Most helpful reality check?

A coworker caught me doing a RC at work today, when I thought nobody was watching. I had a hard time explaining what I was doing, so I gave her the URL to this site. :cool:

A LDer caught in real life! lol

I often do RCs when people can see me; it helps to maintain my image of being eccentric. :smile:

Flying. Always get lucid when I try some flying even when I don’t do it as an RC - when it just happens as an accident. Of course I seldom try this in waking life but it still remains the most powerful lucidity cue for me.

From what I’ve heard, I’d say the most effective RC is the breathing through nose RC. Still, It’s a bit inconvenient to use, having to hold your nose and all.

I also think the digital watch RC sounds quite good. Not quite as fool-proof as the nose RC, but it’s quicker and looks less supsicious. People will just think you’re checking the time.

No, it’s fine… people rarely notice anyway.

Trying to fly - its failsafe! You don’t even need to do any action, just be standing. If you can’t fly, you probably arn’t dreaming. If you can…well, then its fun time!

As for the flying, just in case just thinking about flying doesn’t work, I’ve also heard suggestions to jump off the ground … you might either fly then, or at least notice that the falling/gravity in a dream is rather different than RL. As for that, the nose thing, or anything else “looking silly” … they are all just jealous because they can’t LD! LOL.
Peace,
Sruthan

RC: trying to read something 2x, otherwise I will try anything that is impossible to do in waking life such as flying or, moving/changing something through thought alone. However, I usually already know or suspect that I am dreaming before I do the RC.

Dream signs: are not real effective for me. If I don’t become lucid with WILD I will just realize that I am in a dream. Then, I usually do a RC to confirm it.

Woah! My RCs actually worked last night :cool_laugh:.

I’ve found out that the ‘close on eye and see if your nose is still there’ one doesn’t really work for me. It’s still there - but for some reason it’s smaller :eh:. Doesn’t matter - that’s pretty much what got me lucid anyways :happy:.

When you do RC during the day expect them to fail. Otherwise in a dream things may respond exactly the way you expect them to.

The best RC in my oppinion is just to ask yourself ‘How did I get here?’.

If you don’t know, you’re probably dreaming
And I have a tip that realy works for me when you are losing the dream, never shared this with anybody but it does amazing work for me, spinning seems like nothing compared to this. :smile:
Take a cold shower in the dream. Dont know why but it do wonders.

I would say for me it is looking at the time and looking away then back, if it has changed i am dreaming. This ifind god cuz it can be done anywhere anytime. and it is easy for me cuz there are a lot of clocks in my dreams…or there used to be, they have all gone now lol strange

Richard :bounce:

Reading something, looking at my watch and flying. They always work nearly perfectly. The only problem is that I don’t think too much about doing an RC while in a dream :smile:

That doesn’t work for me. My mind just sticks the current dream as somewhere in the day I had just lived. I tried that, and the thought that came to my mind, ‘Is my entire life just a dream then?’.

Has anyone actually become lucid because of a RC? I know I haven’t. I either become LUCID with WILD or I just realize that I am dreaming for no reason and then do a RC (Which is usually unnecessary because I already know I am dreaming).

I’m on a mission from my friend to come over to that hall and get his two turntables and a microphone.

I’m going to the Torre Degli Angeli to find Lyra and Will…

I’m going to go through the cupboard and get to Narnia…

I have become lucid with an RC!

I’ve become lucid from an RC too. It’s always surprises me to find out that I’m dreaming that way - infact, I end up taking loads of different RCs just to make sure before I do anything rash.

I find the looking at clock then looking away is usually the one that confirms to me that I’m dreaming. But even that i do it two or three times to make sure.

If you can, try just one or two RC ‘s. That should be more than enough to convince you that you are dreaming. Use ones that are impossible to do in the waking world. RC ‘s can be unpredictable in dreams and you may RC yourself out of a LD.

Just a suggestion :smile:

Happy Dreaming

I"ve gotten lucid doing a RC