Eyes Vibrate afta 5min of laying there focused....

Is this normal?, i know about REM, i still just see black swirls but am i focusing too hard? i try to be relaxed but when i start too look into the blackness they sorta vibrate???

i aint been lucid yet, Ive had excellant dream recall the last week, its just a matta of remembering to become lucid.

I ve read so much on the topic the last couple of weeks, and this trip shit has made me more determined to quit pot!!! i hheard of this ish like 6months ago but because i was a heavy pot smoka i had no dream recall whatso eva…, so nows the time i think.

I never remember any dreams if I smoke pot before, even if it makes more than 6 hours that im back to normal.

I’m not an expert, but I think seeing black swirls is normal, although I usually see dots of light.

That’s happened to me a couple of times. I don’t know fi it’s normal, or if it’s special or anything though…

Do you mean that your eyes flicker like you are in REM but, you are not asleep? Does it happen when you are putting yourself into a state of relaxation? Assuming the answer to both questions is yes. Then it is normal. Don’t interfere with them and try not to pay too much attention to it. They will settle down on there own.

Ok, I know what you are talking about. The eye flickering isnt normal REM, if you are just concentrating. Ive come to decide (by personal experience) that you are just trying too hard :razz:!

When I try to focus like that, my eyes start flickering as well(its uncomfortable). I know that this is not normal REM. Best thing to do is just open your eyes, relax, and re-close them and not try to hard.

Also, quit smoking pot. =/ Obvious thing to do, right there.

thanks for the replys,. cheers…

didnt think that is was special or nuthin, just wanted to know if it was normal or i was trying too hard, i, not trying hard at all though, thats what confussed me, just trying to look into the blackness like 1 method of the WILD was described to me (from the crossroads page). Milod789’s reply makes me think that it is normal, and yeah, afta a while it stops…

last night i had like three seperate dreams, and there tweak as, im lovin dreams, i havent enjoyed em for years so constantly…ive smoked pot for 9yrs and prob. had a dream (well 1 i can remeber) every 6months…just gotta get that lucid action happenin…

PEACE

K

When you are having trouble with your eyes, just concentrate on your breathing… then your eyes will settle down.

I have found that LDs killed my pot smoking, with only occasional sacks. I smoked everyday up until like 6 months ago, and I’ve only had like a half quarter once since then… lol… NOW MY DREAMS ARE CRAZY!

Good luck with your dream recall… that is probably the most important part of LDs… if you have good dream recall it means you are having vivid dreams.

Yep, it happens to me once in a while. It is not because of trying too hard though. It is normal and if you just let it go they do settle down.

Happy Dreaming

I have found that LDs killed my pot smoking, with only occasional sacks. I smoked everyday up until like 6 months ago, and I’ve only had like a half quarter once since then… lol… NOW MY DREAMS ARE CRAZY!
[/quote]

I think thats purely a placebo effect of people telling you its going to ruin your dreams. I haven’t noticed any changes.

:happy: Quit smoking~

Use common sense.

My anti drug. XD Lmfao.

Smoking tends to give me good dreams, but also makes too lazy to remember them…

As soon as I feel any part of my body vibrating, I’m so relaxed, it startles me, and I snap completely out of it. It’s usually my chest too; a big jolt, and I can’t relax again. :sad: (Over-active heart chakra methinks?) Smoking makes this sensation more noticable for me.

About the eye flickering thing, I think its just tense nerves in the eyelids trying to calm down. It used to happen to me occasionally. I got a trick that helps to stop it from happening. Close your eyes, then squint one eye tightly shut for a few seconds and then relax it. Then do the same to the other eye. After that shut both eyes tightly for a few seconds and then just relax them. Your eyes’ muscles should calm down after that and stop flickering.

You might have a point there. When ever I use progressive relaxation where you tense and relax each muscle group I never get that. It only happens (I think ) when I do the breathing meditation. I’ll have to pay more attention to it and see if that is right. Either way it is nothing to worry about your eyes will settle down quickly.

I experience this too when I am trying to WILD. It usually makes me lose focus and try to calm myself down. I don’t smoke pot before doing this either.

Smoking pot has nothing to do with it. I don’t smoke it at all and it happens to me once in a while.

Don’t try and make them calm down just ignore them and let them do their thing. They will settle down faster that way. At least that been my experience.

It happens to me, too, and I dont smoke. Im just telling him to stop, since its not healthy, period. >_>