Dreaming of sleeping/being in bed for hours at a time.

Every night I have the same kind of dreams…

I’m in bed… I’m sleeping… or I’m watching tv… or posting… I go to “sleep” and then “wake up” back into the same bed, or a different bed… whatever…

But I’m always largely inactive and in a bed… for long long periods of time…

people can be there interacting with me… in a good way or in a bad way… it doesn’t matter.

It’s always the same though, more or less… I have some normalish dreams upon falling asleep… then if I sleep in or went to bed early enough… I have sleeping dreams until shortly before it’s time to get up (usually my mind wants me up at 5-6, though the earliest i ever get up for school is at 6:30) and then I can do some WILDs and whatnot…

These dreams really bother me, because for one, they can completely distort my view of “reality” in a very bad way… this morning I woke up… feeling very very groggy, hungry, disoriented… maybe even “drunken” in an unfamiliar bed… I didn’t know what I was doing there… “oh. i’m sleeping at my grandmas house…” but WHY am I sleeping at my grandmas house? Where did my memories of the previous night go? Well oh wait, those things I dreamed about doing at her house must have been real…

and so I get up… thinking hey… okay… I guess I was here all night… or hey… I guess it’s summer and I’m on vacation in California…

and I never question these thoughts… they make a disorienting sense to me… then if I have another FA after that… it just gets progressively worse…

so anyway like last night I woke up and a muppet babies commercial was on… and I was excited that the muppet babies were back on tv and went to find something to eat… then I woke up into SP… and I had no idea what bed I was in… I still thought I was at my grandmas house until I managed to look abroad and notice that I was in my room…

then I had a few more FAs after that before I could finally get up.

I dont’ know why this happens to me… i’ve read that it might mean you are more in tune with your body than most people, so you are largely aware of it’s dormant sleeping position throughout the night…

But if so why don’t I ever with rare exceptions get lucid during these dreams?

I often do reality checks when in my bed, but I only do them if I’m uncertain as to whether I’m awake, which means i probably am.

I don’t know… then at one point last night I literally woke up (reality checked) told myself “okay this is enough, I’m doing RCs everytime I’m in my bed” and then I laid back down… and all of a sudden I’m dreaming again, but I didn’t feel a falling asleep sensation, it just dawned on me that I needed to do a RC and almost couldn’t believe that I was dreaming.

so… do you all have these kinds of pointless sleeping dreams? They say dreaming of slepeing means that you are unware of something (the fact that i’m dreaming i guess?) but… I don’t know… they are so annoying and can be very mentally draining…

why can’t I dream that I’m actually DOING SOMETHING? Sure I do every night, but usually at least 50% of my time spent in bed is spent dreaminf of sleeping or being in bed.

and that frustrates me… it’s so much wasted lucidity time… if my mind doesn’t care what i’m dreaming about to the point where it has me lie stil in bed… then well… i don’t think it’d mind if i took control would it?

or would it keep forcing me into FAs, wanting me to think I’m asleep?

meh… - > :grrr: it’s a pretty annoying reccurring dream theme.

Hey just reading this made me remember of a time a few months ago where i layed downon the couch to have a nap and the entire time I was there i was dreaming that i was still awak trying to sleep, and i was SO FRUSTERATED because i thought id been laying there the entire time not able to sleep… I realized when i woke up that i had been dreaming and actually ahd been sleeping but never realized it… it was so unsatisfying to wake up and feel like you hadnt even slept… I suppose this is like a long version of FA I remember it happening a few times in that time period but never clueing in that i was actually sleeping.

I can relate to your frusteration. :ack:

oh yeah, I’ve done this…GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
takes deep breath phew…ok…calm…
this is really annoying, what’s also annoying is dreaming of tidying up!!!
Whats even MORE annoying is dreaming youre trying to get to sleep and give up so you get up and clean your room to try and get tired, and then try to sleep again and cant, and then wake up to realise youve been asleep all that time, and you STILL have to tidy your god damned room!!!

yeah these dreams are all annoying, but do you guys have them EVERY NIGHT?

I don’t get it… last night I remember, that I woke up, staring at a cabinet… dazed and sort of paralyzed… and so I was thinking …

“hmm… what is this? Where is this… I think I’m on my grandmas bed, but it doesn’t feel like her bed…” i remember she has a water bed, and then the bed suddenly feels like a water bed, which should be a telltale sign that I’m dreaming “hmm… okay, so I AM in my grandmas bed… alright”

and I just kind of lay there, then I think I woke up for real or went into a normal dream.

But the thing that bugs me is that I’m sitting here, not wondering WHY i’m in my grandmas bed… not wondering why it magically turned into a water bed… and yet… I remember very briefly going “maybe this could be a dream” but I just dismissed it.

I think maybe i need a new bed… mine is really uncomfortable and I get lots of back pain and can’t get comfortable very easy

so maybe I’m actually in discomfort, and that finds its way through into my dreams, so then I’m getting sensory information of lying down, so I’d have to start dreaming of lying down, wouldn’t I?

Maybe…

it almost always happens on my side, where as REAL SP tends to happen most on my back… SP within a dream usually happens on my sides though, a lot.