Meditation

gnofn.org/~aza/zazen.html

That’s a good instruction for zen meditation.

What does it feel like? Zen meditation is just being fully aware of everything and calming your thinking mind so you can see the world as it is, without your thoughts, ego and concepts. You don’t get to a “trance” state in this meditation, you just feel 100% focused and aware. To me it feels even better than a trance.

Practising zazen daily will eventually lead to some level of satori (“awakening”). Satori is experiencing and realizing your “buddha nature” as it is.

Dead: Thanks alot! I have already studied abit of Zen but that site is fantastic.

Thankyou also for your good description…I am going to try some meditation this coming week I hope for the best

Jarod: Thats pretty amazing. What do you believe you’ve achieved with meditation? How often do you do it?

-stranger

So far it has only been accidental, and I would say that it happend about 1-2 times/year. I can’t seem to get it if I try, it only happens when I don’t try. I haven’t really achieved anything with it, it’s just fun when it happens.

JaRoD

Believe it or not that is exactly how it is supposed to work. It is called “effortless effort” you can’t force things to happen you just have to let go. It is the same thing with WILD.

i try to meditate down into paralysis…

i could do it if i could stay focused

what i do is i lay down and i induce falling asleep sensations… i don’t want to make this description really long… but basically i do breath awareness, and i take the first odd thought to enter my head and repeat it

it will most likely be nonsensical and unconscious in nature… like “wob ru” or something… it follows the breath and attempts to narrate it with a sound/though … as the mind doesn’t like to stay quiet… i’ve found any repetetive action i do generates a sot of automatic semiconscious mantra that doesn’t make much sense to serve as a mental voice in my head to keep it busy

so anyway i take that… i voluntarily repeat it over and over… and i monitor my mind… i take the next thought that grabs my attention and now i switch to repeating it

it brings about a sort of cascading waterfall effect in the mind… and you go fairly deeply into near sleep… eventually you JOLT “awake” back to normal thinking… ala a myoclonic jerk…

now if you do th is enough sometimes when you jolt out, you feel a fading rush of paralysis…

what I theorize this is is delayed sensory input… you are very much dissociated while this goes on… so you actually were paralyzed, but the sensory input wasn’t reaching you becuase you were honed in on the wandering thought process…

so when you suddenly jolt back into present thought the paralysis information FINALLY reaches YOU and you feel it very briefly as a rushing sensation, yet you know it is already gone.

That’s as far as I can get… I wish I could stay in the wandering state for a long long long time… or that I could just spark into focus and awareness while remaining in this sort of “trance” so that I could do an OBE or a LD.

But I can’t… becuase it’s just like going to sleep… just forced to happen fairly quickly.

(takes me about 15 minutes to get there usually)

I tried it in a chair and much the same happened… I’ve yet to try it sitting on the floor with my back super straight… doing that would be really uncomfortable for me though… especially since i am prone to chronic back pain.

But that’s what I do… it isn’t successful yet, and no matter how hard I fight while in the borderline about to drift out of it state, I can’t keep myself consciously aware when I go back in.

A simple but very effective type of meditation is to repeat a meaningless word or sound mentally with eyes closed repititiously. Some call it a Mantra. Here is what to do–Eyes closed, and sitting in a relaxed position, repeat a meaningless sound such as “Horang”, over and over.

So it would sound like this–Horang, horang, horang, horang, and so forth. There will be times when the word )mantra), will speed up and times when it may slow down to a drag. This is normal.

Do this twice a day for twenty minutes. Preferrably once in the morning and once in late afternoon . When one does this the mind transcends automatically. Don’t expect results immediately. It takes at least three days minimum. Your spiritual awareness will open up before a week is up.

Some call this "Transcendental Meditation " which was practiced by the Mahareshi Mahesh Yogi of the late 1960’s and 70’s. When you do this , do not become disillusioned when other thoughts stray into your mind. Simply go back to your meditating. No special breathing or diet is required.

It is important to remember that you must do it faithfully every day. You cannot skip a day at all. If you do so, the practice will catapult the mind back to square one where you must start all over and you will lose your spiritual awakening and the progress you have achieved.

I have practiced many types of meditation but I have never done that type of meditation before. Do you have to say the word out loud or can you do it in your head.

Transcendental meditation must be done mentally. Not verbally. Also, no physical excercises are required. You would not believe how many hundreds of dollars we had to pay to learn this simple technique.

However, this technique is increased after six months. The TM practicioners have visions while they are awake and, claim to have the ability to levitate at will. I personally was never ever able to levitate like they could but I did have visions while awake.

I really feel the need to caution any Christians here. These spiritual channels which open up inside you are subject to any evil spirits who wish to enter at will. The TM people don’t care about that.

However, if you are religious and do care , I suggest you use the name that the ancient Hebrews used. A name so Holy that the Hebrews do not and are not allowed to ever speak the name verbally. It may only be written down. The name of the most holy high God is “Yahweh”. This name may be used if you are religious because demons and evil spirits are frightened of it and will not enter you.

One last word please. I stated that the TM people claim to levitate. I should have said they can and do levitate. I have seen them do it. I personally never was able to do that because it requires certain practices that I never bothered with because I can see no useful purpose in levitating.

There are also other super normal powers that they achieve but I see no sense in going into them.

What I noticed about meditation is that there are 2 parts to it. This all works for me. I do it while sitting and I want to try it for an allnighter and see what happens

1. The mind
    If a person wants to meditate well they must first start with quieting the mind (Very little or no thoughts!). A person can do it by listening to ones breath or mantras or whatever one wishes to use.

2. The body
    Once the mind is quite the body will start to bug the person. To stop this it is best to enter a trance. This is where ones body falls asleep while the mind stays awake. So the limbs fall asleep, the eyes wont open unless forced, basically this gives the feeling of not wanting to get up. Its done by imagening something that will give a person a feeling of falling. A person can keep this feeling for as long as one wishes but not do one minute of it and stop or else a trance won’t be achive. The mind its self will quite down in this state.
    The purpose of 1) is to keep a clear mind so that step 2) can be achived faster. Meditate aslong as one wants when finished 2)
    Very affective!

I have found that the quickest way to enter a trance is through self hypnosis. It may take a little while to properly condition your mind but when you are done you can enter a trance just by counting to 10. Some say the have learned to enter a trance just by saying one trigger word.

Blue Tiger–I don’t understand how a feeling of continuous falling can create a trance? or am I misreading you ?

I don’t want to answer for bluetiger but I think that as you imagine the falling you start to let your consciousness go as you go down to where your thoughts are empty.

Last night I think I had a short accidental trance. I was in my bed and and suddenly I could feel myself floating. But I snapped out of it as soon as I realised it. I also had something where I fell asleep for about 30 seconds and suddenly I realised that I was asleep and woke up :eh: . Not really sure what it was, but it felt strange.

Jarod-Do you suppose maybe that the reasons that you sort of snap back to reality are due to subconscious feelings of fear OR happy excitement that you are achieving progress.

I too used to have similar experiences such as you described but after a while with practice, or simply thinking of LD’s on and off throughout the day, I over came those obstacles. I believe you are at the threhold of the LD door.

I don’t know if this will help you or not but every night before I doze off to sleep I enjoy imagining myself floating or falling. For reason that I don’t really understand I often find myself flying and Lucid while dreaming.

My guess is that because I practice imagining falling or floating each night, that I became so used to it that it spilled over into my dreams and I simply accepted it as normal or routine. So keep at it. You are really closer to LDing than you may realize. (my opinion.)

I’m not really sure what to think. The only thing I know it that I see some sort of HI about 90% of the nights, just before I fall asleep. Last night I saw red,blue and green dots. And some faint shapes. One thing that I have found out is, if you think you see HI you probably are. Because some nights when I think that I see HI, the next thing I know I wake up a few hours later.

I do feel like I’m really close to lucidity, but the last few days my dream recall has been quite bad. And usually the better the dream recall the better chance I have of getting lucid.

how do you go about hypnotizing yourself properly?

i gave myself key words while already in a trance and they worked wonders for one night, that was it.

Yes it can work in one night. Some people do take longer so I said it may take time for those who require several sessions for the suggestions to take effect.

Milod maybe right about the falling as letting the mind go to a state with no thoughts. But why it makes the body feel like it is sleeping I don’t know. I know that it works and it is great. Sorry I can’t answear it Agent but try it anyway.
Jarod that floating might have been a start of an OBE. Sure sounds like it based from other people’s experiances on the internet and books.

that’s not what i was saying

the suggestions stayed in my mind and worked for a few hours during that night, and never again.

the suggestions took immediate effect and faded away.

how do you fix that?