dreams while drunk

Alcohol, or more specifically the REM 'rebound effect it brings on, has been responsible for most of my ld’s. Sometimes I think the ideal lifestyle for prolific lucid dreaming would be ‘drunken bum’ (plenty of REM, no work in the morning!)

HI everybody!
I remember a few dreams where I was drunk, though I didnt was drunk in RL. Whats the reason for that or what could this mean? It was very annoying and more worse than in RL, couldnt walk and see right and was totaly disoriantated.

lol omg my dreams go sooo trippy when i am drunk :happy: and my lucidity falls down quite a bit. not surprising

something like that happend to me, it was about a year ago and my friend got me so wasted lol it was funny, anyways, i wasnt sure if it was a dream or i was just to drunk to remember or i was to drunk i was thinking about it and it happend i dont know tho, but it was funny

i find my dream are alot more restless when im drunk. And my dreams disdurb me so i can never get back to sleep once i wake up in the middle of the night

Yeh I usually have my most vivid dreams when I fall asleep drunk.

And if I got drunk at a party, I usually dream that the party is still kicking on and on and on. And I’m usually feeling anxious about getting home or going to work or something.

Although I might have had one lucid drunken dream in the past, I would tend to think that these kind of dreams are pretty hard to turn into lucid dreams because they seem to flow on pretty smoothly from the memories of the night before.

I read in EWLD that it suppresses REM sleep, so that once it wears off, you’ll have a very intense REM period late in the night, about 6 or 7 hours into sleep, to make up for the lost time. This could help LDing I suppose, to make the dream more intense.

My friend tried drinking some of his dad’s brandy (but he didn’t get drunk, he just had a little), and it not only helped him get to sleep, but he also had his first lucid dream. He did wake up immediately after realizing he was dreaming, but that’s common with first-time LDers.

I personally can’t say anything about its effects, since I’ve never tried an alcoholic drink. I’m 14- I don’t want to try any significant amount, though after hearing its effects on my friend, I might want to try a little before I go to bed the night before a weekend (so I’ll have plenty of time to sleep).

woa! i also always dream of the party after i go drinking! its always teh party that i dream of, and my scenerio is that other things are happening or osmehitng such as that!

Godly minds think alike!

hehehehe yeah…
ive had some pretty weird and scary lds drunk…
whenever i get drunk… not too drunk i can hope for lds…

but they are not that clear and I become arrogant mmm… just dont think allot.

It will be interesting to read all the dream journal entries on Jan 1 to see if the dreams have been affected by the celebrations. :beer: :partying_face:

Oooops :content: I’ve been celebrating way to early, but i always have enough room for some more :grin: I have no idea what I’m in for tonight(New Years Eve :wink: ), but i think it will have some affect on my dreams, like it has lately. The late hours make it vivid also.

Im having good recall Moogle :ok:

Hm, five glasses of champagne and I hardly feel buzzed…

post merged into an older existing topic

Does drinking alcohol have an effect on dreams for you guys?

Whenever i go to sleep drunk, or even just after a few beers my dreams become very vivid turbulent sometimes confusing and overall very different.

does anybody else experience this as well ?

Interesting…the last time I got wasted and slept I had realllly vivid and realistic, linear dreams. Ones where something was weird enough to just require a simple reality check and I would have been lucid. I remembered it when I woke up and stuff.

I’m planning on it tonight, I’ll see how it goes…

yesterday I drunk three beer to look what dream I get if I go or sleep I only have barley images what happend.First I have to tell you that I have a good family my parents never take any drugs except coffe alcohol and cigarettes.In this dream my father was a H junkie and he punches my mother very often he had a yellow t-shirt and when he put this on he was down like he has himself gotten a squirt. after punching my mother he put’s his shirt on an sat down on a windowbench with open window as he put his face down to chill and closes his eyes I pushed him out the window. He felt and broke his neck from falling down the first floor.I decided to go in front of the house to see if he was death yes he was I was very Happy but some other people looked out their windows and called the police, and so the dream ends

Last time I got drunk and fell asleep I got a dream that made no sense and was really disturbing… I lived in a yellow sleeping bag and at a time I think I was married to my brother! (Okay, just to clear things up, NOTHING happened with my brother, we just went from one store to another, introducing ourselves as Mr and Mrs in my dream). And I’m pretty sure the guy from The Addam’s Family was my father!!

Drunken dreams are so crazy sometimes…

oh yeah there really crazy I also had some other dreamscenes
with a guy named johnson but there where very short I can’t remember more than this name but I think it comes from english forums and my mind brought someting in disorder.

Mine tend to be more direct off real life than usual. (If I play a video game and watch a movie it will be a mixture of the two like the video characters playing characters in the movie.)

normally they become very different to my normal dreams, but the last time i got drunk i did not remember any of my dreams at all.

yes!
this is what im talking about!
LETS GET KRUNK!!

ok then i’ll just do it on my own starts to drink vodka but dad comes and swipes bottle away
aww