previews did look very promising, and i do own the other 2 movies fo dvd. I have a feeling its gonna end very nicely, but i cant think who’s gonna die in this one. Someone always dies :content:

Other then LOTR, do any of you people know any under-rated movies that are being release that looks good? (you have to remember i dont have cable, so i cant see previews on the tv. :tongue: )

I’ll be here :content:

:confused:

I think hes refering to The Last Samuri (sp?)
yaah, didnt look very good :neutral:

EDIT: Like your avatar Kat :cool:

Looks alright, i said Tom Cruise movie as a joke, if that makes any sense :bored: .

Either way it looks like another war movie that has more then just guns, I dont know.

I just watched Kill Bill again(Bootleg), great movie :wink: Volume 2 is very tempting :cry:

I just rented the film, 28 Days Later and I just want to recommend it to anyone that hasn’t seen it yet. Some movies that I’m excited about this year include:

[b]1. Master And Commander

1. The Last Samuri

2. LOTR 3

3. The Passion

4. Elf

5. The one where Ashton Kutcher goes back in time to save his girlfriend[/b]

I know that I’ve missed a few but I’ll see those too.

I never heard of Master and Commander, the passion, and the last one with Ashton. Actually lately movies seem kinda of crappy. LOTR is released in December, same thing with the last Samuari.

This Elf movie looks odd, im not fully sure what to think. In a way i think dressing up Will Farrel in a Elf costume is genius, but im not sure where the movie can carry itself.

Gothika looked intresting, but im not fully sure with that one either. Im not sure about this Looney Tunes movie either, dont get me wrong i like Looney tunes, but ever since Space Jam, i lost all hope :sad: .

I have a set of new movies coming out like Troy and Alien Vs. Predator, that looks promising, or sounds like it atleast. Here’s another website for sneak peaks, just in case if your intrested. https://comingsoon.net/
And if you saw Matrix Revolution yet, check out the questions i had for that. :cool:

New to the forum but I can see myself spending plenty of time in this thread, movies rule.

To sum up my opinions on everything in the thread…

Yes, Kill Bill was a great movie, but no Pulp Fiction (maybe the best movie ever).

Donnie Darko is an awesome movie, it counfused me a little the first time but I think the main point of the ending is simple enough. We could probably spend forever analyzing this one though.

Matrix 3 was a let down. The only part I like was the ending, and most people think that was the worst part. Come to think of it, all the Matrix’s kinda sucked…

The Last Samurai looks like a kick ass movie. Maybe it’s just because I like Japanese/sword fighting, but the previews of this one looked real nice…

…but not as nice as Troy. Troy is going to win some serious awards whenever it comes out.

Plus, Passion will be a must see, as long as they include subtitles. It will be a good one no matter what, but who has the patience to watch a movie in a different language? I love controversial Jesus things, but please include subtitles with this movie Mel Gibson you idiot.

And finally, they have a real life (computer animated pets I believe) Garfield coming out next summer. I know, this isn’t going to be plotline of the century, but come on. Garfield + Odie + Jon Arbuckle + Jennifer Love Hewitt = ownage.

I’ll post in a couple days or so in this thread about movies that are currently out that I love.

Great, welcome to LD4all, and im pretty intrested in your future posts :happy:

Kill Bill is the new greatest movie in my book, although comparing it to Pulp Fiction is like comparing Apple with oranges. Yet Pulp Fiction was such a success, they had to release the film, so i guess i can understand your point :content:

Out of curiosity i bought Donnie Darko for 10$, lots of people from the internet told me it was good and weird, and its hard to follow. So after watching it about 2 times, im not fully sure with the ending. I asked my brother, he said that Darko had the power to change the future and such, and it led his past to his own demise. Hard to follow, but im not 100% of this movie yet, i have to watch it couple more times. Thats what i like about those kinda of movies, when i watch them again, its like watching them for the ffirst time again. :grin:

I was happy with Matrix 3, i was expecting a completely different story, but it ended all the movies well, that’s what i thought. But wheni think about it, i think they only made the other 2 b/c the first was so successful. So i guess the story wasn’t as strong or couldnt be with as good in short notice, so who knows :wink:

The last samurai looks very promising, i watched the full preview when i saw Revoultions, looks very good within a story and a movie. Not only that Tom Cruise barely makes flops for movies.

Troy does look like the new Gladitor, BraveHeart, or successful war movie for the year, i guess this is the kind of movie that already won all the awards .

Im not fully sure what passioni s, but ill check it out.

I just heard about Garfield, i love the comic and cartoon, but i think its a little to late for a movie. Atleast to late for me to go and pay honest dollars for it. Im sure its good, and the kids will love it :tongue: