Not really sure, possibly a low level ld?

Was in the dream ,. I was at the dinner table with my parents and somthing tipped me off that it was a dream, I have no idea what… I remember looking at my plate, and thinking ok rub your hands together, (I read that here somewhere that it would increase your lucidity) so i did and as i did I could feel my body especially my face start to tingle… I turned to my mother and i was thinking tomy self what can i do… so i said to her “GOD!.. Your so UGLY!!” she didnt really react that much, she took it as a joke and so I turned to my dad and I noticed he and the room was starting to get really fuzzy so I starting rubbing my hands together again getting that same tingly feeling in my body and face hoping that everything would start to get clearer, really concentrated on staying in that moment. I Looked down at my plate and it was crystal clear I could see everything on it perfectly and then looked back at him and he was fuzzy still and the rest of the room too and this is where i woke up.

I have no idea what this was, I am hoping it was possibly my first experience with LD

… advice, comments…?

Shouldn’t we make a sticky that clearly states what a LD is?
If you still need explanation, if you know that you were dreaming, it was a LD!

:…:

I would say that it probably was a LD. Since you did know you where dreaming and you did stuff you probably wouldn’t do in a ND. So :partying_face: to your LD.

moppe, The first time you have a LD you might not really be sure if it really was a LD. Even if you have all the facts.

But I do think we should make a “the big , was this a LD” thread, because there seems to be a lot of people asking about it.

Ah, that sounds like a better idea.
But there is alot of “The BIG…” threads to. :content:

If you knew you were dreaming, its an LD.

Good job!
Hey, man you so got to try levitating object and trowing them around the room, your DC’s will be like wtf!!!

Try this, next dream… when you go lucid… and you wanna make someone go wtf, do this: Pick an object like a plate of food at the dinner table, as in your dream. Then, imagine a force below it going against gravity… Then whenI did it, I pretended I was lifting a heavy wieght.

Well, I did it and the dream characters were like, wtf just happened… the looks on thier face are very funny!

Next time focus on your hands while you rub them. That will really stabilze the dream.

Brandi: Fun stuff. I sometimes wonder if what I just had was a LD too.

Anyway, good job on the LD! :happy:

Well concidering it was my first LD experience I was a little confused even though i was pretty positive thats what it was.

Thank you toadstool for the advice to focus on my hands next time i will definatly try that… It gave me such a wierd tingling sensation in my face and body, I remember that so clearly.

I used the WBTB method combined with MILD incase anyone was curious.

WBTB and MILD is verrrrryyyyyyyyyy effective. For me, at least. :smile:

Congratulations :thumbs:

Awesome isn’t it.

Yes staying lucid is hard for a lot of people at first. But it gets much better very quickly. If you still have doubt. I’ll tell you had your first LD.

Some important things to keep in mind:

1. Plan a head of time what you want to do in you next LD. ( I suggest flying, its really cool)
  2. It is important to stay engaged in the dream.
  3. As soon as you realize you are dreaming say this is a dream and stabilize things by rubbing your hands together, putting your hand through a wall, grabbing on to something in the dream, and everyone’s favorite spinning(this is a powerful technique when you get used to it)

I know that you did not have as much success stabilizing things as you hoped but, that is normal. Next time really expect the dream to stabilize it’s self. If one thing does not work then try something else. Once you get used to being lucid in your dreams things will get much easier.

I think your problem might have been that you became lucid but then did not know what you wanted to do so remember # 1 and plan what to do in your next dream.

Keep practicing they get much better.

Happy Dreaming