ADHD?????

hey all.i have ADHD( if ur dumb and you dont know what that means its Attention Defecit Hyperactivity Disorder) and have found that having this disorder has become sort of a mental block to LD’ing, as with many other things in life.i find it hard to concentrate while falling asleep when im trying to do MILD, or really just any other LD induction techniques, because my mind moves at like 1000mph. its almost impossible to concentrate. if there are any other LDers on this forum that have ADD/ADHD and have any advice or insite for me PLZ REPLY!!! i didnt really think that it would be much of a problem, but turns out i am really really totally incredibly stupid in dreams. i mean im absofreakinlutly retarded in the dreamworld. i just cant seem to recognize any of my dream signs. its really frustrating. you see im kind of a failure at everything i do in life, cuz i cant really do anything rite. and no matter how hard i try no matter what i do, nothings ever good enough for anybody. but im determined not to give up on lucid dreaming. im just really frustrated right now and need some advice. arrgh

Hi. I have adhd. Life for me was terrible before i got put on medicine. I’m on stratera now and its working. If your not on medication, seriously try to get some it makes a big difference. I have never been successful with Milding or Wilding or anything of the sort. What works best for me is during the day just often think about lucid dreaming and test your reality. Then when I’m in a dream I often get this dreamy feeling and start to wonder if I’m dreaming and then im lucid. Good luck man.

:smile: I feel pain here. I understand frustration and I understand a little of adhd. I have helped a few of my friends with this problem. Maybe only a little with one, but a little is a start, eh?

I remind them of the American Native belief that says as the world moves faster and faster in these late days, we are supposed to move more and more slowly. I then suggest an activity like yoga, or just paying attention to only breathing in and out, so you can begin to slow yourself down. Start in small steps. Different things work for different people. A couple of my friends are also now using melatonin tea to fall alseep more easily.

The most important thing is to be patient with yourself. If you were teaching a child something, would you do it in an angry and impatient way? No. You would do it with love and patience and you should be just that gentle with yourself. Stop beating yourself up and figure out what your special problems are teaching you, or preparing you for. What is(are) your gift(s)? What brings you joy? What will you teach me?

BTW, adhd people. did you ever wonder if maybe you are just running on a slightly higher frequency than the rest of us? :cool_laugh:

Love and light to you. You are not alone.

ok, so I have ADHD. I only get it however, when I have certian foods my body cant take. I cant have:

Any form of food dye (On ingredients, its labled like, Red #1.)
Any form of milk or the like (Inlcuding Whey and dry milk or whatever)
Carmel Color
Any preservative (Monosodium Gluetimate (MSG) or BTH are common ones)
Guar Gum

So all in all, I cant have much of what you guys have, I have to shop in an organic store, because I can have organic milk, and they dont put that other stuff in. Take that stuff out of your diet for a week, and I bet you wont be hyper, at all. and if your wondering, yes, I have been diagnosed by a doctor that I have ADHD.

Yes, Freecube! You are so right! I know someone who had this problem with wheat products and with another it was refined sugar.

In the US it it almost impossible to find a product that doesn’t contain corn or corn by-products. Now they are messing with escaped genetic research corn products. Great. Our processed food should make all of us very nervous and a bit more careful of what we buy.

I have been very interested in this subject for years. My society diagnoses and medicates our children for ADHD automatically, like that’s the only answer. I think medication is easier than lifestyle change in today’s busy world. When there is no calming influence in learned behavior, kids end up with a label, when really what they have are fears and they are usually bored to tears in school. :eek: I see the bright ones use the label as an excuse not to try very hard and they end up trading meds for entertainment. I also know that the meds have been a blessing for those who truly need it. I don’t know much about the med Nuclei mentioned, but I have heard of it.

The people I have been trying to help are adults that don’t want to take meds for it. They are trying different things. They know about diet and a couple are taking evening primrose oil and flax seed oil. I’ll let you know what they have to say about it. Has anyone else used herbs effectively for this?

Love

hey Nuclei i also take Statera. but before i was put on that ive taken just about every other med for adhd out there. btw ur avatar is hilarious!wtf is that thing man?! lolz
and Greeneyes thanks for your first reply, that helps, makes me feel more comforted like im not alone. thanks.

Yeah, that avatar is really cool. Makes me want to go outside and run… but I think I’ll just eat these twizzlers instead. :spinning:

I dont know if i have it but saying “my mind moves at like 1000mph” is something i can relate to.
I see the difference between me and some of my friends who can get so lost in things that they do.Never happens to me ,i allways think about many different things.Anyways…from what ive read and experienced -
put the hold on weed:)It does not help at all.I know how much easier is to say that than do but you know imbit right.
Secondly- try to stay away from tv,computer and any source of attacking you pictures,sounds and voices.Ive done it once(cant now cuz of my work) and i could feel the diff after a week.
good luck:)

ok Jack ill admit that your right about quitting smoking weed, but laying off tv and computer?!?!?!!? thats just crazy, but if itll help with LD’ing in anyway ill give it a shot. im gonna have to quit pot anyway cuz im starting a job next month and they have to drug test me before they hire me. livin with Jane was nice but im sure i can do without her :tongue: :neutral: :sad: but yea thanks for the reply Jack.