Do DC's seem startled when you become lucid?

DutchThor… good tip. Once when it happened, I told the remaining DC that the others didn’t have to leave and that I loved them. Maybe that will help me in the future.

Yeah, I also often find that most of the DC’s seem startled or scared of me. Just in like half of my LD’s, though. Sometimes just no one wants you around… its odd. Maybe its your brain’s “rebellion” to you defying the normal laws of the mind when its dreaming. Just doesn’t want you lucid. Suppose that theory has been thrown around though… Seems like I’ve seen it…

SpaceWrangler, wow, you have the same location as me… thats crazy, the UP has such a small amount of people, especially when compared to the worlds population. Weird.

Where in the UP are you? I’m in Marquette… the big city… ha ha

This morning, the DC’s didn’t seem to concerned with my lucidity. In fact, a couple times they called my name and asked me to wave if I can hear their thoughts…

Space Wrangler, i like your avatar, very nice one!

nope i never have that…i can raise heavy elemental storms and my dc’s dont even notice it much lol…i can do the weirdest thing at a disco full of dc’s but they act like it is as normal as an applepie on friday! :smile:

Must say that it changes when i have coloured lds, then dc’s indeed interact more with me, but in non rem black and white ones they dont react much at me being in the dream and doing what ever i do.

Jeff

Spacewrangler, this is very strange. I’m in Marquette, too. I think I joined almost exactly a month before you did, too… another odd coincidence. The chances of us both being from marquette is about 1 in 300,000. I’m such a dork for figuring that out. Are you by chance going to the university? Well, anyways, enjoy the forum… its a great resource.

Had a very short moment of lucidity last night, but the only thing I saw was a peculiar looking DC just staring at me. He must have been very interested. I was going to experiment with him and see how he reacted, but didnt have the time. In my dreams, they’re either intensely interested in me, hate me, or just want to ruin my dream. By the way, that was MILD induced.

Happy dreaming

I think it would be very useful if we could convince our dream characters to TELL us we were dreaming, show us a clock, etc, instead of trying to hinder our progress.
I’ve never had any DC tell me I was not dreaming, but I’ve never had any tell me I was dreaming either. I mean, what ARE they good for?? Sounds like they’re just slacking off. :smile:

• feed_my_BRAIN

I had both:
DCs telling me that I was dreaming and DCs telling me that I was not dreaming.
Second happened several times, the first case only once after a FA. I told a woman I just had an amazing LD, and she answered “but you are still dreaming” :eek:

I very much like the idea of asking DCs for help with lucidity, but so far I hadn´t had much success. Still believe in it, though.
There was some discussion about it a few weeks ago, just search for LILD (lucidity initiated lucid dream)

tapir

THAT is awesome. :smile:

Did you believe her?
A friend told me that they had a DC try and convince them that were dreaming and they wouldn’t believe them. I wonder if that DC ever talked to him again?
hmm…
If you think about it, interactions between DCs are just as real as interaction with people in external reality. We believe that DCs don’t have thought of their own, but then again, we can’t even prove that with regular people!
I can’t prove to you that I think. Only that I can type.

• feed_my_BRAIN

I often get these strange thoughts when walking through a crowd, or driving along a street… do all these many other people have a destination, a family, problems, wishes? Do they all have their own little worlds, things that are to them as important as some things are to me? It seems like it´s obvious, but it always seems so strange when I really realize it.

back on topic:

Yes, I believed her, but it was probably the most shocking getting-lucid in my life. For a split second I was like “that can´t be true”, but I already knew inside, and the very next moment it felt a little bit like my whole reality, all that I believed in, was shattered. I went lucid and immediately started to fly upwards, through the floors of my house. After some seconds I awoke.
I should add, it was the first real lucid dream I had (apart from my low-level childhood nightmares)

tapir

My DC tend to either disappear or avoid subjects that have anything to do with LD, that is untill I force them.

In my LD, the DCs seemed very quiet when it first happened. They all just looked at me, I asked one for “services” and she said, “Yeah, sure”.

When my scene morphed into a shopping mall, everybody was talking normally, except the shop assistants, who chewed gum and looked at me. :bored:

The only reaction i have had from a DC that i can currently remeber is one time this big man was trying to really beat the crap out of me and he was chasing me around. I was like holy crap this is just a dream so I leaped into the air and he was still on the ground and he was sooo mad he was screaming “DAMMIT!!! GODDAMMIT!!!” and just stuff like that and he was stomping his feet and furious as ever.

One of my friends named cory had a lucid dream. and He was in the middle of a city and he realized it was a dream and said “wow how vivid!” and then a huge crowd of people circled him and were pointing at him laughing and he started getting startled and scared and lost his lucidity.

[b][color=indigo]Mine aren’t bothered usually, they usually just go “wahtever” or “oh, that’s nice” and carry on, like they don’t take me seriously or don’t care about me. Man I hate my subconcious!

My mum was in one and she got upset and crazy and clung to my legs begging for her to be dreaming too…THAT was scary

Next time I get lucid I’ll turn to them with an evil grin and say “hey you…guess what? hehehehehe I’m lucid” and see what they do then![/color][/b]

Often my DCs say some things or are completely non-interactive or not there at all(hate that)
But somtimes they ull sneaky little tricks that work to make me lose lucidity, such as one a had awhile back where i was in the middle of this very enjoyable ld when a tv crew turned up and told me it was all a set-up and i was part of some tv show, i belived him!
Other times i probably treat them with huge contempt, i listen to them but mainly ignore them or tell them that im dreaming and it dosent matter anyway.
Actually a few weeks back a DC gave me some yummy chip-like things and i was sure when i woke up i would creat and market these chips and make a fortune, only once i awoke i relized the chips had been to big and complicated to really make.

well the DCs in my “dream world” (not MY, just the one i know of so far) in my thread in beyond dreaming do not like me at all.

i’m some sort of outcast/criminal it seems…

who knows if this is like, REAL, or just, I expected my violent actions to have consequences since i expected to be in a real place, and thus they don’t like me…

i would also expect them to treat my like a stray dog, too, (good old Last Samurai) for wandering into their world clueless.

but usually when I’m lucid there are far less DCs and they seem less real, i’m not really sure how they react when I become lucid, it’s rare that I “become” lucid in the middle of a dream, i usually just re-enter woken up from dreams with a new founded lucidity.

sometimes they try and trick me and make me do trivial things with them though, in fact, they do that all the time, like they want to keep me inside this dream world, why i don’t know, maybe i’m not meant to be dreaming and am supposed to go into deep sleep for a while.

i’ve thought about that for a long time, going to sleep in a dream instead of letting it fade away and letting me wake up.

Actually, my DC’s are completely oblivious to it, and carry on just as if it is an ND. So I have to show off to get them to notice. Last night, I jumped off a 2 story building. :content: Then some DC jumped off too after seeing me, never saw the outcome of that. :eek:

My DC ‘ do not seem to have any reaction when I become lucid. They either disappear as I go about my dream or, if I am including them in my dream they behave much the same as they did before ( unless I change that).

Yeah same here XD. Well when I became lucid, none of my DC’s really noticed, and I was in my school so there was a bunch of them. They acted normal, and I started telling them I was god and they reacted like any other normal person would react. “Yeah right, prove it.” So I dunno. Maybe it’s because they know what you’re thinking, so if you’re thinking something like “I am going to kill that DC” Then they react as if you’re not dreaming? Or maybe you expect them to run away? If you’re going to kill them, they probably should say “Uh oh” and vanish :tongue:

In my second dream they were all really friendly to me and acted like normal. For some weird reason though loads of them had prams and quite a few were elderly.

In one of the first lucid dreams that I had, I ran up to one of my friends and told him that I was dreaming. I don’t think he cared.