Am I close to an OBE here?

(For all you guys who visit the chat room, I am DE)
Take note that i only performed this for 30 minutes because of the pure temperature of the room, it was so high that it was making me uncomfortable, i could no longer continue with the exercise after 30 minutes.

Okay, anyway, i’m laying in my bed, i do the relaxation exercises fine, then i begin to deepen, hoping to get into trance state. It must have been 20 minutes into the exercise that i felt like a duplicate of my body was on top of me(especially in the arms area), then for a brief few moments i went numb, then returned to normal, no real change noted. It happened a second time five minutes later, and once again, no change…am i close to getting into a trance state, and either if i am or not, what else do i need to do, apart from obviously lengthening the proceedure to over an hour?

Well if you hade an obe that means you you think your out of your body (I think thats wat it is). Well i quess you hade an obe or somthin like it.

I’m not really considering my experiance an “obe” or “oobe” in any respect, because i did not feel fully detached from my body. Maybe i’m a quarter of the way there, i’m not too sure.

What I’d recommend doing is try moving your arm the next time it happens. Be ready for it, and when it happens, pick your hand up in front of your face (just like you normally would, no imagination).

The first couple experiences I had were only partial OBEs, where I’d get a hand or two free (and could see them as a bluish starry static outline), but the rest of my body would be stuck. If you can get a hand free and moving, then you’ll know you’re close. You might also be able to peel the rest of yourself out, using that hand.

Usually I feel vibrations running through my body (like sticking a finger in an outlet) before getting out, though I have slipped out a couple times without 'em. When it does happen for me, there isn’t much time to react, so I’ve trained myself to roll out (like a log) as soon as I feel changes coming on.

Hi eele01…

no this was no obe…its just very normal what you experienced…every one who does trance relaxation gets those experiences on his/her path…

You where between waking and sleeping and in a light to medium trance…at that stage its very normal that you feel your self floating above your body or that you feel your arm doubling itself and floating in the air…
If you dont know what to do next and you would try this for more then 2 hours or so you would not be able to fall a sleep because these exercises deprive your brain from serotonin (neurotransmitter for falling a sleep and trance and feelings)…
So you better know what you do next to deepen your trance state and enter a deeper trance or at will a lucid dream!

But i must say iam impressed with you…did you do this without learning from books…because then you are a natural like iam…but it doesnt really matter you did very well indeed…if you know what to do next and with some food that contains the precursor of serotonin you will reach tyour goal for sure i think…

Jeff

closed - continue here:
xs4all.nl/~pasquale/TTM/r1/i … c.php?t=79