Im getting good, but vision is going weird.

Ok lately i have been able to have an ld when i get 8+ hours sleep with a quick wbtb everytime, but the problem the ld’s i am having are non-vivid AND blury, my vision is like what i have in the mourning when i wake up all blury but parts of my vision also have bits whited out etc, it’s like a half whiteish world and it’s impossible to see. usually not long after i cant see well the dream ‘fades’ and i have no memory of what happens after and i know i didnt wake up. I have not had one vivid ld yet, except one which i woke up straight away and didnt experience anything. So what is this whiteish blury vision? what does it mean? and how can i increase vividness! please…

Set how is the vision in your dream before it turns into a ld?

Jeff

well that’s the thing, i cant recall if it was blurry or not, i jsut go lucid and from then on i rememmber and then it fades, but i think it wasnt blurry but then again i dont have memory before lucidity.

Ouch! Thats weird, thats like saying you cant remember your Normal dreams? :sad:

Jeff

well actually no, i just never seem to recall much before i go lucid, only 1 out of a few of my ld’s. maybe i go lucid at a start of a dream? but usually i just dont recall before my going lucid. i can still recall other nd’s.

Mm also possible they are non rem sleep lucid dreams…doesnt sound like lucid dreams coming from rem sleep.

Jeff

do you wear contacts or glasses ??? sometimes i’ll have dreams where i don’t have my contacts in or something and everything’s blurry (i’m pretty blind in WL) i recall having a few LDs where it got blurry when i realized i was dreaming and i had to remind myself “this is a dream, i don’t need contacts to see clearly”

but to just throw out another idea… maybe you should try concentrating on another sense besides the visual one like hearing the sounds around you to stabilize your dream

yep sounds good ill try concentrate on other aspects of my dream, increase clarity observe details etc. Yes i was thinking, it could very well be non-rem sleep i have had these few ld’s in, but i also rememmber somewhere when the dream goes all fadey it means your going to wake up, except with me i dont the memory jsut starts fading shortly after…thanks guys

In my experience…

There is a phase of learning to LD called “Tricks and Games”, you are able to use techniques to induce LD’s but you do not have the in LD tools to experience the LD, like the rookie who starts and LD gets so excited that they wake right away.

During this time my mind played all sorts of tricks on me including blurry and low light vision. Among many other tricks. The key to getting past this was learning the skills to take action once in the LD. Not only are they on tap in your LD, they also let your mind know that the “Tricks and Games” won’t work anymore. Or I’ll just issue a CMD to increase vividness and bring up the brightness.