The Big "Hi, I'm new here!" Topic X

Hey all, Traditional im new here post comming up.

Ive been working on my Dream Recall since saturday. I first got interested in LDs when i had quite a major one a few months back. It was odd as i knew i was in the dream and i knew i could do what i wanted but i let myself go with the flow and got some really weird Dejavu.

Of course i didnt know what it was untill i foudn this site.

Dream recall has been quite hard for me. Saturday night i recalled one dream. sunday i recalled none, monday i recalled none. Tuesday i remembered my dream then forgot it before i could write it down. and last night i remembered a sentance from my dream, and that i was said to me by someone.

Ive adapted the exercise though and im hopping to do a bit better tonight.

Anyway… hello :smile:

Hello cblade, :wave: a traditional hello back :tongue:
Good Luck with your dream recall, with a little effort it should improve shortly. Have you started keeping a dream journal yet? It would help you focus on remembering your dreams.
There seems to be a lot of Uk members joining ld4all recently. (or it’s just that I spot the location more. :wink: )

Hi!
I’m new to lucid dreaming too. I started doing a dream journal recently and since then, my dream recall has since improved. I can’t wait to have my first LD! This site is great by the way and has given me loads of inspiration.

Hello dreamergirl, some of the dream journals here are very inspiring. I see you are from the UK too, so it isn’t my imagination. :tongue:
Have fun reading and before you know it you will be having fun in lucid dreams! :wiske:

Welcome

cblade and dreamergirl :partying_face:

Thanks for the welcome :smile:

Yup, i started a dream diary on monday night, im gonna try waking up at around 6 hours after ive fallen asleep tonight to see if i remember anything then. Then ill repeat my mantra of:

“i will wake up after each dream, remember it and write it down”

I also do the thing with the water.

Last night i think i dreamed about how weird it would be to do the Reality Checks and actually find out i was lucid. however i cant remember the details.

I consider that a small sucess :smile: hopefully it will go better tonight

I welcome all new members @ ld4all! Wish u much fun and luck in exploring the world of lucid dreaming :happy:

Same here: welcome to all new members! :happy: :ok:

ditto! Welcome to everyone! I hope you like it here! ( I sure do! )

Thanks for the welcome everyone, you’ve especially made me feel a home :smile:

i somehow feel it my duty to post in this thread, as i am indeed a newcomer…

strange… nothing happened…

oh! i was just hungry… so that’s why i was feeling so wierd :tongue:

That’s because it’s an anticlimax. you have already had the fame, adoration :adored: , applause, fireworks and celebration in the 3000th member topic :tongue:

Welcome to ld4all Kimius. :grin:

well…I’m not very new here, but i’m finally back after a long period of not being here, so hello again everyone :tongue:

Welcome back. :smile:

Welcome back Brad. I remember you because you are famous as you started the ld4all photo gallery topic. :grin: It’s good to see that you have returned. :content:

heh, thanks. is the photo album still going on somewhere?

Yes Brad it’s still going strong. it’s upto part IV now and can be found here
https://community.ld4all.com/t/new-photo-gallery-part-iv/8658

The latest collage is here
web.infoave.net/~oakleyj/ld4all/group_4th.jpg

Hello. I have been interested in dreams and have read few books on this, and a friend told me about this, very interesting and hope i can learn. I remember my dreams pretty much every night, but sometimes i forget them during the day. i didn’t know that i could control them. i just would like to know …is it scary? like a bad dream? even in good situations, could you describe the feeling??

Hi maidyn! Welcome to the forum :happy:

LDing can be weird and very confusing in the beginning, but this feeling is quickly replaced by happy feelings. Nothing to be scared of :smile: A LD isn’t like a bad dream, but when you become lucid during a nightmare, you have the power to change the nightmare into a happy dream for instance. You can do whatever you want. But it takes practice ofcourse :smile:

Hm you want to know how it feels to become lucid? If you’re non-lucid, you don’t have actual feelings on your own. Everything you perceive is controlled by another external player. You’re like a puppet, controlled by the puppet master. Only when you become lucid, you are the one in control. You’ve broken the connections with the puppet master. Now you have complete control over your dream ego, complete freedom. And this feeling is just great :content: It’s hard to explain if you haven’t experienced it yourself yet, but once you’ve had a LD, you know exactly what I’m talking about.

Happy dreaming! :smile:

whoa! it’s gotten so big since I left…that’s nuts. Well, it’s good to see that it’s still up and growing. There are lots of new faces I don’t recognize, which is a good thing i suppose. So how has everyone been?