Funny People

Jabbervock that sounds like what its like in Australia, no one really gives a shit, occasional fun is made of people nothing bad really and it never really has been.

Theres still jocks, but the sluts don’t hang out with them really, more the yuppy chicks but still not much or a divide.

the funniest thing with the popular groups here is they only hang out with each other and go to parties with each other, it changes a bit as they get older but its pretty sad.

my highschool was pretty bad about that. It wasn’t exactly like in the movies. but pretty close. Then again the whole town i lived in was full of assholes. It got better after softmore year for me personally but thats because i gave up on the social scene. after a falling out with an old girlfreind i watch how our group of friends split and just siad fuck this fickle shit.

Oh and highschool is 90210. I know they were like in collage and what not but highschool is all about drama. its kids acting like there adults and none of them reallize it until they’ve been out for a year or so. some don’t reallize it ever which is sad. but, what do you do.

All the concelation i can offer is that highschool sucks and real life is much more fun.

lol I sure hope real life is better, I can’t wait till I get a job and I’m on my own. So I can have my own appartment and such. Away from parents. And away from all the high school kids. I hate high school kids.

Who, me? Just because I go to high school… I bring so many puzzles to fiddle with that it doesn’t really count though. :tongue:

School in Canada is mostly better than in the US (we don’t need metal detectors at the doors) but there are still fights, sluts, jocks exc. My school was built for 800 students or so, and there are 1600 in it. Nobody knows anyone by name, sometimes teachers call you by your student # not your name. Of course there are good teachers too, teachers that I’ve really learned a lot to and can talk to in the halls and stuff, the fact is to most teachers you’re just another kid in a class of 34

Everything in canada is better i think. Everyone in the US makes fun of canada after south park. But it really is better. You guys don’t run into as many problems with drugs. People aren’t so uptight i think. I’ve only been there once for 2 weeks though, so correct me if im wrong. I don’t think that sounds better really, that many kids, I have one class with 6 kids…it’s kinda a class for kids with bad ADD or something that cant pass a normal class, but thats ok. I’d rather go to school here, but I’d rather live in canada. You guys have better weed, and lots of our drugs comes from up there.

of course canada is better. They’ve got coffee shops were you can smoke. :smile: well at least they do in vancoover(sp?) (accually i know i didn’t spell that right, oh well).
and not all american schools have metal detectors at the doors. actually i’ve never seen that except for on T.V. I’m sure there are some. but i went to grade school in cincinnati and they didn’t have them there. maybe in the highschools but i don’t know.

In my opinion, teachers have no respect for pupils, and thus pupils have no respect for teachers. It’s a catch22.

My school has a new headmaster, who I throuwn upon. He has expelled 40 students since he got here, and has been promising to improve the school. Is this his solution? To expel people if they do one thing wrong? He’s also making up stupid rules that I think supress the students. Is this Russia? (no offense to anybody). Why is he trying to supress the school students.? It’s like he’s making thing better - for the teachers and worse for the students.

Senior member teachers are now shouting at us. My French teacher got irritated by it and told them not to shout at us.

I think the disipline systems is messed. For example, if you are told to go out in the freezing cold and make photocopies of some bits of paper you have to follow this “instruction”. Again, I ask, is this Russia? Get of you own lazy bottom and do it. So based on this idea, if you are told to jump of a cliff, you get a detention if you don’t do it. Which would you rather have?

I could rant on, but you get the idea. The whole system is based on suppressing students. Or that’s my opinion. Prehaps if parents knew how teachers treated students they might also throun upon schools.

Ah well… if school was job, I would have quit.

I love how teachers can basically make you do anything, often abuse their power, give hours of homework, stress you out, make you mark all their work and then have the nerve to say ‘You’re so LUCKY, these are the BEST years of you LIFE!’

And they wonder why so many students commit suicide.

For goodness sake, if Highschool is the BEST than I hate to see the worst.

catch 22 is a good band, not what you were talking about but anyway. Teachers can’t MAKE kids do anything. They encourage it cause they get payed for it. there are very few teachers anymore that actually care. Most just do what they have to so they get their paycheck. It bothers me, they go on about giving all effort and shit, but they don’t themselves. I’m not saying i’m never a hypocrit cause i am a lot, but they are adults and suppose to be role models for us, if they can’t follow their own rules, why the hell should we? Also, in my school they have this rule that we aren’t allowed to listen to headphones (walkman or whatever). No one has followed it really that much, but they just had this teacher meeting last week and are like enforcing it a lot. One teacher came up to me in the hall and told me I had to take off my headphones and put them away, and I took them off, but i asked her why? and she goes “excuse me?” “what is the reason behind that rule?” “Just put them away and don’t wear them in school” “Rules without reason need not be followed” and i walked off and put them back on. I got called down to the front office later of corse and argued with the (insert four letter words here) vice principal. They wanted to take away my headphones and mp3 player (iPod i got for christmas) I told them to take a hike, I got it for christmas and I know it was expensive and if they take, they will scratch it all up and maybe break it or lose it, and plus the rules in the student planner specifically say “headphones” doesn’t say anything about cd players, mp3 players or any player, just headphones. School’s are corrupt just like the government. The generation in control now sucks, our generation is coming forth out of control, angry, and deadset on fighting for a cause. The silent majority isn’t silent anymore.

I implore you not to listen to music within lessons. It’s horrible. Outside lessons should be fine in my opinion.

As for the rule which says headphones - I think you need to follow the rules by the spirit, not by the letter. Besides, if you connect your iPod to actual speakers instead of headphones, I think they’re quite justified to make you shut the damn thing up. :eek: :bored:

alright my opinion once again.
First, 90% of all highschool teachers are fucking morrons. I know this i have humbled quite a many teachers in my day. They say that they wanted to become teachers because they want to help kids. My ass!
I beleive, aside from the few good teachers out there, That they simply get so attached to highschool that they can’t bear to face the really world.
However i’m not saying all teachers i had some great teachers in highschool, but i also had teachers that i wouldn’t trust to tie their own shoses.
as far as head phones are consernd, People take those rules way to far. Its probably listed as a distraction iteam in the student code right? my school was the same way. not waering them in class is one thing. But in the halls is completly different.

i know i’m being a smart alec with the headphones thing, but they freak out if i’m in lunch listening to my music, what could i possibly have to hear during lunch, I’m pretty sure if there was a fire or the building was going to explode seeing everyone run out would be a good sign. And in the halls, ever before school starts, I get there early and sit in the hall and teachers tell me to put it away. They are always looking for things to disapline you for. They are feeding on the authority I won’t give them.

I have never been in a American school but I do live in Canada and I can’t say that our school is that good well actualy I can. Though I’m not really involved in know who is a jock as you put it or a slut. Sure their are fights not many but their organised like I’ll meet you here at this time. I won’t allow any fights in my group of friends. I used to fight every day in the earlyier grades 2-4 In 4 I fought a group of 7 graders I won by a sort of defult but man after that I didn’t want to fight anymore. I wont stop other peoples fights because their none of my business but my friends we know whats going on around us. High school kids… I am one so I don’t know what to say.
Teachers are blind.(No offense). Their are kids who walk the halls and just make fun of people here I see one talking to the Principal at the end Principal- Your a great student.
It’s sick. These people can’t see whats actualy happening. Ever shot I can take I take. Teacher makes a mistake I’m first to call out. Why doesn’t this poeme have a picture?Me- Maybe the people couldn’t find a picture. Teacher- Ahh no. Some one else. Idiots. Ticks me off. Another point I come up and do a presentation and we catagorise a article in science. We the group decided to do that. We do presentation. All good tell the catagory. Teacher- nope. My friend- ya thats right(to the teacher, agreeing). I got into a big disscussion with the teacher for about 30 minutes about how this is science and not Society.
In the end only a couple other people were with me.
NOBODY SPOKE OUT BECAUSE OF THE TEACHERS POINT OF VIEW! It’s sick! Do something about it. I know this because I asked the majority of the class. Teachers do not rule us. Maybe some of you think they do but they don’t… they have no control over us.
SPEAK OUT FOR GOD’S SAKE!!! No silence. Be heard.
Thank you.

I like that, your right. No control, did you know that teachers aren’t allowed to let you not go to the bathroom? you can leave once every class. If you ask and they say no, just get up and walk out if you have to go. That’s what i do and while none of my teachers like me I don’t like them either so it’s ok. Theres one teacher I have that does respect me, so I don’t ever give him any crap. Other then that I do as i please and if they don’t like it they can suspend me, I don’t go to detention. The law says I have to go to school, It doesn’t say I have to go to detention or follow the school rules.

Oh ya of course. I am getting sick and tired of teachers acting as if they are gods. Teacher- Do you think Lorraine put make up on? Me- Yes. teacher- Why? Me- I just think that. teacher- you can’t.
I once had that conversation with a teacher. I never got into the situation where I couldn’t go to the Washroom because of a teacher. But ya of course that’s what I’ll do.
I also realized that a lot of my class m8’s will not speak out. They sit there a whole class and don’t speak out.
THEIR AFRAID THAT WHAT THE’LL SAY WILL BE WRONG ACCORDING TO THE TEACHER!!! How can a teacher critise your opinions?
In grade 7 my health teacher gave me 0 out of 10 on an opinionated question. YOU CAN’T DO THAT. IT’S MY OPINION.
It’s like saying, " What do you think of Alice’s shoes?" "
I think their nice."
“Wrong.”
The system was not meant to be worked that way. Teachers are abusing their powers. Trying to spread like a disease and it is contaminating and it’s contagious and dangerous. But their is a cure and it works and some of us have been spared or saved. But for some this cure is unknown of and that’s why I’m spreading the word.
Thank you.

Music lowers my brain frequencies because of the beats and then I am able to learn better. No wonder how I learned this. :tongue:

Ofcourse, no rules exist as such. They are just made up as convinente, and some rules have become perminant. For example, last one out cleans the hall. Although I told the duputy head that I wouldn’t let my brother do it when he tried to force my brothert to do so.

Rules cannot be taken by spirit. Most of them seem to have akward twists in them, and no pretection for students what so ever.

I agree. It is no wonder why students “rebel” agianst the system.

Afraid - of a teacher. There are so many laws protecting students, it’s quite hard for teachers to do much more. The majority will be happy to fight back at an out of order teacher. Unfortantly, they (and sometimes I) become rude, although I claim that teachers are rude to us.

Not all teachers are bad though. You do get dedicated ones.

But the number of dedicated ones are also going down. What in 5 years do you know what the school system will be like? We will have no control over anything. We got to set up the foundations and then people will build on. We are not slaves to gods. For we are gods and that power cannot be taken away from us. It’s time that we show our power, not forcibly but intellectually. We will fight on their grounds. Rule them over. Show our difference, our power and then we shall see THEIR POWER OVER US.
FOR THEIR IS NO POWER THAT BINDS ME TO MY CHAIR.
IF THEY SAY THAT I’M SCREWING MY LIFE BY NOT WORKING. THEN IT’S MY PROBLEM, SO STAY OUT OF IT.
To the dedicated teachers, lets keep them dedicated. Listen to them but make sure, for they also have “power”, that they don’t abuse it and lets open their eyes before they can close them. Show them what’s real and how life works and maybe, maybe they’ll spread word of the cure. Because I’m so sick and tired of listening to THOSE LYING SLIMY PIGS!!
WE HAVE RIGHTS AND WE SHALL USE THEM!!!
FOR THE PEOPLE AND THE SYSTEM!
Their corruption shall be no more and we all will see who has the power.
Thank you.

Woa. I’m suddenly convinced my highschool time wasn’t that bad.

NONE of the teachers were bastards. Okay, one maybe, but I never had a class with the guy. All teachers were pretty much friendly young people who far more enjoyed having a discussion with their pupils, than stuffing their heads full of ‘rights’ and ‘wrongs’. But my highschool came in third or fourth in a research about the best highschools of the Netherlands… so yeah… (I was suprised about that too. @_@)

My peers in highschool, an entirely different story. [Insert long story about 8 years of bullying here.]

I severly disliked highschool. The reason I graduated was because I wanted freedom. And guess what? I HAVE IT. I love college. College rocks! Kids, if anything drags you down, highschool is being a bitch, keep that in mind. College. Freedom. Of course, you gotta be careful and pick the right college education or else you’ll end up unmotivated and flunk out of college, which is not good. That’s why you gotta obey the rules. You have to cheat the system. Let them think they’ve got you under control… and then you leave, come back and beat em. Metaphorically speaking of course, I’m against teacher violence.

The other month I got a letter from my old highschool. If I wanted to write anything about my first year in college. If I had any tips. I wrote down, ‘Wallflowers, nerds and outsiders; DO NOT GIVE UP! THERE IS HOPE! College rocks! Work hard and get yourself out of highschool! If I can make it so can you!’

I really don’t know if it’s been placed in the schoolpaper… but it would be cool if it did. Someone seriously needs to speak up for the bullied, the nerds, the geeks, the outsiders, the lonely, the unpopular. ME! :grin:

Anyway… I think I have the luck of growing up in a rather peaceful low-populated area, when I hear your stories. o_o

I think it’s a problem, really. Teachers are the most valuable in society, next to parents and possibly family. Teachers are partly responsible for raising a new generation and teaching them important things - not just math or English but stuff about life and philosophy. But alas. Teachers are underpaid, schools are underfunded, standardized tests suck the life and motivation out of students and people who stand on a stage singing some dumb song earn millions of dollars. I wonder, why are those that contribute the least to our society, awarded the most - and the other way around?

Ya it seems you came up really easy.
Freedom. I haven’t yet gone on that. What freedom has been shown to me? None. The best of trips were the ones where I had freedom. I could do whatever I wanted when I wanted. High school has given me more freedom but still not enough. They want to confine every single essence of freedom into a little corner and let it rot. This freedom is a secret that everyone knows. See we are not supposed to know the freedom but we still know it’s their and somewhere we will find that room and we will find freedom and it will be accessible to everyone and people will act off it. Now knowing that we have this freedom imagine what can be done.
Their will be no raising from the ashes here, for their never was any ashes. We will rise from the ground and they will still try to push us down but we will show them. For we are not like we were. THE TIME OF CHANGE HAS COME.
WE STILL HAVE OUR FREEDOM NO MATTER WHAT THEY THINK AND NOW THEY CAN’T TAKE IT AWAY.
Our freedom is coming back and it’s spreading.
Thank you.