Take this Visual Cognition Test

A test for you all…

How observant are you?

It seems easy.
All you have to do is count the number of passes the white team make.

But you have to concentrate, because the black team are trying to confuse you, and their passes don’t count.

It may seem hard to believe but apparently alot of people fail this test.
I did. So watch the video once carefully, no pausing or rewinding, and count the white team’s passes.

warning dialup or slower internet users, very big file.
Uses Quicktime video

https://viscog.beckman.uiuc.edu/grafs/demos/15.html

Now post what you got and we’ll see how observant you are!

I won’t tell you the answer yet, but if you do a bit of looking around on that site or on google you can probably find it… so just post what you counted and later it will be revealed who is right.

Lol I saw this one recently on TV. It’s quite amazing really :smile:

I’ve seen it on TV too, it was hilarious. They have another one where a person is asking someone for directions, and then they get seperated for a second my some men carrying a large peice of wood. When the men pass, the person asking for directions is now a totally diffrent person, and the person giving directions rarely notices.

i counted 12 passes, am i correct???

Lol ampout

EDIT: After relooking for fun, I counted 13, not coutning the pass that is recieved in the very begining.

Damn didn’t realise it had been on TV. Where was that?

Oh and I think we shoudl wait for a few more guesses, before we say who was closest. :wink:

It was a show about the human senses… it came originally from the BBC I think.

13 to 15.

(not counting the first pass as we don’t know who it came from)

#14 is the one were he passed it and it bounced of the black top girls head.

and the possible 15 is the one near the end were the girl and one of the guys are together on the left and the other guy passes it over from the right. I couldn’t tell if the girl caught it and passed it to the guy or if the guy actually got it - his body was in the way so impossible to tell.

But i will assume he got it first and say 14.

forgot to add, a couple of times it looks like the whites actually hand the ball off to the guys in black and “swap” balls But that may have just been my imagination.

14 is what I counted first run. now let me watch it again. :wink:

seems easy with only 1 ball, just keep your eye on the ball.

ah, it is 15, I think :lol:

it get’s tricky when they are on the left side.

oh yeah, this is a pretty large file. wow.

It’s 14 here. :smile: At least I think so. :biggrin:

Yeah, I saw it… but I don’t want to ruin it for anyone.

14 i think, but that one time when the dude is blocking the site you simply can’t tell for sure

Any advance on 14?

Right well I might as well reveal the truth…

It doesn’t matter how many passes you counted. You passed the test if you noticed a person in a gorilla suit wander on, look at the camera and beat its chest!

Like I said, I failed, but only sortof. When the answer was mentioned, I didn’t have to watch the video again for proof…

I remembered it. It was really weird, like when something someone says triggers a vague memory of a bizarre dream.

My experience leads me to believe that scientists are drawing the wrong conclusions about experiments like this.

14 and I saw the guy in the monkey suit.
What do I win? :wink:

---------------------SPOILER----------------

I thought that monkey-guy appeared there as a part of the test, to distract us from counting :eh:

-------/Spoiler-------------

AGh, annoying… I had to download it because my browser didn’t support quicktime, and the name of the file is gorilla.mov, so it kinda ruined the test :smile: haha

I counted 14 also.