can RL conditions cross over to a dream

I admit it, I drink from time to time :shy: . Most recently, I had a dream after I went to bed after a few hours of drinking. I supprisingly became lucid for a while, but I was not able to maintain. If I remember correctly, I felt like I had been drinking and I think that is why I did not remain lucid. Do RL conditions cross over into the Dream World? Any thoughts on this subject? :confused:

well, if you drink it can definitely have a negative effect on dreaming in general. whether it be recall, or awareness for lucidity… a lot of things that will have an effect on your body will effect you in your dreams

Being drunk slows your brain. Your brain would still be slow until you’d metabolized all of the alcohol. So yeah, it’s possible to be drunk in an LD. In fact, I’d expect it.

And never be ashamed of alcohol. :content:

Oh, I am quite the opposit of ashamed.
Thanks for the advice.
Cheers, :beer:
Night

As my name implies…alcohol is good!!

Anyway, once i had a dream when i was drunk, and i was slightly lucid, i knew i was dreaming, but things were ‘real’ like i needed the toilet…in some of my LD I summon this old guy, and i can ask him things about me, so in this one i asked him if my body really need the toilet, he said yes…seeing a toilet across the room, i decided that if i needed the toilet, i should just go…shouldnt have done that…this is a warning, when you are drunk, NEVER TRY TO STAY LUCID AND DONT USE THE TOILET!!!

:shy: :cry:

In the next LD I had, I asked the old guy why he hadnt warned me, and told him that he could in future (he kept saying that it wasnt his place to interfere in my experiences!)

Yeah, going to da bog in a dream is usually a bad idea :eh:.