waking up after dreams

I wake up sometimes after I dream, last nite I did it the most. I woke up after every small dream, I go to sleep with the intention to have a Lucid Dream. Does me waking up after every dream mean I am coming close to lucid dreaming, like being more concious or something like that?

Well, I ever since I’ve started trying to remember ym dreams, I’ve woken up once, without realising it (it takes me a couple of minutes to realise that I have actually been alseep, and then I can remember my dream…)

But I don’t wake up for every dream. Infact, when I woke up this morning I remembered three dreams at once (well, they came to me over a couple of minutes, but I didn’t need to fall sleep, wake up, remember, fall sleep, wake up, remember etc).

Skill… :wink:

I think best for you is to not too loose this ability Numb.Many people are struggling with many recall problems.You seem talented if you managed to work on your subcounciousness to the level that you wake up after every dream.
It wont hurt you sleepwise cuz many people wake up at night for no reason,eat something ,go back to bed…so its not something unhealthy.
Secondly it is very very helpfull in lucid dreaming.

You have only pros of it,if i were you id cherish it a lot:)

I fully agree with Jack on this one, waking up after your dreams is very useful if you want to have lucid dreams. First of all, it will aid your dream recall since you wake directly from many separate dreams. Second, your mind will in fact be more awake when you go to sleep again, and you will have a better chance at having LDs.

You could also try staying awake for a little while longer after you wake up (known as WBTB). That way you will be more awake when you fall asleep, so to say.

I know what you mean, that’s what happens to me when I intend to wake up at night. I don’t even realise that I’m in my bed at first, I’ll just be laying there with my mind going through a bunch of random thoughts and ideas. This reminds me of lucidity: I need to remember that I am awake, as opposed to the more common “I have to remember that I am dreaming”. :wink:

Everybody wakes up at night after their dreams, but we all forget it :sad: Apart from you that is!

That seems like a good way to do WBTB - get up for maybe 20 minutes, read LD stuff, and go back to sleep.

Are you sure we wake up between dreams? I’m not saying it’s untrue, just that I’ve never noticed. But the “but we forget it” part would take care of that. :content:

If we do wake up between dreams, saying “we just forget about it” doesn’t really explain much. If you simply forget it, you could just write down something when you wake up to help you remember.

It has to be something more than just forgetting, and from my own experiences I know that when you wake up naturally from a dream in the middle of the night, you are so drowsy that you will never get fully awake. You’ll just daydream (without lucidity) for a few minutes and fall back asleep, I think.

I think ive been waking up in bewteen dreams because I get near lucid then snap out of it, and since i realize i was dreaming, i just wake up instead of slipping back into a normal dream. Thats what my friend tells me anways. It only happens sometimes, but its a big piss off.

When you go to sleep with intentions of a lucid dream, do you just not think about lucid dreaming and just sleep normal, then go lucid, or do you picture in your mind being lucid before you fall asleep?

That’s sort of up to you. Sometimes you can get yourself all screwed up by anticipating the possibility of an LD. I just feel it out. I usually try to WILD, but if I find it’s just distracting me and I really need to get some sleep, I roll over on my side and just relax and let my mind wander where it will. Most of my LD’s happen as a result of a spontaneous revelation that I am dreaming. They are never due to RC’s, though I think RC’s are very good for helping you to wonder. That’s the big thing. If you can question it you’re usually there.

But as far as what I’m thinking about when I go to sleep, statistically I’ve had more LD’s without thinking about/expecting it.