=( UH oh...somethings wrong.

About a month ago, I had my first LD. 2 Days later…another! Ever since, nothing has come…NOTHING. At first it was a dry spell. The dry spell ended, and I started dreaming regularly with high memory. Still - no LD. Finally, I lost the will to RC (I always forgot to anyways). Then - I lost the will to write my dreams down (I still remember my dreams pretty well, all in all.) Now - I am really mad. I STILL havent had one, and Im COMPLETELY bored of it. ;\ What do I do now?

I went through that once.
I had to take a break, and step back and look at why I was really trying to have lucid dreams. I found that I didn’t realy have a reason, and wasn’t very motivated either, so I quit for a month or so, but still posted on these forums. Some time passed, and I really started to miss it, and found the reason I was looking for, then I started again. Now I’m in my second, NEW dream journal, and steaming on in what I think will be quite a successfull effort.
If you really are fustrated, take a break. Sometimes I take breaks, and then started having LDs all of a sudden. If you really don’t feel like this is worth doing, then don’t do it, otherwise its not a good use of your time, and isn’t very fun either.

Hmmm, possibly. Ill try thinking about that 0.o

Yes you should definately take a break, Mimix. When you feel you have the motivation you need to continue LDing, start gently. In my opinion, doing hundreds of RCs, MILD, WILD etc. etc. every single day will just wear you out, and you will just start to lose interest again.

Haha, I have a reason for it. Basically everything you can get out of it. Fun, Exploration of Dreaming…etc.

Im finding no motivation from any of that. It just seems like I CANT do it, and that it seems like a waste of time, since nothing has really payed off, except those 2 EXTREMELY low level lucid dreams. I can NEVER remember to RC…and I suck at RCing anyways :o

I do think you should take a bit of a break. If your goal is for fun, you need to have fun in RL too, so don’t sacrafice your RL for LDing. Take a break, do RCs if you WANT to, but if not don’t. Don’t stress and don’t feel like you’ve let yourself down, you just need some time to relax. I took a break in the summer and when I came back I felt more motivated and had more LDs. I think you need a rest :wink: good luck!

Okay, thanks all - Ill try. Ill tell you the results…in a month or so lol

You may find that lucid dreams will come to you after you’ve quit. Thats happened to me before. :smile:

Ok, this is very simple, if you dont want to then you shouldn’t. Most people dont care about there dreams enough anyway. You can be one of them if you like. But I think of trying to have LDs as also a way to get more in touch with my normal dreams. When you write them down, or (I type mine on the computer and write them down) eventually they will pile up, and you will forget old ones. Then you can go through and read, this to me is one of the most rewarding parts of the quest for lucidity. It makes it all worth the effort when I can sit and explore my own head for a while…if you dont like that, the dont complain, dont ask questions, just stop careing, LD is not what its ALL about.

I experienced the same thing, Mimix. I had a long and beautiful LD for my first one, then six months until the next. I had just about given up when I had my next. I didn’t keep up with my dream diary or reality checks. I don’t recall what brought me back, but I think it may have been a particularly vivid dream or something. I started my dream diary again and started to lucid dream. Now I have a minimum of two LDs a month.

So, I agree with the others. Take a break and it will do you a load of good. Come back when you are ready.

simple. Take a more positive attitude. ^.^ I am down right now, but I’m still trying. Try WILD. Look it up and try it. seriously. ^.^

hmm, I may have found inspiration. I cant quit for some reason either way :razz: I dont want to stop, ive been just uninspired with crappy trying :wink:
Now, the inspiration was simple: I want to control dreams (ROFL). Yeap…thats it…control dreams. Kill things, help things, find random things, look at things, be controlling dreams…sounds pretty fun, yeap…and reading these experiences of others makes me want to control them even more. “I shot britney spears” I end up going “OMG I WANT TO DO THAT TOO!!!” lol… Fun fun… control dreams and do fun stuff, sounds like itd work together well…

And yes - to me - LDing is all I Care about, well - until I actually receive good dreams. Not vivid good - but plot good. Its always CRAPPY, no joke. I walk around a school, run from some guy, play a video game (which sometimes are good, depending if I actually are in them and they are good plotted…but thats the best i get overall)

I actually had a good dream last night. Sephiroth was in my dream, and was killing people in some sort of game, hed kill me usually too (I think, or he would almost kill me/hurt me badly and id run off…lost memory of that) either way, it was a weird, crowded, watery place it seemed. There was this net that divided a lot of rooms, and you could see through the other side. There were lots of people, most died - Sephiroth would always be the winner (I play too much FF7…obviously). Well, that was pretty much it…There werent that many rooms, it was a square arena with maybe 5 rooms/divided areas. After that…the dream got pretty boring…it was a place like Sams (with a walmart touch). My sister wanted to go to someone that died in the game. We did, it was some guy, he was all insane and stuff (it was the guy from 28 days later, the armyman that they captured in the base, if you have watched the movie)
So, we went to some place - and started throwing giant blown-up-with-air footballs. They were hard to catch, and finally I kicked one and it flew on top of something in the building (the buildings ceiling was…30 footish up.)
Oh, and I was playing the football game with some little 6ish year old kid and some family members, I think.