OOBE....or wait was it a lucid dream?!?!?

Ive been trying lately to induce lucid dreams, I havent had luck yet, or had one since I was little, im pretty sure im really close though. Anyways, last night I was reading about OOBES and Lucid Dreams, then this morning before i woke up (I think??) I rolled over to my side then just felt my body going up, and had weird vibrations. I kept trying to open my eyes but I just couldnt, then I remember getting a sense of fear, but then I told myself, wait…im in my bed, im sleeping, nothing can hurt me. Then i woke up. If i didnt wake up after that, would I of been in a lucid dream or just watching my body as i floated away?. When I woke up I didnt know if I was sleeping when this happened or awake, I still kinda dont.

the answer to that question depends largely on who you ask. some people say that OBEs are in fact LDs. others say that OBEs are when your consciousness actually is wandering out side of the body

i happen to prescribe to the second school of thought, so my answer as to which you were about to go into would be:

it depends

when you are in sleep paralysis (which is what you described from the sound of it) you can go either way, into the dream or astral world

but of course… that’s just my opinion :yinyang:

Yep, that’s SP. Next time that happens, concentrate, and you can have a LD or OOBE. Whether it would’ve been an OOBE or a LD, I couldn’t say. I’m still experimenting myself, and I’ve hit a bit of a snag…

Sounds like SP and other stuff associated with the transition between sleep and wakefulness. Your body starts up and shuts down processes, not unlike a computer. Your consciousness processes started up before your motor function processes. It is in this transition that we feel the vibrations and hear the noises associated with WILD.

I could be wrong, but sounds like simple SP. And I think OBE’s are bunk. :tongue: But yeah, I could be wrong.

I agree with you on OBE’s being bunk, but I believe in the feeling they give. I dont think that its you escape your body and all that, but ive had pretty intense vibrations going through my body, with the feeling that your floating up. Its such an insane feeling. But whenever it happens to me i dont look at myself in my bed as im floating through my ceiling.

I completely disagree about them being bunk. It possibly sounds like the beginning of an AP but in my experience if there was a full separation there should be no doubt. Any strong emotions can quickly end these experiences. If you would have stayed in it there are a lot of things that could have happened. There are 2 types of projections. There is real-time or etheric projection where you can view the real world and you could see your body from here but these are hard to stay in. Then there is astral projection which is more common and I think better but you won’t be seeing anything in the physical world. It could also turn into an LD but I’ve only had 1 LD from SP.