Is this possible ?

In my opinion: ghosts exist. There is too much evidence, and too many religions for them, for it to be complete nonsense.

Religion is just a fancy word for ‘let’s all start wars and kill lot’s of people and pretend we are doing it for god’ or at least I think so. I believe when people die they enter a dream, just like you have every night, a little different I would assume but similar. This is what is considered heaven, because they can make it as perfect as they want to suit themselves, a completely Lucid Dream that you don’t wake up from ever. So it is perfectly possible to communicate through shared dreaming of a sort.

Quite a constructive view you have there, all-encompassing you say? Interesting.

Actually , I think religion always existed as a way to control people .
Think with me . There would be a lot more of crime if there wasnt any religion, so i guess religion must continue existing. Like it or not

Yes definitely

I think it’s possible. But if you believe in this, then how can you tell the difference between a genuine dream spirit and a DC who looks and acts like your mental picture of a dream spirit? :eh:

Ask and a lucid dream, and see what happens? Ah, the most simple answers are the best :content:. Unless they aren’t, in which case they are not the best :eh:.

As for religion, I guess it’s just something for people to belive in. People believe in ghosts, aliens etc. However, these ideas are not collected together for many people to look at and share.

If the belief in aliens was more structured, and there was a very important piece of text written about them (that was believed by hundreds) it would be coniserded a religion.

mediums and pychics - particularly through use of automatic handwriting, ouija board (no it’s not dangerous it just has a bad rep cos of movies) and the like the spirits contact you through your own subconscious mind so it would be reasonable to say that they can do that in dreams when you subconscious mind is wide awake.

This post isn’t supposed to be about religion, but september 11th here in the US, caused by religion. The wars over in India and Pakistan, seperated by religion. Wars have gone on between different religions since the begginning of all religion, and will continue to go on until the end of religion. Oh boy the crime goes down a little, but wait it doesn’t matter cause over 5000 people die in one day cause some crazy idiot flys an airplane into a skyscraper cause he thinks his god will bless him or something. Usually it’s just false hope for the majority of people, but when it gets out of hand the consequences are terrible.

If i wanted to contact a dead relative in a dream, the first thing i would do ( to see if that was the real dead relative ), was ask it to tell any memorabel day, a day that was special to him. Then, when i wake up… i would ask my relatives if such day happned to the dead relative.

But, the important ingridiant to believe you can contact the dead, is faith…
and believe me, i have lots of that…
do you?

actually, the number of people who died in the 9/11 attack was 3030, not 5000 (https://vikingphoenix.com/news/stn/2003/911casualties.htm)

religion doesn’t suit my tastes personally, but i’m curious to know why you’re so adamantly against it. 395 mentioned religion in passing and BOOM !!! in your next post you were up on a soap box going on about how terrible religion is. i realize threads don’t stay on topic for very long, but geez !!!

i’m all for ranting and raving, but informed ranting and raving. people don’t fly planes into buildings because their god would bless them. that’s utterly ridiculous. people fly planes into buildings because they’ve been getting anally raped for who knows how long outside of the public’s view and decide to do something IN the public’s view to get attention, and then the media would like to have you believe that these “fanatics” did so because their god would bless them… yeah right :roll:

religion is a tool. it is an excuse. religion doesn’t cause wars. people cause wars and then point to religion as the justification to sanctify their motives.

dash iros, i’m sorry for flaming inside your thread.

lucid sky dreams, i’m sorry for flaming.

There is evidence to prove that the Islamics who bombarded the World Trade center did so believing that they were doing God’s will. They believe that ANYONE (according to Mohammed in the Koran), who does not voluntarily convert to Islam is an infidel and should be put to the sword. This includes Jews, Christians, Hindus, Bhuddists, Atheists, Agnostics etc. Similarly, the Japanese kamakasi pilots believed they would be rewarded also by God. There is no question in my mind, that religion is responsible for countless brutal deaths. But the most violent of all religions is the Islamic who wish to FORCE their religion on everyone else whether they want it or not. Very unfortunate. :bored:

Whoa, oneiromancer that made a lot of sense about the people start wars and blame it on religion. And how it’s an excuse and such. :eh:

lucid sky dreams, thank you for having an open mind and listening to my counterpoint… and now for agent…

agent, i started a new thread and responded to you there https://community.ld4all.com/t/the-great-religious-debate/9835

i felt terrible getting so off topic in dash iros’ thread (sorry again dash iros)

anyway, to get us back on subject, i think communicating with spirits in your dreams is definitely possible. sometimes if i’m quiet enough i can hear voices in my head carrying on conversations, they don’t seem to acknowledge that i’m listening, and most of the time i can only pick up fragments of the conversation before i lose it

Religion is a two sided coin.
It gives people strength and affects their morality.
Strength to do what? Morality in what way?
All are different for different people.
It’s like knives. You can eat with them, or stab people with them (although, admittedly, the knives aren’t tell you to, unlike some religion).
If EVERY religion ONLY made people kill other people in its name (which I prefer to refer to as a group of fascist idiots than a real religion, but whatever) it would be a lot worse around here than it is now.
I’m sure there are plenty of people that have been saved by their belief as well.

You think it would work with animals too? like if your dog just died like 4 months ago and you’ve had it since you were 6 months old? I think it is. I’m going to try and find my dog and play with her tonight. I miss her. :sad:

I also realized, the difference between what most people think of religion as, going to church or mass or whatever and being all happy and such, and killing people and wars fighting for god or whoever. Religion…and Cult. I think the Taliban or whatever, that thinks they are doing stuff for their god by killing people, that’s a cult. And normal people that aren’t derranged, that just want to go to church and be happy and not bother anyone about it, that’s religion. In that sense, religion doesn’t bother me at all. More of my friends are religious then not, so I don’t bash religion in front of them or they would feel bad. :eek:

All religions must have started as cults tho if you think about it. the taliban are muslims that is a religion not a cult, tho see wot u mean as they are fundamenatalist nutters where as most muslims are probably good human beings.

I agree religon is more just an exuse for war, if there was no religion in the world there will still be just as many wars (maybe even more, who knows?)

Most of the religions are probably ilusions . Anyone can come up with new rules , gods and rituals and call that a religion …

Wow this got off topic real fast. :smile: But to answer the original question:

I don’t think it really makes a difference if it is real or not. No mater how you debate it there is no proof either way. The only thing that matters is how does it benefit you? Many people have unfinished business with people we care about who pass on, even if it is just to say good by, or to know they are someplace good. If you can do that in a LD or even a ND then it could be good. Is it real? I don’t know. It might be. What I can tell you is that it will feel real to you and for now that is all that really matters.

I do recommend, though, that if you try to use other methods for communicating, such as Ouija, you read a bit about it to find out that, in the case of Ouija at least, it isn’t real.