"EWLD" and "LD in 30 Days" books

I bought both EWLD and Lucid Dream in 30 Days. They will arrive today and I was wondering which is better suited for a beginner to read first.

Read either. I don’t think it matters. EWLD has plenty of introduction, and lots of nice anecdotes. I would expect the second book (from the title) to be for beginners too (actually, I can’t imagine an “advanced LD” book selling…)

Oh… and read the wikibook, too! (See my signature)

actually i’ve just read a book that u could learn lucid dreaming in 30 days, im not sure its the same as u’ve ordered thoug.
But i found it pretty hard to get throug the book as u needed to do some useless and advanced stuff. Like going around in the city in rags and pretend ur a bum in a dream (IRL)… i’d prefer following the much more simpler techniques/advice thats on ld4all.com
hehe just for a warning :grin:

Well I have read both books and I think:

=> Lucid dreaming in 30 days is a very structured step by step book. However, I think some of the exercises in there are necessary. In week one, I would just worry about keeping a dream journal and working on your dream recall. I did not bother with most of the other week one exercises. But if you see one that interests you by all means do them.

=> EWLD - is also a great book. It is also is a step by step guide but, is less structured than lucid dreaming in 30 days. EWLD also contains a lot of scientific information about lucid dreams and dreams in general.

I think you should read them both. Perhaps lucid dreaming in 30 days might be the best start since it is smaller and you could easily read it in one or two nights. That way you would have a good overview of lucid dreaming before starting your practice.

Another good book is “creative dreaming” by Patricia Garfield

Well I decided to start EWLD first because I’m more drawn to the documentary-like appeal of it. The other one still looks good though. I haven’t even gotten to any instructional parts of it but I had another LD last night, so as long as it gets me focused before sleep then it works for me.

Sounds good. Some people do not like the structured format of lucid dreaming in 30 days. You will definitely get a lot more background information in EWLD. Both books teach basically the same techniques. But, definitely read them both as there are some differences between the two.

BTW- Congratulations on your LD’s