The Big "Hi, I'm new here!" Topic X

Like every other person who posts to this message I’m new here.
I’ve had lucid dreams in the past but not recently, I believe the lack to have something to do with some recent physical trauma. Recent being almost five months ago now, but recovery will be another year or so. Anyways I miss the lucidity and started looking around the web for something to help get it back. This is the best site I came across so we’ll see how it goes.

Good luck and welcome to all the newcomers!

This LD4All is an amazing site. I only discovered it about a week ago, during yet another search on Google for something related to lucid dreaming.

I’ve always been a vivid dreamer with fairly good natural dream recall. As a kid, my bro/sis and I would often exchange our bizarre dreams at the breakfast table over corn flakes. I still have strong memories of a handful of dreams I had as a youngster.

I never understood what lucid dreaming was until last fall, when I discovered “Waking Life” by Richard Linklater. In short, the film pretty much blew me away - I must have watched it at least 6 times so far. Since then I’d bought “Lucid Dreams in 30 Days”, which I find is a bit iffy. The info I have found on the web seems vastly better.

Also, since last fall I’ve moved to South Korea temporarily (I’m Canadian). It’s a good spot for reality checking, as life can sometimes get pretty surreal here. Often things look similar but… different. McDonald’s with Korean script all over it, for instance. Baskin Robbins. Taster’s Choice. Another bonus: I don’t start work until the afternoon, which keeps me from being rushed in the morning and gives me plenty of time for journal writing.

I now keep a journal, of variable quality. Usually I have decent dream recall but there’s no way I can write the kind of detail I usually remember. Anyways, I’ve had some lucid and near-lucid moments:

(1) Spontaneously, about 3 months ago, I realized in the middle of a dream that I was dreaming. Losing my composure, I instantaneously tried flight, and it worked, for about 10 seconds. I then zoned back out and finished the dream in a non-lucid state.

(2) More recently, after my first WBTB attempt (thanks DreamAddict), I got lucid at the final instant of my dream. My brother was being hanged, to my horror, and I realized it couldn’t be. I yelled out to him “this is impossible”, and another copy of him is suddenly standing next to me. (“He” was also still at the end of a rope.) I guess it was the relief combined with the realization: I woke up that moment.

(3) Another time, I dreamt my brother lent me a CD. Impossible, since he’s in Canada and I’m in Korea. Nevertheless, I go through a false awakening, and I’m back in Korea. Yet I still have the CD. The setting is largely rational. Yet something vaguely seems off, and when I start questioning the possibility of having this CD, my girlfriend is somewhat evasive. I don’t get lucid beyond that.

I guess that gives you a good idea of where I’m coming from. It’s nice to see such a huge community of people interested in LD!

Seeya later

Hi Ultravisitor :smile: Welcome to the LD4all community! Seems like you’re doing pretty good in dream recall and you also have the right critical attitude towards dreaming, which makes you become lucid. Yeah seems promising for the future :happy: Enjoy your stay!
Also welcome to Kimochi, Ev and Quickbeam :content:

Hi i’m new here!

I’ve been interested in dreams since forever but I only got really interested by lucid dreams since about a month when I found a lucid dreaming site by mistake. I’ve searched more and I found this site. I lurked the forums for some times and yesterday I got a LD. (lasted for only a few seconds, I realise it was a dream after I found out I just drank a complete vodka bottle I one shot :open_mouth: ) I decided it was good time to start posting, so yeah… well i’m starting…

I’m interested in LDs because in my youth I had many LDs, but it seemed I lost a part of my imagination while growing up : ( I’ve just started making a DD and I’m also starting to make RCs a couple of times a day.

Some more info about me: I’m 17 and I live in Quebec, Canada. I takes me a long time to fall asleep, but it also takes much for me to wake up. Oh well, can’t think of anything more to say. I hope my time spent here will be fun and informative and will help me make more LD :happy:

PS: pardon my poor english :bored:

EDIT: I’d like to know what is in your opinion the best book about dreams… Plz no books about spiritual world and those kinds of things :wink: I’ll only believe when i’ll experience it :happy:

Welcome to the forum

and congratulations on your first LD :clap:

As for the best book there is a hole topic to this but :

Creative Dreaming- by Patricia Garfield
Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by Stephen Labarge

Hey, I just stumbled over this forum and it looked pretty spiffy, thought I’d join :smile:

I’m an 18 year old uni student from australia, to put me into context. Dreaming is fun, what can I say? Sometimes better then reality what with the limitless potential, no barriers and all that.

Just joking, living is good too^^ I’d miss my mates and reality if I slept all the time.
Although I did once sleep for 17.5 hours straight…

anyways, hope I get some good advice and am welcome!

Welcome to the LD4ALL forum shianra! :happy: Hope u like this totally awesome forum and get some good advice as well :wink:

Welcome :thumbs:

This is a great site and I hope you will enjoy your visits here.

Lots of good advice here. The best thing I can tell you is to keep your exploration of lucid dreaming fun and don’t make things hard on your self. Everyone can learn to Lucid Dream just stay persistent and practice.

Enjoy :smile:

Happy Dreaming

Hello to all of our new members!
I’m charlotte and you’ll see me lurking around the forum a lot, I hope to see you all posting a lot and having fun at LD4all!
Happy dreaming!
-charlotte

Welcome to the forum shianra and Vhalnyr! :happy:
I’m sure you will like this place :wink:

Good luck with your LDing!

Vhalnyr:
Well for all new ppl to Lucid Dreaming…id sugest the book Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by Mr.Stephen Labarge :wink:

Tks for all your welcome :smile:

I just want to say hi to everybody :content: and tell a bit about myself. This is my second post in this forum.

I’m 17, live in BC, Canada, but originally i’m from St.Petersburg, Russia and I’ve been living in North America for only two years. I’m going to school (of course), and my interests are computers (programming, games, hardware, etc.), aviation (airplanes, air traffic control, flight sims), science (physics), and, since a few months ago, LDing.

How I found out about LDs:
Sometime in February, I had a conversation with my parents about something, and the topic of sleeping (actually, not getting enough sleep) suddenly came up. So I went on the Web to look for some information about sleep and having dreams, and I stumbled upon the newgroup about Lucid Dreaming. I didn’t know what LDs were about, so I looked for some info about them. Once I found out what LDs are, I really got interested in the whole idea of understanding that you’re dreaming. I didn’t actually believe in it much until I had my first LD (it was a few weeks after first finding out about LD). Since that moment, I’ve been having LDs approximately once a week. It’s funny that most often I have LDs on Fridays. :smile:
I found ld4all forum a while ago, but I’ve decided to join in only last week.
I hope to become a part of ld4all community.

Thanks.

This is my 3rd post, but I just joined no more than 10 minutes ago or so.

I probably never would have found this place had it not been for a few nights ago where I experienced SP twice in one night, hallucinating the second time. It really freaked me out and I didn’t know what to think. So, what else to do but search for it on the net. Eventually I wound up here. I think LD’s are amazing. I never really talked to anyone about them before last year. I asked my roommate if he ever had one. He thought it was weird that I’ve been experiencing them for a while. I just thought it was normal.

I think it’s great that this whole community exists just for LD’s. I’m glad I found it when I did.

welcome skywolf :smile: Well, by joining you have become part of the community :happy:

welcome shivz, glad you found us! :content:

Hey, everyone.

I, like many others, found this site while researching dreams. They’ve always fascinated me, and I decided to do some research and came across this site. Once I entered adolescence, I stopped being able to remember my dreams, but as a young child, I had a lot of different experiences with dreams. I could always remember them, sometimes 4 a night, and I have some specific memories of lucid dreams. I used to get them a lot, but only when I was having a nightmare. I even knew how to wake myself up. It never occured to me(I was only about 5 or 6) that since I was dreaming I could do anything I wanted, and the man behind me trying to kidnap me didnt’ exist. I was too scared to do anything but wake myself up. I belive the lucid dreams were brought on by physical trauma I experienced when I was 5, which also caused nightmares every night for 2 years. I’ve been able to fly in dreams, which was an awesome experience, I’ve had falling dreams, repeated dreams, and also many false awakenings. Once I had 7 false awakingsing a row. After the first one, I realized I was dreaming, and tried to wake myself up but for the first time it didnt’ work. When I was 5, and had surgery, I was under an anesthetic, and I believe, after some research, that I experienced an OOBE. I never used to believe in things like that until I realized it had happened to me. All of this happened before the age of 10 though, and I want some of it back. Occasionally, I’ll remember a dream, maybe once every couple of weeks. I tried keeping a dream dairy once, but I just didnt’ have time for it. I found however, that after reading a bunch of stuff on remembering dreams before I went to bed the other night, and wanting to remember them, the next morning, I did remember a dream.

Well, if any of you are still reading this, I think this is a really great site and I plan on posting here regularly. :happy:

It’s great that just reading about dream recall has helped you with your recall. :happy:
Welcome to ld4all Sweetdreaminchic, once you start reading about other’s lucid dreams you will probably get your LDing ability back too. I look forward to reading about your future LDs.

mmm I haven’t been here for a while.

moogle takes a deep breath
Welcome to the forum Ev, Kimochi, Ultravisitor, Vhalnyr, shianra,
skywolf and Shivz! Hope you all become regular posters here. I look forward to talking to you on the different topics around the forum. :wiske:

Welcome to everyone!

I hope you find the forum interesting and helpful.
Keeping a dream diary will also help you get LD’s…

Welcome to the forum Sweetdreaminchic, skywolf and Shivz! :happy:

Enjoy your stay :content: