Non mutating dream text?

Hi:
Last night i had a dream in which the text reading reality check didn’t work!! I looked 3 times at one word on the cover of a book and the word didn’t change. How is that possible? It has to be a whole phrase or just a simple word? Has anyone else had the same experience?

See ya

This is definitely possible, as i have had many such cases myself… I think mainly why this reality check work at all for some, is cause they read/was told that the text is unstable in dreams, same thing goes for the lightswitch reality check… I think text are more likely to change, when you whole sentences and it also helps a great deal to will it to change…

The only realitycheck i found somewhat reliable, is the hold nose breath one… I think that one works reliable, as you can feel your physical body breathing during the dreams- You wont be able to block your physical nose, by simply blocking your dreamnose :wink:
Info about holding your nose rc here: https://community.ld4all.com/t/hold-your-nose-rc-test/6113

Hi Salamander :smile:

ppl do this test because in most cases the text, even a word, does change!
But its true thats not always the case!
Apply a simple rule, remember how things works for you in your dreams and invent something, like a dc for example that works for you well.
So dont go blind over books.
Tomas gave u some good advice.

I myself never use rc’s i train myself at waking time to c all as a dream.
Like if iam already in a dream…then when iam dreaming i often say to myself…like in waking time…oh i dream! And become lucid that way.

Jeff

Reality checks can be unreliable sometimes :bored: I used to use the hand RC, where you check to make sure your hands look normal… For a few dreams it worked, and then my hands looked completely normal when I did RCs in dreams.

So you can never be 100% sure that an RC will work. See what works best for you, but beware of that as well… you can never be sure if they’ll stop working for you out of the blue :peek:

Yes thats true! :smile:

Jeff

If i do a read RC i do it 3 times. I also try to change the text/numbers at the same time.

Example: Read clock 5:36, turn away, imagine clock reading 0:00 or similar, look at clock to see if same, turn away …

“Example: Read clock 5:36, turn away, imagine clock reading 0:00 or similar, look at clock to see if same, turn away …”

Yep an excellent technique. Time and writing sometimes is so steady 'n clear, but just willing it to change gives it enough push in those times. Doing so saved me a few lucids

That’s especially why I don’t like RC’s. It’s nice to have RC’s as your backup if you aren’t so sure if you are dreaming or not, but I’d rather to be able to tell if it is a dream or not by my feeling. The feeling I have in a dream is enough to give it away.

If you must use a RC, you have to EXPECT it to change or otherwise it will surprise you and fool you into thinking that you’re wide awake, walking around on the real existing ground. Then, the next thing you know is that you wake up, finding yourself back in the real reality. That would be very annoying. So, my suggestion is to EXPECT it to change. When you look at the text and look away, EXPECT it to change before you look back at the text. If it doesn’t work, try hold your nose and breath through them. Try everything to double-check if you’re dreaming or not.

I rather to use my feeling though. Maybe you could train yourself to feel how different it is irl and in your dream. Most of the time, it just gives away when you become aware of your feeling. It’s very reliable. :smile: Try it. :grin:

I totally agree with DM7

Good point DM7. I mostly do RCs while I’m awake but in a LD i usually know that I’m dreaming without doing a RC. FAs seem to be where I mostly do them.