prying open my third eye

This Chakra stuff has got my attention, can anyone tell me how to do that third eye meditation?

It all depends on if you want to do it naturally or unnaturally. There are some bwgen presets that are supposed to stimulate the third eye, but a little bit of natural third eye stimulation should be used anyway. Lay down, focus on the back of your eyelids. Make the blackness completely your vision. Focus on your breathing. Make all those little dots and swirls you naturally have go away- Just focus on the void, focus on the blackness. While doing this- Center your body so it is located in the middle of your brow. (If you have tried 61-point relaxation you will have an easier time doing this). If you feel any lift or vibrations, Go with it… Let them happen and let them be tremendous. Eventually you will see a bright white light coming from a new perspective, above your two eyes.

" Eventually you will see a bright white light coming from a new perspective, above your two eyes."

I see that sometimes, but it’s hard to see becuase it’s almost out of view? What does it mean? And is there a way to “see” out of my third eye, so that it is level up where the light is and I see the light like it is right in front of me?

I often have lots of swirly colors up in that area just out of view…

Well, i meditate fairly often, well not that often (once every 2 days for 2 hours, like 2 one-hour sessions). Thing is the white light thing above your center of ‘vision’ (the distinction of boundaries of vision tend to blur here, personally i believe that sight itself, the boundaries of the visual perception field sort of fade away in meditation), i see this all the time when im not meditating, like when im trying to get to SP from initially going to bed and riding down the complete emptiness of no-thought and no-imagery. For me it is not restricted to ‘above’ but borders on all sides of ‘sight’ except full frontal. Its annoying at times, even, distracting and provoking thought on occasion. :tongue:

When im meditating, i see this sometimes, but its like a fleeting blurred light ‘bubble’ (is that what you guys see?) just outside of my current boundaries of visual perception. Its like theres light, but just outside of my vision, except you cant measure the distance like how far i can see, its just that distance no longer exists, only boundary and like infinity in between if that makes any sense… :tongue:

But the point i wish to make is that this white light is not the opening of the third eye. In my opinion and experience of course, not yours. Though i might say for me the white light is the beginning of such (often precursor to what im leading to). Never seen the white light upfront (unless the white light is actually the boundaries of the ‘sight’ i will now describe)

What i believe is the opening of the third eye in meditation, is when i can see but with my eyes closed. Its almost like a dreamstate in that you are not really thinking, just seeing. Also, its not too focused, more blurry in a way, i believe because you are not thinking and focusing. But i swear to One that its hard to tell if your eyes are open or not if thoughts start to kick in. One time i was freaked out cuz i could see a bus, was just casually observing the bus without thought, and then i opened my real eyes and could see the bus and was terribly confused until i realized that i had opened my two physical eyes and that i was seeing through my third before opening my others. Most of the time, when my third eye is open, i can see my hands (i think cuz my head is angled downwards) but it is so dreamlike, like my hands glow a sort of well, gold but kind of orangish too. I think such is my astral form or something, and i have slight control over it (very very very slight in that it borders on thought, more i try to control the more it fades as thought and consciousness comes crashing back) It sucks tho cuz when i become aware of my third eye being open, thoughts start to return, it fades away or wavers. Thing is, im not sure what kind of consciousness i want during this state, though it would be nice to be totally conscious and normal waking (ego) thought process present so i can normally observe directly (rather than from memory), im not sure if thats even possible.

Of course, that is my own definition of what the third eye open is. :tongue:

Sentient that sounds like HI to me.

It could be third eye related since the third eye releases melatonin (and DMT?) yeah…

I know what you mean about wanting to observe it directly rather than through memory, it’s very hard.

Unless you do it in the morning at the right mindset anyway…

hmm… this just gave new meaning to the song to me

“i stick my hand into the shadows…
pull the pieces from the sand
which i attempt to reassemble
see just who i might have been
i do not recognize the vessel
but the eye looks so familiar…
like phosphorescent desert buttons
singing one familiar song”

that really just totally captures the “I just saw something but I have no idea what…” feeling… and then… trying to reach out there and bring it back…

wow.

I <3 Tool.

lol yeah! now that i think of it, it is very similar to HI, same mindset, same ‘sight’ etc. The only difference is that when im meditating, (sitting upright) what i ‘see’ is always my immediate surroundings. I had a weird idea of one day trying to have that permanent and walk around w/ a blindfold and see if it accurrately represented my surroundings…scratched it cuz i couldnt afford to be wrong, having 2000? bones and all :tongue:

Oh, another difference is that im not thinking in meditation, but when im in my bed in HI my thoughts are chaos like you would not believe.

Actually tho, im leaning towards the HI thing, youve opened my eyes to that one, to state an intentional pun. Sorry, i just had to say it! :cool:

But anyways, with the white lights thing, im still not sure if thats it either, it doesnt seem ‘deep’ enough, but then again i may just be pulling expectation phenomenon when its really right under my nose. :tongue:

Thanks all,

Do you kind of percive the back of your eyelids as … hard to describe… not 2d?

Tool rock :cool:

I think I understand what you mean, there reaches a moment when the 2d blackness of having your eyes shut suddenly transforms into a deep blackness with a 3d quality in it…

Although it isn’t quite 3d since i have seen ‘dream bubbles’. Like a universe in a universe to put it somehow(must be more than 3d)… RL sight is sadly limited for my taste…

After reading this post I got to thinking…

Whenever I focus on HI, simply fall asleep or am trying to WILD I always ‘feel’ my person centered upon this position… Does this mean that you can ‘locate’ your person somewhere else??

I can’t imagine ‘feeling’ myself anywhere else than there. How can you possibly think from your stomach? (for example)

cheers!

How the ‘eyelids’ seem depends on how deep you are. Eventually for me, it gets all weird and its like infinite darkness without dimensions (or at least beyond the 3rd). Totally forget eventually about the back of my eyelids and say whatever light is getting thru (like sunlight). Its like my eyes shut off and i start to see inside my mind or something. Very hard to describe how it progresses, its like say you have a box of constant dimensions, which is the visual field. Then that box contains 90 degrees of vision. That number increases and yet still remains in the same box (that is like say a constant 1-inch in length), like compressed field of vision, except if you ‘turn’ like in normal life the turning feels the same but the box is still there…oh man im gettin muddled trying to describe. :confused:

Its just weird, like sometimes when im sick or just in a wierd mood (dont know what triggers it honestly) like i’ll get a picture in my head (im in bed doing this) and then its like a huge picture, but contained within a very small boundary which is centered on my visual perception field or whatever it is that imagery exists in, you know that weird darkness. And then its like i’ll try to focus on the dark area around this picture, but i cant, kind of like the mouse cursor trapped in something. (lol yeah that totally fits!) :cool:

But anyways, im not too sure what it is. When im going to sleep and when i am meditating this darkness thing is totally different. Imagery comes to me when im going to sleep, while when im meditating there is nothing (which gets really bad sometimes) until i all of a sudden (black out? lol a pun) and then suddenly ‘find myself’ or ‘awaken’ conscious of this whole scene before me that tricks me into thinking i accidentally opened my eyes and just wasnt aware of it until i open them for real, hate it when that happens. :tongue:

As far as transferring vision or perception elsewhere (if thats what youre referring to?) that would be remote viewing or a sort of OBE. When i try to pull a WILD i imagine myself just getting up and doing all this stuff in detail. A friend told me about this technique. Its like you imagine what it would feel like to say hold a spoon or your towel or something, eventually it gets deep to the point to where you’ll think ‘woa the spoon or the milk is cold!’ rather than ‘this spoon is cold and ima feel its coldness’. Like the detail will start filling itself in for you to experience. I almost always end up falling asleep consciously and having a FA from there though :shy: . But anyways it seems that this technique is very similar to remote viewing, and i must say it eventually feels very real. Then again, of course it is imagining your whole body, i guess you are referring to just your field of vision or your consciousness/observance being located elsewhere? That would be remote viewing, which i dont really know how to do or have really tried actually.

Thinking though from like your stomach, heh maybe if ur hungry? No but seriously though, uh i dunno. Think of your being, sort of, like your whole body. You can feel your whole body and its warm, alive, full of energy, etc. Now oftentimes most people are just centered on their heads, not thinking of say the warm sort of energy in their hands for example. But anyways maybe you can feel the ‘being’ other than just your head. Kind of like how you might focus on say your arm and you can see how that arm constitutes you in a way, you know like somehow just by that arm you know and others would know its you, like it totally fits?

But anyways, maybe you could transfer this being feeling out of body, like look at say your mouse (i actually did this just now :tongue: ) and think of how the mouse would ‘feel’, look at the way it is shaped and think of well, i dunno i sound like a nutcase! Anyways, the mouse i was looking at looked kind of alive, like it had energy. As far as me during that, all focus was just on the mouse, trying not to think and just ‘feel’ the mouse. Hehe yeah, im crazy nods :cool:

Hmm, but thats odd, think of how different it would be? Like would the mouse have any visual field? (doubtful) or any perception or awareness (doubtful), and so i guess maybe, the transfering of ‘being’ to the mouse would consist simply of the feeling of the energy of the mouse. However now im going into personal beliefs (that underlying all things is the same sort of energy). So, yeah, insert belief disclaimer here

shutting off brain

for me what happens with my eyelids is i will lose focus and fall asleep for half a second, then when I come out, my mind is always ultra clear for like 3 seconds… and sometimes when I do that, the HI (not images, just floating colors and patterns) is so intense that I actually take my eyes and look at the back of my eyelids with an extreme focus.

and then it starts feeling weird, the eyelids feel weird, I have this huge desire to open my eyes, it’s so hard not to, and the stuff gets intense and sometimes I can sometimes see parts of my room enshrouded in the darkness (like shadows) and sometimes the blackness gets “big” but I just can’t go with it becuase i NEED TO OPEN MY EYES and… I don’t know.

I’m horrible at this, and how do you meditate Sentient? In one of your posts you said something to the effect of my mind is always chaotic with HI when I sleep, that’s how my mind always is period, but it’s not my mind, I’m just observing my unconscious mind who won’t shut up.

Sometimes my mind is to blame, but for the most part I just sit there and lose focus because I’m not thinking, and the other part of me is thinking… I can’t keep both clear.

" can sometimes see parts of my room enshrouded in the darkness (like shadows) and sometimes the blackness gets “big” but I just can’t"

That reminds me, when im going to sleep, sometimes when my eyes are open in the dark and still some light, if i stare at something the darkness spreads until it all is pitch dark. But thats totally unrelated…hmm what you describe there seems akin to remote viewing. :smile: I dont know how to help you with the desire to open your eyes, never having had such experiences myself, of course assuming you do want to not have such so you can go deeper into that ‘blackness’ thing.

For me, whether or not im meditating or just going to bed, i always seem to forget about my eyelids. Though when i think on the eyelids at first i can never stop ‘feeling’ them closed you know? Hmm, one thing when im going to bed though, eventually i will be unsure as to whether or not my eyelids are open. But when imagery starts (almost always weird purple/blue blobs that sort of blend around and dissipate, like clouds, hard to keep track of) its like im seeing inside my head and not the backs of my eyelids.

When i meditate i always work on silencing my mind. At first this was hard because i never do that, but it gets easier with practice and time, in two ways. First is when youre just starting out each session, been thinking normally all day, but then as you start to do it and catch thoughts and return to utter stillness, thoughts intrude less and you get deeper. The other way is that as the days progress it will be easier and easier to silence your mind. When i first started out silencing my mind, i found it sooo hard and now its too easy, i can do it right here sitting. The trick is in catching thoughts that try to hide their identity, like you might be thinking about silence and not even know it. After that just let such thoughts go and do not feel like ‘awww stupid thoughts!’ cuz that resentment is in itself a thought.

Thats a gift that you can consciously observe your unconscious mind. I personally feel i need to work on that to understand myself better (improving though, its hard!). But yeah, when im going to bed there is chaos, and im not conscious, so i guess that would be my unconscious. On the rare occasions that i am conscious, its like i replace my unconscious self cuz things are a lot more calm, though upon reflection i think that my unconscious migrates to the imagery itself, cuz the surroundings are chaotic, though still containing some degree of linearity when im pulling a WILD. But another thing to note when im pulling a WILD is that my conscious self has a lot less thoughts, like its more just observant and aware but not cognizant.

Hmm i just realized that in normal waking life im not too aware of my unconscious mind. Though sometimes when i meditate or just feel ‘weird’ i am aware of my unconscious mind and all the weird symbolism of such (esp while interacting with other people when im more aware, like i’ll consciously catch on their unconscious intents and symbolism and wonder if they are conscious of it, esp if it differs from whats consciously going on).

Its like a nonstop conversation though, my own unconscious. If i become aware of it its like walking into a room where theres a small party and theres a bunch of people having all these conversations, while you are listening to all of them at once and trying to make sense of it. I think that in meditation, half the time i go thru this stage and somehow pass it, and the other half i never become aware of the unconscious ‘noise’ and just skip it altogether.

Hmm, but i think that thoughts come originally from the sub/unconscious. With the conscious and aware mind silent, you can just let go of thoughts that come from the unconscious. The two of us can both benefit from the ability to tune out stuff. Personally i already have some ability here, like tuning out loud noises…which is increasing cuz with half my sessions, i am ‘training’ meditation facing a very busy street maybe 20 feet away.

But anyways in conclusion, i think the losing of focus might be just the losing of consciousness. I personally think theres a difference between conscious thoughts and just plain consciousness. Consciousness in my opinion is something like an awareness or observance without thought or interpretation.

yes the losing of focus is the losing of consciousness, but how am i supposed to meditate if i lose consciousness? That’s the same as sleeping for a fraction of a second at a time.

Maybe if it could last for a minute or two that would be nice though but the thing is it isn’t quiet in my head when I’m unconscious, which leads me to

"
Thats a gift that you can consciously observe your unconscious mind."

No, I can’t. Observing it makes me lose consciousness, but in a weird way I am sort of detachedly there, I’m just not aware of it until I come back.

Hehe, Sentient, whenever you mention something wierd that happens to you I think 'Hey yeah! I get that all the time.

But really, I did that third eye thing. That is INSAAAANE! I couldn’t see anything but I got MAJOR chi off it. It felt as if I had activated it or something, and now I feel this awareness or connection to my third eye. It was very useful, thanks.

Can you do this with all chakras?

"yes the losing of focus is the losing of consciousness, but how am i supposed to meditate if i lose consciousness? That’s the same as sleeping for a fraction of a second at a time. "

Basically what im saying is just the silencing of the mind. Consciousness is the awareness and perception and observance, without thought, and that is what i try to stay in. I dont know if it is the same as sleeping, because with sleep im not even aware at all. I think the difference here is that with sleeping, its more like playing a part in a movie, as opposed to watching it, detached from it, away from it.

“No, I can’t. Observing it makes me lose consciousness, but in a weird way I am sort of detachedly there, I’m just not aware of it until I come back.”
To me it sounds like youre just unconscious there. Are you sure you arent observing it so much as actually ‘being it’, so to speak? Sort of like what i said above about a dream where you are more into it and a part of it, Caught up in it, is what im trying to say.

But then again, i dont think going thru the unconscious noise is really necessary. If such is necessary, i think i automatically tune such out. Oh, another thing is that whenever i do become aware of my unconscious in normal full waking life, im still pretty conscious and thinking, or in other words my ego present. However, in the presence of my unconscious, i (my ego) feel quite insignificant and like i cant really do anything, that the unconscious is what really directs things. It gets worse sometimes, like an intricate web of unconsciousnesses that communicate and influence each other, with my ego feeling ever smaller.

But anyways, im not saying that meditation is losing of consciousness, just the halting of thought (including disguised ones that are like youre thinking of silence, etc).

“But really, I did that third eye thing. That is INSAAAANE! I couldn’t see anything but I got MAJOR chi off it. It felt as if I had activated it or something, and now I feel this awareness or connection to my third eye. It was very useful, thanks. Can you do this with all chakras?”

Hmm, well now im leaning half on that it is HI and half on that it is third eye. Yes, now that i think of it i do feel a sort of awareness or connection to it, like now that ive experienced it, i know it more. Thanks for that insight. As far as chi and chakras go, i dont really know much about that stuff. I know that chi is a sort of energy? (which i do feel or sort of ‘see’, or feel as being so to speak when im going thru the third eye thing). But even when im just detachedly observing darkness (without imagery/sight) its like the inside of my head, more ‘deep’ is what im looking for…I know that chakras are like 7 spots going in a line vertically down the middle of your body, and that the third eye is one of them. Thats all i know about them though. :tongue:

Here’s a weird thing. When I’m focusing on the third eye spot i can “feel it” a lot stronger when im breathing in then when im breathing out.

…which makes me think there’s nothign magic about it, but rather that I’ve become hyper senstive to mt breath or something

I’ll have to agree with Hypo. I’ve tried focusing on my third eye many times and each time I felt strongly something on my forehead. Its just that…sometimes it seems to be more on the left of my forearm. I don’t think chakras can move, so I think its only my imagination that cause that tingling feeliong in my forehead. Anyway, I find the third eye a good focus point when WILDing

First time I did it i felt something on my solarplexus(spelling).

i’ve been trying this lately (cos of this thread :wink: cheers hendrix) and have managed to feel an intense pinching/creasing of skin(sorry, best description at the mo) feeling where my 3rd eye should be and always in the exact same spot)
when i get it i check that my eyes and forehead are relaxed so i’m pretty sure it’s 3rd eye related rater than a physical stress point

but i can’t seem to go further, anyone got tips on what to do next?

i opened my third eye (supposedly) in a dream last night… it wasn’t an LD but I was using dream powers…

there was some sort of dying puppy and I was trying to heal it… or something… I put balls of white light in it, it was weird, all transparent and stuff, I don’t know…anyway, then I noticed a stream of white light coming out of my heart chakra (i think) and so I put more white light into me, and then into my third eye, and it kind of "opened’ and everything got his sort of whitish hue over it, and things looked a bit different… it was odd.

prior to falling asleep I had manage to isolate the ringing (not like tinnitus, it’s like REAL ringing, inside your mind, not in your ears) in my third eye… it was pretty intense and made me get drowsy and stuff.

I’ve decided that is probably the best way to try to induce sleep or WILD, just work with being able to hear the tone for longer and longer at a time… your mind has to be pretty clear to do it though.

I seem to be able to do this [open my third eye] very easly. it seems to just come natrual to me. But one other weird thing. When I press my palms against my closed eyes I actually get visions that MAKE SENSE!! They are sometimes large geometric plains with vivid colors, but ALWAYS after the basic shapes pass I see (very clearly) a lumenescent ring with usually five animals. I just did it and before the five animals showed up a dragon’s head breathing fire in a circle appeared (this is the first time this has happened) So what is going on?