things to be afraid while lucid dreaming

:cool_laugh: What a great saying! “Must…get…computer crack…”
I’ve gotten to the point that I sneak around on school computers (which are for HOMEWORK ONLY…so stupid) just to get on and get a few more posts read!

Anyway, I digress. I think that it’s physically impossable to hold your breath long enough for you to die. I mean, if you were dying you’d probibly wake up to breathe or your body would take over, at least your dream would stop and you’d be able to breathe again!

Do RC"s as often as possable and then do more! Once in an exam I did about 50 in an hour, very distracting but oh well! There are more important things than socials finals :tongue:

charlottedreamer

Yes. I said the same a while back. If holding your breath in a LD would cause you to stop breathing then the worst that would happen is it would wake you up. However I do not think holding your breath in a LD would have any impact on your real body.

I fully agree. The more RC ’ you do the better your chances for a LD.

Im going to try Lucid dreaming tonite :smile: , ive had about 3 Lucid dreams wen i was young but i was i was always scared cause i didnt know what they were :confused: . The most vid one i remember I couldnt get out and i couldnt go past these invisible boundries and i was real scared, there was noone else there but a barn in a place i went to on holiday with a dinosaur head in it that i really liked from Drusillas Park (the tricerotops one). I kept thinking “im dreaming wake up!” and i cant get out and i just wandered back and forwards till i woke up. But it was cool when i woke up cause i realised it was just fine and i wanted to do it again. Ive had about 2 others but theyve always been nightmares and im never in as much control as i was with dat 1st one.
Happy dreaming Love Rabbit

Hey DeadBunny! Wierd name, anyway…welcome to Ld4all (yay I got to welcome someone! hugs dead bunny) I’ve heard a lot of people saying they were scared in their first LD, glad you’re not anymore and you’re GOING TO get more! Anyway, I wasn’t scared in my first one, I ran round in a circle screaming cos I was so excited…I loved it! You should get more control, I haven’t really got that much control yet, but I DO have way more now than I used to have, so it definately gets better.

Glad you joined the forum. Welcome. :smile:

Now that you know what lucid dreaming is you will be better prepared to deal/enter act with your dreams. Don’t worry your dream control will improve quite quickly now that you know that you can change things you don’t like in your dreams.

I Look forward to hearing about your next LD.

Nothing

Lately i have been really scared in my dreams.

the other night a ufo was comming towards me and at first i tried to be cool but then it started shooting at me… i tried to wake up because i couldnt.

and also i have been scared of pidgeons…

makes me look forwad to conquering these fears

I have had a lot of nightmares, and I’ve always been scared to death by something in my dreams, I never acctualy died, not once, if anything happens to me I always find a way to get out of it, guess my will to live is just too strong :grin:

I had a nightmare the other day, what scared me was the alien from the “alien” movie, whats weired is that I haven’t ever acctualy seen that movie…I’ve just seen the alien in the ads, but as soon as I went lucid I grabed a gun and blew that mother **************************** into the next dream

mystery

That’s really weird. Just last night, I had a dream about the alien from the movie coming after me.

I don’t have traditional nightmares. I tend to enjoy those. That’s why I call them horror dreams instead. I remember one of my few LDs was a horror dream. Some terrifying beast was coming after me. I suddenly realized I was dreaming and that I didn’t feel like having my heart rate increased so I pretty much told that monster to get lost and poof it was gone. I ended up going to some happy place after that.

That is the most vivid one I can recall.

I pretty much enjoy nightmares as well, I used to be able to induce them at will, but it seems to be getting very difficult now (bummer!).

I remember all I had to do was stick my head under the covers, lie very still and start feeling ‘scared’ imagining that something horrible was in my room. After a while I got that ‘rush’, heart pounding in my ears and very aware of the ‘sound’ of silence, with that typical fear of something accompanying it…

I remember once transforming some clothes strewn over the chair into this hideous stork monster with a long neck and giant head!! :eek: hahaha

(I got to wondering after finding this forum that if what I was actually doing was starting a WILD or something… Thing is I can’t get myself scared that much anymore…)

sweet dreams… :peek:

hah that reminds me of when I randomly started sleeping on my back and it resulted in me never correctly falling asleep, I’d get very deep then get a huge rush and jolt awake, I loved it (now I hate it)

So, then after that sometimes I’d get SP and I’d love it so much because I was terrified of something that was “attacking me” but I’d know it wasn’t real, so I could just sit there totally absorbing all the adrenaline, all the while talking to myself (it was as if i almost had two selves) saying “this isnt’ real, stop freaking out”

hmm… maybe I should try and enjoy those kinds of experiences again, rather than wake myself up.

Hello !
What’s new about Castaneda’s inorganic beings and other dream monsters ? In the past, I was very afraid of the so-called “allies” ( always Castaneda terminology) and often ended a dream because I’d seen one.
Lately, I’m thinking that such monsters do not differ from classical dream monsters (those you can easily dispel in fearing not to) and I would like to know if experienced lucid dreamers think the same.
But what is strange is the fiendish feelings which go with these dreams - and that you haven’t in reality. I wonder where they come from.

probably from the amygdala :smile:

(i’ll feel stupid if i mispelled that or i’m thinking of another part of the brain)

why does he call them “allies?”

and they are usually easy to dispell with enough confidence, though lately i’ve fought this one that was really really strong, he would keep me from getting out of my body, I had to make myself happy and sing happy songs and use all my strength to get out…

who knows if they are real or not though. if they are i’m a bit worried what with the two separate instances of having a “bomb” put on my heart.

It seems to be the term used in shamanic practices. Another shamanic author, Mario Mercier, who is not related to the “Castanedian tradition” but to a siberian tradition, uses the same term.

This night I had some sort of panic attack in a dream just before I got lucid. It was really freaky and it affected my entire LD. In the LD I didn’t think that I could go outside for some reason :bored: .

And I think I could feel my body from IRL too at one point too. I was suddenly floating and I could feel something holding me up. And when I woke up for real my body was in the exact same position as when I was floating in my dream.

Btw. the only thing to be afraid of in a LD is waking up or loosing your lucidity.

A year back or so, I had a dream that I was at a funeral, when I looked in the cascut it was my body. I then had a false awakening in which there was a giant coffin in my room screaming for me to come inside. when I really did awake, I had trouble breathing.

Is it true that a person is more likely to experience OBES, after he/she have ‘learned’ how to have LD’s?

Whoah, that is scary. :help:

My scariest dream was a year or two ago when this guy in a hooded cape was judging me or something, and he was just so scary. I only have very faint memories now, but it was so scary I was practially crying once I woke up.

Some people seem say that they find it easier to OBE from a lucid dream. I practice WILD on a regular basis and I have yet to have a OBE. Now the techniques for inducing a OBE ( as I understand them) are very similar to WILD. It stands to reason that if you become proficient with one, you may find it easier to succeed with the other. However, there are plenty of techniques to induce lucid dreams that have nothing to do with OBE ‘s ( MILD,DILD ). So if you are worried about having a OBE stick with the other techniques and you will be ok.

Thanks for the answer. :smile:

It is only the MILD I have used so far.