The Big "Hi, I'm new here!" Topic VIII

Lucid Dreaming takes place during the REM sleep cycle, becuse this is the only time that your sensory perception can be effectively ‘tricked’ into receiving stimulus directly from the imagination, rather than from the real world. To answer your question, yes, I believe it is possble for a practised individual to directly enter REM sleep at will, and remain there for a time beyond what would otherwise be the biological limit before moving on the a subsequent sleep cycle. A deep trance meditaion can help to lower your brain’s frequency down to the theta range, from where it’s not impossible to consciously fall asleep, and initiate an immediate lucid dream.

Are you referring to while you’re awake, or inside the dream? I can’t say I quite understand what you mean. Has someone else experienced this and can help explain it?

I can’t say I’m prone to waking from an LD with the desire to eat sugar, but I can speculate on why you might. Perhaps your body is in need of energy for some reason, or at least feels as though it is? Again, has anyone else experienced something like this?

Anyway, welcome to the forum, redleafbroken. If you have any other questions on the topic, feel free to post them in the “Intro” or “Quest for Lucidity” forums. I hope you enjoy your stay. :smile:

It seems that Atheist was so busy answering redleafbroken’s questions that he forgot to say hello to nerdcore and TheDerf too.

So I wish you all a warm welcome and if you want any inspiration for your lucid dreaming. Atheist’s Dream Journal is a great source! You can find it here, just click the link.
https://community.ld4all.com/t/atheists-dream-journal/5853

Just saying what’s up. New to the forum, obviously. Just saying what’s up. If I have any questions, I’ll post them, but for now, I’ll just explore around the forum for questions I might have, will have, etc… peace.

Hey just a friendly hello to try and get to know some of you. Bit about myself, I am very very open minded and have had ld experiences in the past but didnt know I was having them if that makes sense :wink:

Hello ion and Genericman. You will find plenty of interesting posts to read :look: in this forum and I hope you will become active posters here. :user:
Have fun and great LDs! :dream:

Hi Genericman Ion Nerdccore TheDerf Redleafbroken all welcome!

Enjoy this forum and its members :happy:

Mmm Redleafbroken or you got a very unhealthy bloodcirculation or u are experiencing light trance effects!

Greetz,
Jeff

Welcome Meatloaf, hope u have a many dreams while staying here at the forum! Welcome!

Happy dreams!

Jeff

Welcome Meatloaf, GenericMan, ion, TheDerf, redleafbroken, nerdcore, Striddy… Ok I really need to come here more often! I’m way behind welcoming people!
Anyway! Hope you all find answers to your LDing Questions in this forum, and have fun while you’re at it!
Good luck achieving Lucidity!!!
-Charlotte

Greetings,

I wondered about LD4all after seeing it so many times at Sea Life. Then I met Q over there. I had to come and check it out a few days ago. I read a few posts and some of the excellent dreaming information here and never took time to come back.

Last night I dreamed I was looking at the LD4all forum and trying to read the little Are You Dreaming thingie that changes. There were lots of people here and they wouldn’t let me look at it long enough to see if it changed, so it always said Are You Dreaming every time I looked at it. I was trying to find a post by a person on here who has an avatar like a hand on top of many beautiful colors and I was trying to talk to Q. I got frustrated in the dream and woke up.

My dreams led me to Sea Life for information about my dreams of the 13 moon calendar. Now I suppose I’m going at it backwards and learning about dreams themselves. I am supposed to be here for some reason. I can’t wait to see what it is! :cool:

Love

Hi Greeneyes lol i seen you at Sealife indeed :smile:

Welcome!
Its a silly question, but ehm u got green eyes yourself?

ok happy dreams on what ever forum u might be :happy:
Enjoy!

Jeff

Hey! :cool_laugh: I know you, Penguin Man! I’m so glad I came here! I have been reading a lot. It was a great way to spend the afternoon. I’m so glad I was invited.

Yes. My eyes are green, with just a tiny bit of brown around the pupil. My friend Falling Feather hooked me up with the truly awesome avatar. :cool:

Good to see you here, Jeff, and all the others I recognize.

Love,
Sandy

Hello Greeneyes…it’s good to welcome a familiar name. I believe Sunwolf is thinking about having a look at ld4all too. :wiske:

Oh is he Moogle hmm

(^_) = Moogle in the morning :happy:

Jeff

Jeff is now known as; ‘Penguin Man’

Congrats on your new title!

Welcome GreenEyes! Hope you have a nice long stay at LD4all and find all of your dreaming needs!

LOL CharlotteDreamer hehe this Pinguin makes a bow for you and puts a rose in your hair :happy:

Your new avatar i also like, its so spring!
Yours also moogle, its beautiful!

Jeff

It’s one from Ashvura’s Gallery so she has to take the credit for it. My normal avatar is playing up … I will have to look into it when I feel like investigating. I got it back last night, then when I returned today I just had a red kiss in the avatar spot instead! :tongue:

It would be great to see Sun here, Moogle. I will send him a note and see if he has time. There is so much cool information here. The red kiss was perfect for today’s date! Charlotte, hello to you and I too love the daisy.

I feel I know so many of you already, it seems like home. I’m looking forward to knowing the rest of you. I still haven’t found the person with the hand-over-colors avatar. I think the name had something to do with flowers…? :bored: Oh well, maybe I just dreamed about it because it was pretty and made me come back here! :grin:

Thanks all. Love

Thanks Jeff :smile: I like my new avatar too, I refuse to think that it’s not spring!
Moogle, I wanted to complement you on yours too! I love it! even if you cannot take the credit for making it, you have good Avatar taste!!

Hello fellows,
I noticed something and found it sort of funny. This is the post for Hi I’m new here. And Jack and charlotte dreamer and moogle and some of the other people who have been around a long long time post more then the newbies. I guess it just shows the dedication of some people :content: . Hey new people, you rock! Nice of you to join so you can all hang out with us people here and we can all learn more and more about lucid dreaming every day.

-Eric-

Hi Austin welcome aboard hope u will like it here! :happy:

Eric thx lol, its true, it makes the difference between a cold forum and a bit alive forum were ppl share :happy:

Jeff