Cartoons(New Thread)

I liked Kiki’s Delivery Service but only because the cat looked like my cat and I sat in front of the tv going “awwwww” for like an hour. I don’t remember the actual movie though. :uh: :shrug:
I like some animes though.
Hubbs I don’t know if those shows are still on that I mentioned but those are theones that I like anyway. I hope they are on somewhere though. That would be cool. I liked Beatlejuice because it was so macabre and kind of dark compared to most stuff I saw back then. I don’t think i ever got into the movie but I was obsessed with the cartoon. I had to be home at 4pm everyday to watch it. I’ll probably end up subconsciously marrying some guy who reminds me of Beatlejuice from the cartoon. :bored:

So mainly its made by computers,or are the deatail shots drawn?Pretty intresting :wink:

Good choice of cartoons Pasquale, i never seen Sponge Bob before, but i love Tom and Jerry :content: .

hubbs, if you ever have a change to see a spongebob episode… it will crack you up! It is so hilarious!

I also thought of another one, since they started showing it here again and i dropped into an episode and went “YAY!”

that’s futurama :smile:

i also kind of agree with the simpsons, but they only show reruns of reruns here so i have enough of it… but if they ever have new episodes :smile:

also southpark - strange, it used to leave me helpless on the floor of laughing, but somehow my humor has changed? I watched southpark the movie and i found it boring :neutral:

pasQuale, the spongebob episode my daughter saw a few nights ago, he had a dream and went into his friends’ dreams. If you haven’t seen this one yet, you are in for a treat!

If we are including animations in this, I find the Wallace and Gromit ones really funny, Creature Comforts and the original Morph!

I rememeber them, that cartoon influenced that chicken movie.I never saw it though. Did anyone ever watch The Tick? That was a great cartoon. :content:

The Chicken Run ! :happy:
Talking of movies/video cartoons I loved “The Nightmare Before Christmas” . I enjoyed the music and the dark storyline. The presents that Jack gave out for christmas presents were gross…uck! :cool_laugh:

The Classic “The Flintstones” is good too; I like the way they have pre-historic versions of modern day inventions. Fred’s car moves by their feet running along the road! :wiske:

I saw a repeat of a Simpsons episode this week.
“Make Room For Lisa”
In this episode Homer and Lisa go into floatation tanks. She tries to meditate and clear her thoughts. Then she visualises a bacon bun. :grin:
Afterwards she dreams that she is Homer.
It was funny the first time I saw it…but I found it funnier now that I am visiting this forum. :wiske:

Yeah the dream one is my fav Spongebob episode. Bob is funny but advertised too much here. Futurama, Simpsons, Family Guy. Family Guy is one of the few shows that make me laugh out loud (literally) along with a few others. My favorite part was when Peter was remembering an old Bio teacher. He was disecting a clown :cool_laugh: and suddenly he stopped and looked worried “Oh my god… His lungs are filled with… CANDY!!!” he rips open his lungs and throws the candy in the air and all the children jump up and “Yay!!”. It was just so fast and unexpected.

OH! Jackie Chan Adventures kick so much ass!!! Hilarious and an interesting plot!

Clerks! Only aired three episodes, and only six were made, but that was the best cartoon ever!

Was that the one that had Jay and Silent Bob in it? I only saw one, but I remember thinking it was great.

Yep, it was a Kevin Smith creation. Unfortunately, ABC hated it and cancelled it after three episodes aired. I guess that’s just life. Hey, maybe I can lucid dream a few episodes and send ABC the script!

I liked that cartoon alot, i laughed my a$$ off, it had alot of funny jokes. I saw it on dvd actually, they had about 4 episodes. I wonder why it didnt hold on :shrug: I guess your right Epik, that’s life :grrr:

Simpsons is number one
ninja turtles, classic
exo squad, classic
captian n, remember this one, it was about nintendo
gummy bears
transformers
mighty max, i watched it every day before school
legend of zelda, short lived
mario brothers, gotta love mario

thats all i can think of right now

Ooh! Other great kid-cartoons.

Fairly Odd Parents!!
This show usually has great story lines, and it has hilarious parts. You can tell that Cosmo is more for the little kids, but they’ll often make little comments that will crack you up. For example, they’ll often do something very clique, and then change the end so you weren’t expecting it at all, or they’ll talk about how its clique… Gotta see it.

Hercules (sp?)
This used to be on ABC in the morning, I’ve seen every episode (Only like 1 or 2 seasons). Now you can only see ijt on ToonDisney. Its great, the setting is amazing, ancient Athens. I always thought the whole Zues gods were cool and this is exactly that. If you’ve seen the movie, the show takes place in the short time that he’s a teenager, tall and skinny. They have great stories, not as funny as Odd Parents, but still pretty funny. If you have Toon Disney, watch it.

Jackie Chan Adventures - me like martial arts :happy:.
Outlaw Star - only 21 episades ever made, but there all as cool as hell.
Futurama - i think this is funnier then Simpsons
South Park - most execellent!

Burn at the stake: Pokemon, digimon, beyblade, yu-gi-oh.

here are some of my favourit cartoons (the ones i like best are at the top)

digimon
simpsons
spongebob squarepants (if only they had new episodes!)
fairly odd parents
dexters lab
beyblade
jackie chan
robot jones

REBOOT!

Family Guy - I’m very tempted to give this series the “most (bleep)ing hilarious thing ever” award. The execution was always awesome too, they just wing em off so fast you don’t see what’s coming, which makes it even more hilarious. The commercial gags were always the best!

Simpsons - No need to explain.

Ninja Turtles (the original, not that fraud of a remake running now) -

clears throat

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Heros in a Half-Shell, Turtle Power!

Best. Themesong. Ever!

This has to be the most hyped up show ever THAT ACTUALLY DESERVED IT! Lunchboxes, T-Shirts, action figures (I think I have a box full somewhere still!), and best of all… the video games! Of course, the best video games where the two arcade games, which allowed for 4 player simulataneous.

He Man - I don’t remember much about it, but it was a pretty cool show. That floating black wizard dude was the coolest.

Princess Mononoke - I’ve watched this a LOT. A very cool show, with an amazing story. One of few dubbed anime I’d actually recommend. My favorite part is when Ashitaka leaves Iron Town. I won’t disclose what happens here in case there are people who haven’t seen it, just that it’s a very emotional, powerful scene. If you haven’t seen this movie before, go see it! You won’t regret it. Being anime, it isn’t geared toward children at all. Rather it’s for a mature audience, so you’d enjoy it even if you didn’t like cartoons.

Yu-Gi-Oh (Japanese uncut version with Eng Subtitles, not the crap that runs on Kids WB) - This show is so different from the dubbed version on Kids WB, it’s not funny. With the dub, you get repetitive lines, corny voice acting, and tons of edits and censoring. Not to mention basically a slaughter of the story line (Card Captors ring a bell with anyone?). The original is soooo much better, in every way imaginable… it’s quite sad to see what you miss out on when comparing the two.

The only bad thing about Family Guy is its a obvious copy of The SImps.

Fat, stupid, husband?
Mildly attactive, caring yet enforcing and sometimes crazy wife?
Troublesome brother?
Down to earth sister?
A baby?!

Come on!!!

Wow, there has been so many shows mentioned here that I liked, but had completely forgotten about…

I thought I’d seen a Legend of Zelda cartoon once, but this was before I even knew what it was, so I didn’t think much of it. And I’ve never really been sure if I had seen it, or if I’d, y’know, imagined it.

Mighty Max - that was cool at the time, but if I watched it now I’d probably see how rubbish it actually is.

The best cartoon ever has to be Invader Zim. I’m afraid it hasn’t been shown very much (I used to get up religiously at 6am to watch it EVERY MORNING because our video recorder couldn’t record it), but oh man, does it rule. It was written by Jhonen Vasquez, and he’s just cool.