[split] religious debate from 'do DC's have rights'

[color=red][mod edit] this discussion is split from the 'do DC’s have rights? topic. [/mod][/color]

I am not judging anyone. But God will judge our thoughts - at the time of judgement - so it isn’t a little strong actually. If someone doesn’t believe it, that is their business of course, but I had to say it for everyone’s good.

Exactly. Thank you for making it clear. I was just trying to point it out for everyone’s good. But (God allows us the freedom) we can do as we like, with the side-effects they may entail. I have no interest in ‘judging’ people, rather I was trying to help by attempting to throw some light on the matter. But since we’re free to choose, including what we do in our LD’s, why should anyone feel offended by different ideas? Isn’t this what the Internet is about nowadays? I’m not offended by the different ideas posted here and elsewhere, obviously I may agree with this and disagree with that… like anyone will, and we’re free to express that.

You can’t avoid God’s judgement which was what I posted about - but you didn’t take the time to read my posting properly, you just jumped to your abrupt conclusion.
I didn’t express any judgement on anyone and I simply pointed out my POV/beliefs regarding the matter.
I was helping too. I would rather not see somebody getting judged when he dies, thanks to some stuff he did in an LD. But it’s there business. And I’m not judging those who share what they did or will do.

It’s an individual choice which doesn’t restrict anyone from doing what they like if they wish so.

Only God may be able to judge something of the sort. The judgement would take place after one’s death. The witness would be yourself, if anyone.

Unfortunately it is a false conviction to think that… you aren’t really free from God’s laws that way. Ok, you are free from society’s laws and restrictions and I agree on that point.

by using the word judge i was only thinking of having trials the human way, i didn’t even think about the judgment of god.

here we differ from opinion and i don’t know if we will go off topic when i explain my views of God – i don’t believe there is a God separate from us who will judge you. I think God is everywhere, and inside each of us, eg, each of us is God. So you are the one who judges yourself, if ‘judge’ is the word for it… that is what i meant by personal morale…

I see… yes we view it differently but thanks for sharing your opinion which I appreciate. Yes I think God is everywhere and the Holy Spirit is within those who are baptised in Christ, however we are not God (though we are to be like God - I can see many aren’t!).
Perhaps the way we will be judged might be getting us to judge ourselves - in the light of God we would have to do it correctly however and there would be no excuses we could invent at that ‘time’.

what are you talking about :eh:

i didn’t understand your post at all… are you insinuating that i am impulsive and don’t think before i do something ???

you just judged us by saying that some of us are like god (which i’m guessing is a favorable judgement) and that some of us aren’t aren’t

are you saying that one has to be religious to recognize wrongness ???

So, in your opinion we can grow from “negative actions” . This seems to give you the freedom to do whatever you want with no consequences!
Where do you draw the line?
I agree that the ability to act out negative impulses can be an healthy release valve but it is all a matter of degree.

As for you saying my comments were untrue and short-sighted … it has been proved that watching violent films can desensitise people then how much more would LDs be able to do so.

oneiromancer > I did not mean to imply that only religious people have a sense of right and wrong. I just meant that I cannot expect others to follow my views of morality in their dreams.

personaly I don’t believe in god at all, so this judgement thing doesn’t bother me.

mystery

You posted a story and I posted another, what’s wrong with that???
You can ignore it you know.

It is not a judgement to say that there are different kinds of people!
If you tell me that everyone is the same - I 'll tell you of course not!

Some whose behaviour resembles God’s (take Padre Pio for instance who is declared as a saint because his behaviour resembled God’s) and some well let’s not say anything (take Hitler for your example - I don’t know if you’ll try to defend him).
You’ll understand wrongness much more when you understand its context in how God is offended by it (not that you cannot understand it in a natural sense).

absolutely nothing is wrong with that. but i did ask a question about the story that you posted which you still haven’t answered. your story wasn’t clear to me, i was asking you to clarify it. hence the use of the ???

4 a : the process of forming an opinion or evaluation by discerning and comparing

according to that above definition saying that not everybody is the same would qualify as a judgement, but for you to say that it is not, we are obviously using two definitions of the word, so what is a judgement to you ???

this statement is a judgement according to the following definition of the word:

1 a : a formal utterance of an authoritative opinion b : an opinion so pronounced

fair enough… no further questions your honor :yinyang:

i now return you to your regularly scheduled thread

[size=75]btw, i don’t think it’s necessarily a bad thing when threads go off topic :tongue:[/size]

Sure, but most people don’t patronize those with different beliefs. If you keep stating what you believe as fact then let me take it one step further.

• You can rape a woman as long as her father doesn’t see it… If he does see it you must pay him three sickles of gold.

This is truth, it says so in the bible and this must be believed if you believe in god.

Do you feel such a statement is an insult to your religion clarkkent? If yes then please adapt a more humble approach to your posting, they are an insult to my integrity.

Chapter and Verse please.

I believe it says that if the victim does not try to cry out for help then it is not considered a rape, but I might be wrong.

But that rule of course has exceptions. It was given to them to make them see what they were doing wrong. Following all those rules exactly doesn’t matter if you break them inwardly and have no love for your fellow man. Not to say that I am perfect, I am far from it, everyone makes mistakes but that is how I interpret that portion of the bible.

That’s my point. Let people interpret God’s will how they want and don’t shove statements down their throats. Clarkkent and a few others have done this throughout the thread.

/looking up a few interesting bible passages/ I might as well dig up some of my other favorites, maybe on how gay people should burn in hell.

No I don’t think it says something that way and in that sense and definitely not in our context too.

Ureon, please quote chapter and verse etc…

Ureon, No I don’t think it is an insult rather it may be your belief (however incorrect I may think it is).

I was not patronising anyone - just saying my opinion and when asked why I explained my beliefs.

If you’re bothered by the heat you shouldn’t go in a kitchen.

And a point I left out on the good in people - well the good in people comes from God - this as most of what I’ve been posting in these 2 threads was based on what the Church believes! Based on the Apostles Creed too… Yes there is good in people who don’t even believe in God too.
There is bad in people who believe in God too. But it’s God who makes us ‘good’ by His Blood and by believing it (even if we don’t know or understand it)…

So if one doesn’t like my beliefs (and the Church’s), it’s your right but it isn’t something I’m inventing or patronising anyone with!

Should I say that you or anyone else is patronising me when you post about your beliefs? Definitely not. Just allow people to mention their beliefs - there are lots of different ones and they should be free to mention them AND state them as fact (their beliefs) if they feel like. Why not? People have a right to express their beliefs and stopping that would be censorship (what you and some seem to want to try to do). I would not feel offended by them. Perhaps you don’t have experience with freedom but in a free world we allow people to post their opinions and beliefs too.

I could quote you the beatitudes and thank you too if you like, but there’s no need to.
One does not need to write ‘THIS IS MY OPINION’ or IMHO when one writes one’s beliefs. My beliefs are more than an opinion I hold. Now if you see it differently, good luck to you and I’ll support your right to do so.
But you get infuriarated when somebody posts about their beliefs. Bad luck. You won’t shut people up that way.

I’m not shoving anything - you seem to want to though! Can’t you see how
you want to censor people? So that’s your point, then…

BTW, gay people who don’t practice gay sex can and DO get to heaven, not hell! The biblical reference is to those who DO practice… not those who DONT.

WHOA okay didn’t notice this was PART 2… lol… i am in the process of stringing together a more on topic reply… but you know, I just saw this, didn’t know where it was coming from, but stated my comments on gays, hell, and christians in general.

I think if you are going to abide by old testament laws about homosexuality, you should follow ALL old testament laws, such ask killing people who work on the sabbath.

It’s too conveniant to filter though the old testament, ignore contradictory verses “women should be submissive in church” and use the ones that you agree with (giving gay people a hard time).

“God” would probably frown upon that. Isn’t the whole point of the New Testament (for christians) to make the Old Testament null and void, for the most part? Wasn’t that why Jesus came down in the first place, other than being some sort of ultra super sacrifice?

I’m sad that this letter appears to be fake but
snopes.com/politics/religion/drlaura.asp

It makes a great point.

Well the only thing I have to say without being horribly redundant is to ErikW, who seems like he is a Vulcan.

You are suggesting that I am insane by deviating from the norm.

I would have called you insane for drafting up plans for a helicopter a few hundred years ago… yet da vinci did just that, and he was more or less RIGHT, but no… he wasn’t right… he was wrong.

Or you would have been calling him wrong if you were a walking dictionary back then, even durring a freaking renaissance.

Like I said your petty and frivolous definitions (we cannot define reality, no one knows what anyone elses experience of “reality” is like) are shaped upon general societal agreeance about the meanings of words. The actual definitions themselves as taken literally from a dictionary mean way less than do the general consensus of a population

The general consensus of our population uses the word “kill” and all its forms when talking about: fictional characters, animals, objects, ideas, abstract concepts (time), etc…

So you are telling the people, who GIVE THE WORD MEANING IN THE FIRST PLACE, that they are wrong? They might be wrong according to convential rules invneted by a bunch of grammar nazis, but so what? If 75% of Americans talk about killing things that by your definition aren’t real… then I’d venture to say THEIR DAMN USAGE OF KILL IS CORRECT, AND YOURS IS WRONG.

All that aside, if you followed the norm a few hundred years ago, you’d be sitting here quoting BS from some sort of archaic and superstitious text, proving to me that such and such isn’t such and such becuase this little book I have says so.

If you were a sort of lawyer back then (you resemble one now) you WOULD be arguing that women don’t deserve to vote, because the constitution says all MEN were created equal… and the overall definition for man is someone of the male gender.

A woman is clearly not a man. Therefore a woman does not deserve the rights that men have.

I WIN YAY! (sarcasm, you do not know what the authors meant when using man)

I want you, to right now, either prove to me that DCs aren’t real, or revoke all your arguments.

All we have is speculation, okay? We don’t know they are real, and we don’t know that they are unreal.

we do not know

and neither do you.

If you do, prove it.

You cannot disprove the “reality” of dreams, especially given the very subjective nature of reality, which is ultimately shaped by nothing more than perception

If you can disprove the realness of DCs, by all means, do it now, shed some light on to how it’s impossible to kill them by PROVING to us that they aren’t real.

Please, disprove this argument:
When we sleep, our astral body separates from our etheric body and we visit alternate planes of existence.

Disprove it. (i realize that just because something cannot be disproven, does not make it real, as people often use that argument for God, and anything they want to say, but we have many people here trying to scientifically show that shared dreaming is possible, we have Mavromatis documenting shared hypnagogia… and we are debating a philosophical issue WHERE THERE IS NO ANSWER.)

You seem to be the only one here adamantly telling everyone they are WRONG and that you have dreams all figured out. The scientific community doesn’t even claim such things, yet.

I hope that this post didn’t come off as hostile or anything.

All I am trying to get across is that none of us know whether they are real or not. Many of us have had many experiences which would at least show shared dreaming as possible.

So the whole point is, I don’t know, and you don’t know.

hahaha