Clear Channel pulls Howard Stern show off radio:(

Yes it’s true :sad: , this website is international, so alot you might not be familar with Howard Stern and lots others from my country probally dont even like him. But he’s off the air :sad: , i listen to him every morning before i go to work. I went for the radio station, 105.9 today and they said that he will not be on the air anymore. I got really pissed off :scream: , because his show is really good, i like it alot, and after his whole career, he’s being shut off now :grrr: .

Here’s an article if your intrested, it explains what clear channel radio did.

https://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2004-02-25-stern-off_x.htm
If anyone has any good links on the story, more on what happened or whats gonna happen, that would be cool. I’ll be around :peek:

That sucks I hear him every now and then… Isn’t it all just sex stuff?

They said they’d let him back on if his show would be “cleaner” it wasn’t really that “dirty” in the first place, i mean they always told people not toc uss on the air, and shit like that, and they were sneaky about what they said if it was something sexual.

If he does come back with a cleaner show it might suck, or maybe he’ll just go out on top…who knows? There’s still cable

Mostly, but is sex bad? Maybe people are embarrassed or feel threatened when more people open up towards the idea or something, but i dont think thats the case or the reason why he’s off.

Did they? if so is there an article on this? Your right it wasnt that dirty, but you have to remember he did do some bad things in the past(i’m sure you know some cases). I just dont understand why they didnt throw him off the air then???

My friend said that Clear Channel is trying to make an example of there power. I think American radio and tv is becoming all alike now, and standards of word use and entertainment is becoming all potty humor. I guess cutting off Howard was a display of there power. All these stupid stunts are causing this after you think about it, like how Janet showed her breast on live TV (supposedly a set up) and the other scene with Madonna and Britney Spears making out. I think maybe Howard influenced others to cause such controversy, actually i dont anymore, im lost within my own thoughts. I just want Howard Back! :sad:

If he did come back with a cleaner show (if that’s the case) I think he would be right back on top. I know there are tons of other ways to describe what your thinking, and Howard can figure that out. I think the show would remain the same, and this controversy would fight till the end. I guess its becoming edible

Any thoughts?

It has nothing to do with making an example of him.

The reason Clear Channel did it was because they were recently fined $750,000 by the FCC for stuff on their stations that violated broadcasting rules. After that they basically said “Crap! we don’t want to have to pay out money like that again!” And so they enacted a zero-tolerance rule. The first time that a show would violate FCC rules, they were gone.

They fired a couple of their DJ’s for the same reason.

Well your right about the Zero Tolerance, i listen to these new radio shows in the morning and every time they make a statement that might give offense they say sorry or make a big deal about it. Well, the reason why im listening to these other stations because, there is no Howard still :sad: I have a 45 minute drive to work in the morning, and i lost his show, when i really needed it :neutral: , He needs to come back :cry: Anyone hear anything :confused: :help: :cry: :sad:

It’s all Janet Jackson’s fault. That whole family seems to be sociopaths.

That’s all i’m hearing. Ever since the Superbowl, people think twice on what’s being Broadcasted on the air. That pisses me off :grrr: :angry:
It seemed America was getting passed all that bullshit, but now it seems that it started all over again :cry: . I really don’t get this country, i guess im just gonna keep my finger pointed at The Jackson family :grin: