Bye Bye, Wonderfalls. . .

And I always thought you did!

Thanks, Atheist. Your post made me feel better. :content:

I often paste my text in a word document so I know if I misspelled anything. I also check on dictionary.com and google for needed definitions. Though I always like writing my stuff here on the site–seems to go faster for some reason. (I’m delusional, I know.)

Monitor199a–you’re certainly right about the efficacy of low-budget reality shows such as Survivor. You get all this scheming and plotting and twists and eating disgusting bugs and LOTS of viewers all for a minimal cost!!! Plus, with Richard Hatch aboard twice now, there’s nudity for anybody feeling they aren’t exposed to it enough these days. (Sad to say, I actually do watch Survivor. Don’t think I’ve missed a season. . .) However, reality shows are getting way out there and I draw the line on latest prospects My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance and The Littlest Groom.

Does anybody here watch reality shows on the Food Network, HGTV or A&E (Airline is fantastic!)? Now those are RSs that should be kept around.

Okay, I realize I am about a week late in addressing this but my nit-picky ways are calling me to it. True, the first episode, Serenity 1 & 2 features Wash playing with dinosaurs, but it was aired December 20, 2002, three months after the first aired episode, The Train Job. So if you thought it should be canceled from that episode, that means you either watched the whole season or just the very last episode (at which point you would have known the show was canceled anyway).

Most people are probably reading this and thinking: “Who cares?” Fair enough. It just HIT me though that there was a discrepancy and I had to right the wrong.

:spinning:

I can sit there and watch the food network all day.
Oh, and trading spaces. I dono why but that show can keep me buisy for hours. I watched big brother season 1, and thats the only cbs reality show i watched. I watched my big fat obnoxious fiancee a few times it wasnt bad. Other than that all I watch now a days is the simpsons new episodes on sundays and reruns every other day, music videos, arrested development, malcom in the middle XD, chapelle show, south park, and cartoons.

Shows I miss:

Boy Meets World
Tidus
Andy Richter controls the universe
space ghost coast to coast (feat brak, w/o him it sucks)
Seinfield (although i watch reruns sometimes)
Drew Carey Show (with kate)

Food Network’s pretty cool. It’s addicting! Although the only show I watch regularly on there is Good Eats (the camera work is excellent and the host is hilarious!).

Trading Spaces and Changing Rooms (BBC America) are great too but I get fed up with how the rooms turn out sometimes. (Pre-tay ug-lay!)

Boy Meets World. Haha. They might still show re-runs on Disney channel if you felt inclined to sit through that stuff.

Oh yeah, and who can forget Big Brother. I watched the first season also and it quickly went down from there. . .

wow… if there’s something i hate as equally as these crazy reality shows (the swan… it’s so sad… i bet all the trendy girls love it) it’s trading spaces

it’s mildly interesting, but I hate the stupid music, they play the same bass + cow bell song over and over again in every scene for like 2 minutes at a time… god… would it kill them to take the money they make from all the moms watching their shows all day to write a few new tunes?

I guess I mainly just dislike it because my mom watches it all the time and home rennovations bore me.

anyway "And because I’m in the venting mood (hehe), I’m sick of my parents always walking in my room to “monitor” what I’m doing. SO often they just waltz right in here and want to know how my homework’s going and whatnot. I have to close this window so many times a day and act like I’m checking my stocks instead (for a simulation). I think I may be one of the only ones here but it gets so annoying having your parents always keeping their eye on you. "

My parents do that to me too, and I’m 18… they’ve been known to go to the forums I post on and read my posts.

(which is how I got busted for toking up…) :sad: <-

but I worry more about the government that I do them… what with how we don’t have a 4th amendmant and the FBI is trying to (in coordination with none other than the FCC) pressure ISPs to install backdoors on their users computers.

i’ll go get a link
news.com.com/2010-1028-5193750.html

^ if that angered you, you probably just committed a thought crime.

The WB network here used to show reruns of BMW and then disney started showing BMW and Sister Sister when WB quit showing them. Now disney doesnt show BMW and i dont know about SS.

On the food network I like the show Unwrapped. Good eats is cool too and Iron Chef is hilarious. Emeril is pretty cool too. I stayed home sick one day and watched the food channel for about 14 hours straight.

So your parents knew which forums you visited, but didn’t know that you used pot.

Obviously you should have been going to forums while stoned, in the same place you go to smoke!

??? I’m not following you here.

I wasn’t making posts while high, but I did have a thread about eating marijuana. What I did wasn’t all that smart, but that’s not the point.

The point is from time to time they monitor me, and have put spyware on my computer in the past.

They sound like stalkers.

Ditto. My step-dad showed me something one of his customers told him about. He entered sno_isulli into Google and four threads came up from this forum. After that, he went to this site, and clicked on the topics I had responded to. He navigated around and viewed my profile as I sat there helplessly watching. It’s fun, ain’t it? Maybe now that I’m eighteen I’ll have more freedom. (On second thought: Yeah, DON’T think so!)

LOL, dnL. It just draws you in. Unwrapped is pretty cool. The most recent one we watched was about the Susie-Bake Oven or some stupid little kid oven. It’s funny and pretty interesting to learn about popular foods and how they make them, distribute them, etc.

you mean the ez bake oven?

Yeah I havnt watched FN for ever.
I havnt watched TV for ever.
I have been working too much (with food tho LOL)

“Susie-Bake”, “Easy-Bake”. . .(Yeah, you’re right.)

Either way, it’s a stupid toy that should be burned! Give girls race tracks and legos to play with. They don’t need to know how to bake at seven!

I’ll bake you!

Screw legos and hotwheels, they need like…hmmm…VIDEOGAMES!!!

Videogames are liek teh bestest evar!

LOL videogames. Hehe oldschool sega genesis sno :wink:

I say give all boys and girls oldschool sega genesis, sonic the hedgehog, and an annoying brother that plays tails and steals all your air bubbles in underwater levels! LOL :tongue:

Oh yes. Let’s just let kids forget they have an imagination and sit them in front of a monitor so they can get carpal tunnel syndrome from too much controller/joystick work and go psychologically insane from all the desensitization to violent killing and gore. Video games RULE!!!

*Okay, that was pretty sarcastic but I DO think kids play too much video games these days. They’re fun and all and addicting but can’t substitute the gold old-fashioned lego-esque fun. How dare you bash Legos!

There’s a healthy balance between the types of games. Too much of anything isn’t great (I’m anticipating your rebuttal as you chew me out for this post). “Everything in moderation.” (Although that right there isn’t logical anyway.) Oh well.

To each his own.

:wink:

WHAT!!! jk I love video games. I spent my first 10+ years of childhood playing videogames and also legos, (Thats all I used to do!), hotwheels, cards(rummy, poker, hearts, speed), and board games (scrabble, chess, risk, monopoly, sorry) and those electronic games like bop it, and some thing that tells you to turn it to the right number or color(i forget what its called) I also read all of the time, so dont yell at me and call me psychologically insane because of video games OK? (sorry if you think I’m yelling cause I’m not. I actually think this is kind of funny.) I’m psychologically insand for other reasons that I dont really like to talk about in public. LOL and besides, You can see gore in other places besides video games. e.g. Kill Bill. Plus, I didnt get into gory games until I moved into my moms. Before that it was all genesis games (sonic, NHL 9X, etc.) and nintendo(zelda, mario, duck hunt, etc.) and N64 (mario, mario golf, mario tennis, zelda, baseball, etc.) The only bloody game at that time was goldeneye007.

Hehe. I don’t think people who play video games are psychologically insane. (Maybe just a few!) I was being VERY sarcastic. And I wasn’t yelling at you. Geez! JK. Ah, okay. I’ll shut up with this thread now. . .

“I miss Wonderfalls!” At least I have the theme song now. So good. :content:

lol i wasnt yelling back! Oh i noticed you have 4 stars now. congratz!

I know exactally what you mean.