This is frustrating me..

ok see whenever I have a lucid dream its usually really short and I cant really control it plus then I go back to normal dreaming. Its soooo frustrating I want to do so many things in a LD but I cant if there so short I cant even talk to a DC in a LD. X_x please help, and dont dare recommend like rubbing ur hands or spinning around knowing me it probably most likely not work…

It sounds like you don’t have much control over the dream, so it’s probably a good idea to look at finding a stabilization technique that works for you. I know you didn’t want anyone recommending that, but it really does seem a likely solution to your problem.

In my case, I found that it was highly beneficial to spend the first minute ot 2 of lucidity just “tuning” the dream. I’d generally stand still and observe the world without exerting too much energy, at least until it sharpens up and I feel that I have a decent level of control over it. It also helps to involve your other senses at the same time, perhaps by paying particular attention to the ambient sounds of your world, or by picking up a small object and playing with it in your hands. It shouldn’t take long for the dream world to become more clear and defined, at which point you can safely indulge yourself without the dream fading or receding back into an ND.

The key is just to experiment. What works for others may not work as well for you. Good luck. :smile:

That negative attitude is seriously going to be a problem if you want to actually become skillful in lucid dreaming.

Total agreement.

^^ I agree too.

You have to try these things if you want success. Next time just go for it! I recomend rubbing hands, what do you have to lose? Nothing. If you want to become a great LDer you’re going to have to take chances and try stuff out

If you think something won’t work, it won’t (take it from me). If you get past that and expect it to work, it will (take that form me also :wink:).

Try rubbing your hnads etc. If you haven’t tried it, it’s worth a go. Also, I agree with Atheist. Spend a little while just looking around you. That in its self should amuse you for a quite a while.

I agree with everyone above. You should really try to practice stabilizing the dream. The techniques do work but, you have to be willing to try.

It also might help if you plan a head of time what you want to do in your next LD. Fore example if you want to fly in a dream remind yourself of that when you go to sleep. As soon as you realize you are dreaming jump in the air and start flying. That way you get engaged with the dream right away. When you are new at this if you spend too much time (down time) trying to decide what you want to do the dream can start to loose realness and you can even loose lucidity.

fine fine ill try rubbing my hands or the nose thing. oh and I got another question see when Im going to go lucid again Im planning on creating a monster to do my bidding. Is there anything bad about this? I just want to go rampaging the towns…

Not in my opinion. There is a thread on this already. You should read that topic and ask your question there.

go to stuff dreams are made of and the topic is “killing dream charicters”

i would tell your monster to disappear after you wake up, or to not do anything while you are away, for safety’s sake, but that’s just me.