Post here if you've used VILD before and been successful!

I haven’t yet,(note the yet, I believe I will soon) but post here anyway.

VILD is designed for me by me. It works for me. If it works for anyone else then it is a bonus! I thought I’d share it with you all incase…plus it might give good ideas!

I’ve had a few PM’s saying that it was successful but I’ve had waaaaaaay more saying thanks for the method coz it’s got them lucid coz of other parts of it I had written. VILD might not work like it does for me but I’m sure everyone can take bits from it and add it to their own stuff. I wouldn’t say that unless people had told me it had helped them.

That’s why I made this topic. To find out how many people have been successful with it.

LOL…pedro just reading this post and i saw your january ld number… you must be exhausted haha

What Pedro said. :slight_smile: The VILD method may not have completely worked but it definitely helped me achieve an LD faster yesterday. I hope it doesn’t wear off (I have this ‘beginner’s luck’ thing with a lot of new techniques I try). But for some reason today was the first day I frequently remembered to do RC’s as well. So I’m going to continue practicing it! :happy:

I haven’t been using the VILD that Pedro uses, but I made a slight variation that has been working fine for me. I liked the idea of directly linking dream incubation to a RC so, I sorta used that concept and mixed it with MILD a little bit and I have some weird technique that works quite well for me.

So I guess in some sort of an indirect way VILD has worked for me, but more importantly inspired me to a different approach.

+1 to the tally :wink:

Hm, so what do you do trancewave?

Haven´t used VILD yet, at least not very serious

tapir

I tried vild but I couldnt fall asleep without my mind wandering.
it almost worked though. il try it again tonight

I’ve begun rigorous training in the VILD process… I am inspired by Pedro and his abilities…

I have not had true VILD success yet, but I’ve only had 4 LD’s total in the past year, and two nights ago when attempting VILD it didn’t ‘work’, but I did have an LD later in the night…

That gave me all the inspiration I need to stick with it… But the HARDEST thing I find is replaying the visual over and over, it seems to keep me awake… So I end up losing all concentration and falling asleep - lol

Pedro if you read this, any thoughts, suggestions? Please?

anytime i almost went into the dream i was visuallising i would think , hey im almost there, then right back into normal conciousness. wtf?!

Hey macmansit, your gonna fall asleep eventually whether your visualizing or giving it up…either way you’ll fall asleep. But it’s more tiring for your body and mind to keep thinking this scene over and over…stick at it, just keep doing it and you won’t be able to, your body will begin to shut down. But don’t think about anything else…don’t even think about “oooh my body is starting to shut down”! You think of ONE thing…the visualization.

I was talking to some people on neopets. One had found his way to the VILD board, did it, followed exactly, and was very succesful.

yea!! VILD is probably THE best method i have ever tried, last night i tried it, and had one my longest, vividest, LD’s i have had in a while! But soon I “went with the flow” it was so cool, it followed a story line and everything, I read LaBerges book until I couldnt keep my eyes open, and then did VILD, notice I was dreaming, and it was GREAT!

Funny, the topic is “Post here if you’ve used VILD before and been successful!” and yet not a single one of those who replied have really succeeded.

Anyway, just wanted to share my thoughts about the VILD tech. By reading Pedro’s posts, I see that he is extremely skilled at visualisation. And that’s what VILD is all about, and that’s why it works so well for him. If you are good at remembering things, MILD would be the best for you and so on.

So I recommend that everyone ask themselves what skill/ability that can be linked to lucid dreaming they are good at, and try to tailor their own technique from there.

I consider having one of my longest, most vivid LD’s in a while success! :cool_laugh:

I’ve had that myself and heard it from lots of others… have we come up with a resonable explaination for that “beginner’s luck” that we could perhaps use to help our efforts???

Peace,
Sruthan

I wouldn’t think VILD would be associated with beginners luck because you enter the dream directly. The only luck you might have is being able to fall asleep faster, but it’s not determined by the same system MILD is. Being able to fall asleep visualizing is something more of a continuous thing.

I’ve seen many threads talking about how varying MILD mantras can help you out, about how you get used to the brainwave generator and have to “rest” before using it again with success, and about how varying your techniques might help. I don’t remember any explanation but I certainly can’t come up with one of my own…

The VILD worked for me. The best thing about VILD is because you’re doing RC’s it tends to make for a more stable RC.