The BIG WILD Topic - Part XI

Dm7

I think I understand what I was doing wrong now. I’ll try it again tonight. I defiantly see how it would be a good technique. :smile:

Yes, you can do WILD in any position. I did WILD on my let side last night. There was a time when people thought that WILD had to be on your back. Recently though, more people who do WILD are reporting that WILD can be done in any position.

tried WILD for a few days now but no LD’s. I often find it harder to breath after a while (it’s like a heavy weight on my chest) and I get some kind of fear/nervous reaction and can’t concentrate any longer…

I also get spasms (but not too often) which often makes me loose concentration, I even bit my tounge once :smile:

Dm7, that dancing fire /spinning technique sounds interesting! I’ll give it a try next time I try to WILD

I got the spasms and heavy chest as well…I think it went a bit too far when I literally couldn’t breathe…I gave up then. I hit myself in the head last night trying the spinning thing. You know when you ‘fall’ well I think I thought I was gonna do that and my arm flinched and I punched myself in the eye. It hurt.

Yes WILD can be done in any positions other than just on back. I’ve done it on my both sides and on my stomach before. For some reasons being on back makes it easier to WILD because it’s not a usual position for me to sleep; thus, my consciousness is being kept “awake” at a certain level until I enter a dream world. :smile: BUT it doesn’t mean that other positions aren’t possible to achieve a successful WILD.

Good luck… yes… in fact… I used that spinning technique today for WILD. It worked like a charm. Got in a pretty long lucid dream (at first it wasn’t stable at all, but I somehow made it stable :biggrin: ). :wink:

:biggrin: Good luck again!

Will it be slightly harder for me to achieve then, since I don’t mind which position I sleep in? Usually the position I hit the bed in is the one I go to sleep in. Should I try only going to sleep in a certain position for a while and see how it affects it or what?

Try it different ways. I always used to do WILD on my back. It actually was not until recently that I realized that I could do WILD in any position. For most people on your back is easier. If you find that is to uncomfortable for you and is keeping you awake then try different positions.

When you do WILD you will often feel like you can not breathe or a weight is placed on your chest. This is because you are falling asleep while your consciousness stays awake. Your body is controlling your breathing (like being on aoto pilot)for you. Once you have achieve a state of relaxation try not to focus too much on your breathing. Let your breath find its own pace. This will make it a little easier… It is nothing to be afraid of(you are breathing) and you will get used to it. Keep practicing you are very close !!!

This never happened to me - probably this doesn’t apply to everyone…

no it does not happen to every one. I was responding to posts from PistGurl and Macrophage. It does not happen to every one though it is very common.

This topic of WILD induction is very fascinating to me. There are a lot of great techniques proposed here and I guess it’s just a matter of finding what techniques or modifications of said techniques work best for you. One thing I haven’t seen the mention of is the strong relationship between “failed WILDS” and false awakenings. There have been several instances where I would feel the tell-tale signs of sleep onset e.g. bodily vibrations and the feeling of bodily movement through empty space only to apparently wake up. The ironic thing is that I hadn’t woken up at all but merely experienced a false awakening. For me, false awakenings seem to be the main doorway or transition from WILD induction to the dream state. It’s like I’m “waking up” in my dream if that makes sense. The only problem is, I’m so convinced that I’ve actually woken up that I blithely accept whatever my senses seem to convey with such realism. In the past, it’s been very hard to persuade myself to perform a RC upon waking. Lately, however, I’ve made myself perform a RC no matter how convinced I am of the “reality” I’m experiencing. For this very reason, the practice of WILD has not eliminated my need to do a reality check. It is my opinion that a lot of people here actually succeed a lot more at WILDs than they give themselves credit for. I urge you people to incorporate RCs into your awakenings from WILDs. More likely than not, you’ll sometimes catch yourself being duped by a false awakening! :eek:

The message was slow processing so I hit the “submit” more than I should have. Sorry.

Sorry for multiple post.

Yes that is very true. I do still do RC and keep a DJ because:

=> WILD can have a MILD like effect. If you are practicing WILD and loose consciousness you may still wake up in your dreams later.

=> You can lose lucidity but get it back later.

=> I usually have more than one LD on the nights I am successful. AS a example: I my become lucid with WILD but when the dream ends fall into unconscious sleep. ( I am not yet skilled enough to stay conscious through the void) Then, I will later wake up agin in a ND and become lucid.

Hey everyone, Iv’e just got a question about WILD.
Last night I attempted WILD, I have managed to achieve LD’s through WILD about 3 times now, so I thought no big deal eh’ I’ll just do what I did the last few times.
So there I am seeing the the imagery, and by now Iv’e forgoten about my body, and I can fell im about to drift into the dream, when suddenly I have the urge to open my eyes, which I do.
Now this is where it gets weird, I open my eyes, I see my room, my body is still completly paraliyzed I look around (and I know that it isnt a dream) I then close my eyes, and go directly into the dream.
Weird huh? It’s never happened before and I thought it odd that I went into the dream directly after opening my eyes.
Anyone know what thats about?

I had my first WILD last night, it was an immense rush and I had the most realistic LD I have ever had. Anyway I was wondering: has anyone ever experienced the sensation, whilst entering sleep consciously, of their jaw being clenched incredibly tightly closed. I experienced this last night along with a high-pitch whislting and tingling sensation, which I have heard is common. It may have been an illusion but the locked jaw was the only part of the WILD entry which I didn’t find enjoyable and exciting. Thanks.

I have had a similar sensation only my jaw was not pushed shut but, I felt pressure on my face. It is just the SP setting in. It’s normal and nothing to worry about. It does not sound like it hindered you any. Which is good. When you practice WILD you may feel all kinds of weird sensations. Some may even be frightening. Just try to ignore them.

Congratulations on your first WILD.

It is an awesome experience. I am curious did you use the WBTB, napping or did you do it at your regular bed time.

Everytime I wake up in the morning to attempt a WILD, I plan on having one but end up falling asleep to quickly. :neutral:

Thanks milod789 for the reply. I’m not sure you’d class it as WBTB, but I just woke from a normal dream (without moving at all, and without opening my eyes or thinking any thoughts) and kept focusing on a mental image of the last dream image I had seen. As well as concentrating on this mental image I willed myself to be with the image, in a dream. Within a matter of probably five seconds I saw blue streaks and the whistling started up, shortly followed by the bodily sensations. I knew I was on my way to a WILD and I just focused on keeping calm and relaxed so as not to stop my entry.

I find it very hard (I have yet to succeed) practicing a proper WBTB WILD, or a WILD from the first time I attempt sleep, as I often find it hard to get to sleep, generally taking 30-45 minutes or upwards. What are your methods?

I do WILD both at bed time and with WBTB.

When I do WBTB I just allow myself to wake naturaly and then go right back to sleep. The most I would do is use the bathroom. There is a lot of confusion about WBTB/WILD. A lot of people think you need to stay up for a ½ hour to an hour. That method is for WBTB/MILD.

With WBTB/WILD the less time you stay up the better in my opinion. I only stay up for like 2-5 minutes at the most.

Keep Practicing !!! You are doing great !!!

dnLMicky

Keep practicing. You will feel your way through with practice. Just don’t give up !!!

What method do you use to induce WILD?

Thought i would write this becuase I know everyones experiences are different, and when i was first starting wild, peoples experiences helped me understand more; i also differ with some things, like I do not get strong vibrations and vary rarely any HI, so could help those trying who dont either.

Try get you into the mindset

Concept 1:
Example. Someone is trying to pinch something off you (for example a friend is trying to nick a bag of sweets/pack of cigs/whatever) and you know they are about to do it, but you dont wanna give anything away. You can focus on two things at once; you can keep ACTIVE thoughts
on doing what you are doing, (whether it is watching TV or talking to someone). Also focus on them with your mind out of the corner of your eye, so you are aware of them, but not actually looking.

This is the type of mind set I try to get into while inducing WILD, I try to actively focus on one thing with my mind, whilst being aware of another without ‘thinking about it’

This is the easy bit…
Lay down(sometimes on back, others on side), close my eyes.

Now the hard bit…
This is where the concept I mentioned earlier comes into play. I actively think about ‘nothing’ basically whilst in the back of my mind keep the thought that i know im attempting to WILD in the back of my mind.

concept 2:
The mind works on association, so when you for example look at a coin you will say 5p silently in your head, or you read this text on the screen, you read words out in your head and constantly are associating words with everyday objects aloud in your head. But try think about something without associating it to a word or to anything else. just the fact that you know it and dont have to remind or repeat it to yourself. For example, try to read some text without silently reading in your head.

If you can manage to muster a thought in your head and keep it their in the back without actively reffering to it like the counting method of 1…2…3…i am dreaming. I believe it allows the mind a fall into a faster state of relaxation and progression through the next stages.

So getting back to it, in bed… eyes closed, 1 thought lingering in the back of my mind everying else black (taken a long time to learn to not let my mind wander or actively think things like what im doing tomorrow, or even if you have an itch try not to actively think about an itch, I wonder how long it gonna be there, oh no its getting worse, feeling a bit better now, its ok to know its there but dont think about it).

Eventually my body’s perception changes (quite quick about 15 min) it feels like im about 2 inches above my body and 2 inches below at the same time, both numbness and slight tingling (like faint pins and needles). Shortly after (est…10 mins) my minds point of view changes,
(its hard to explain) my mind begins to unbalance from being centered towards my body (solar plexus area) towards the front of my face and sometimes as though someone is pushing down on it. I dont often get HI like a lot of people do, but when I do I push past its aknowledgement
and keep only the 1 lingering thought in the back of my mind.

When in this stage of WILD I allow my mind feel the sensations without putting active thought to them. my body starts to feel as if it is being pulled into the bed and although i dont really see HI it is like the blackness that is… somehow travelling towards me.
(Sound wise I do hear people talking, but because I live in uni halls there are loads of people outside shouting and talking at all times anyway so I dunno whether it is me or them. I find sounds the hardest thing to ignore but because I have been living here for 7 months I have got used to it more than anything).

These feelings start to intensify, the blackness feels more empty and void and my body is being pulled faster. Eventually just by not actively thinking of anything and in the back of my mind just knowing what I am trying to attempt I can slip into a dream straight away.

Im not actually sure on the time between these last all happening because as I have been ranting on about the activly thinking, I surpress all active thoughts. Time flies though once you get into sleep paralysis… I love it.

There is actually a fine line that has wedged itself somewhere inbetween not actively thinking about something and just not thinking about anything… i have been practicing for a while trying to sharpen my technique up, there have been plenty of times when i have fallen asleep or kept too awake.

Many people say it is all down to patience, but also being able to tweak methods to suit you.

Problems I had whilst learning WILD

getting the hang of not activly thinking. its not easy laying there thinking about nothing. its even harder not thinking about ‘not thinking about nothing’… I could go on forever.

sometimes i would get bored whilst attempting this, causing me to either give up or carry on trying with 2 outcomes, to spend to next couple of hours trying and fall asleep or to find I cant sleep at all now. I still get bored once in a while and just give up now. I know its a big personal factor for me to be in the frameset to really want to do it.

From my conditions of living in a noisy student digs and having insomnia it can be seen that it does not affect the ability of being able to WILD, it will just make it harder to block out other thoughts

Im still a long way off perfecting my techniques, years down the road maybe, but i can never be bothered with dreamjournals and always forget to reality check. ive had more WILD’s now than normal LD’s. Thanks everyone before me that posted their experiences.

Double post… sorry