Meditation

Jarod-Do you suppose maybe that the reasons that you sort of snap back to reality are due to subconscious feelings of fear OR happy excitement that you are achieving progress.

I too used to have similar experiences such as you described but after a while with practice, or simply thinking of LD’s on and off throughout the day, I over came those obstacles. I believe you are at the threhold of the LD door.

I don’t know if this will help you or not but every night before I doze off to sleep I enjoy imagining myself floating or falling. For reason that I don’t really understand I often find myself flying and Lucid while dreaming.

My guess is that because I practice imagining falling or floating each night, that I became so used to it that it spilled over into my dreams and I simply accepted it as normal or routine. So keep at it. You are really closer to LDing than you may realize. (my opinion.)

I’m not really sure what to think. The only thing I know it that I see some sort of HI about 90% of the nights, just before I fall asleep. Last night I saw red,blue and green dots. And some faint shapes. One thing that I have found out is, if you think you see HI you probably are. Because some nights when I think that I see HI, the next thing I know I wake up a few hours later.

I do feel like I’m really close to lucidity, but the last few days my dream recall has been quite bad. And usually the better the dream recall the better chance I have of getting lucid.

how do you go about hypnotizing yourself properly?

i gave myself key words while already in a trance and they worked wonders for one night, that was it.

Yes it can work in one night. Some people do take longer so I said it may take time for those who require several sessions for the suggestions to take effect.

Milod maybe right about the falling as letting the mind go to a state with no thoughts. But why it makes the body feel like it is sleeping I don’t know. I know that it works and it is great. Sorry I can’t answear it Agent but try it anyway.
Jarod that floating might have been a start of an OBE. Sure sounds like it based from other people’s experiances on the internet and books.

that’s not what i was saying

the suggestions stayed in my mind and worked for a few hours during that night, and never again.

the suggestions took immediate effect and faded away.

how do you fix that?

Well you probably have to get used to going into trance while keeping the word in mind. Like get the falling down feeling and say a word to remind you of this feeling. And then maybe you will get this feeling while saying the word and it will be quiker over time.

Similar to Milod, I too am able to use hypnosis to enter a deep sleep state rather quickly. Hypnosis is something I have learned and developed and I use it for specific purposes like when I need a nap, it puts me under almost immediately and wakes me up exactly at the time I programmed it to. This way I never oversleep and always feel refreshed when I come out of it. I also use it to break bad habits and to assist in my LD’s.

Milod is correct when he says that it takes a little time and practice to perfect the technique but it is well worth the effort because hypnosis has so many embellishments.

Ironically , it seems to me that Milod and I have a lot in common as far as our interests go.

Keep reinforcing them and/or get into a deeper state of hypnosis when you make them.

Do you use scripts or tapes? Or do you just naturally create these cues to enter those states, while you are in them?

Like if I were in an LD and I spent the whole dream just saying “5 4 3 2 1… enter LD… 5 4 3 2 1… enter LD…” and “this is what you are to go to when you say 5 4 3 2 1 enter LD…” and I did that for a few nights in a row…

Would that be enough? Is an LD a proper “hypnotic state” ?

Would just saying “you are groggy” while you are groggy and about to enter light sleep over and over do it? Do you have to be in a particular “Hypnotic trance” ? Because I hear of all these different hypnotic levels that official hypnotists talk about…

Blue Tiger:

I’m going to give it a try… the deepest I can get without actually being asleep during the night is right before you lose consciousness and go into a light hypnagogic state though…

In fact I did that last night… i think i told myself 5 4 3 2 1 borderline woul take me there.

Agent11421

Could be. I am interested in exploring the infinite possibilities of the mind and even reality as we know it. I believe That Lucid dreaming is just the tip of the iceberg. I know there are things beyond that with out knowing. Now I bet I have you really confused.

What do mean by Ironically?

Ironically to ME means strangley or curiously. :cool_laugh: In reference to someone elses question about how I go under so quickly with hypnosis, it takes a little training.

However, I am not able to do it with simply one word as some people claim to be able to do, but rather I go under within a minute or two. Anyone can learn hypnosis because there are so many teachers and books out there today teaching it, but for self hypnosis I recommend the use of a small tape recorder.

Also don’t confuse the term one word used as a post hypnotic suggestion with one word used as a mantra repititiously. :smile:

Agent11421

Yes I too believe in using a tape when you first start. I have posted on a few threads where I suggested that people use a recorder and tape their own routines or buy a tape that teaches self hypnosis. Though I have looked at some of the tapes being sold on the market today and thy are really just glorified relaxation techniques. They are good for well, relaxation but, not good for teaching self hypnosis.

I suggest buying a good book on hypnosis and make your own tapes. From there it is easier to learn how to go into hypnosis buy yourself.

I can’t do it with one word either. Though I hear it is posable.

Happy Dreaming

I have been trying to meditate a few times every week for the last few weeks. In the beginning it’s quite hard to not thing anything, but after sitting maybe 20 minutes it gets easyer. But I have found that after a while I start getting random thoughts that feel different from my normal thoughts. It’s like it’s not me that’s doing the thinking, it’s more like I’m observing someone elses random thoughts.

What would these random thoughts be? And should I try to supress them or should I embrace them? They can be quite interesting to observe and they are usually memories of things that happened a long time ago. Things that I haven’t thought about in a long time.

JaRoD
You did not say what type of meditation you are doing but, from what you wrote I assume that you are doing the mindfulness meditation. Where you focus on your breath. In which case you should just let those thoughts go and bring yourself back to your breathing.

Yes I do focus on my breathing.
So I should just ignore those thoughts then and continue focusing on my breathing.
Ok thanks milod :content:

Have people ever found themselves in sleep paralysis during meditation or visualisation? Because you’re keeping the mind awake while relaxing the body. I was just thinking how this could happen to anyone in a meditation group

No I haven’t reached SP while meditating, but I think it’s possible if you sit long enough. I have had HI and a slight thingling in my body though.

what i did last night was when I knew I was getting tired I said “this is alpha” over and over and over again

and i’d of course waver in and out of consciousness a lot.

so what I’m hoping is that when I lie down I can say “go to alpha” as a mantra for about 1-2 minutes and i’ll be back there… and then when I get there, each time I get there during the night, I will say “this is alpha” until I forget what I’m saying to help reinforce that…

do you think it would work? I’m not sure if it’s alpha or theta or what though, because after a while one of the times when I come to, it sort of “clicks” and I feel very different, I can still lose conscoiusness pretty easy, but overall, I feel more peaceful, as if maybe I had finished phase one of sleep due to my meddling with light sleep for so long? I don’t know?

After that I think I would need to go really deep into theta, which I think would be hallucinating fully while awake, but I can’t seem to do that.

Time also moves really slowly in what I’d consider to be alpha, sometimes before I get up for school I’ll just be in a light alpha like state for a long time, and when I come back I’m like “Man it must be time to get up” and only 5 minues had gone by…

it’s both good and bad, bad when you want to actually sleep, good when you actually don’t want to get up and want to be in an altered state of mind for a “long time”

Yes, you can get into SP with meditation. It takes some practice but, you can do it. You can even get into SP with just a progressive relaxation exercise. You can also use self hypnosis.