I can Never Remember...

When i wake up from a dream i am so used to just going back to sleep or getting up and doing whatever, and i have trouble remembering to write down my dream, i know its best to write it down imediately, but i normally don’t remember to write it down untill i have forgotten most of it.

What should I do? :confused: :help:

If you have the time, don’t get out of bed as soon as you wake up. Try to lie still for a while and think about the dream. Try to put it into words. It is much easier that way. Dreams are a different “language” than the one we use IRL. If you don’t have time to write the dream down at once, you could still write down a couple of short words. The whole dream might come back to you when you read the words later.

Sometimes when I go to bed, the dreams from last night will suddenly come back into memory. :cool:

oh ok thanks i’ll try that

You’re like me then.

I find it easy to get up to write down a LD (though I once made the mistake of not bothering, and fell asleep before I coudln change my mind - I regretted it in the morning).

However, ND’s I have trouble writing down if I wake up. Mainly cos I prefer not to - it keeps me awake, and I have trouble getting back to sleep afterwards.

yeah and then you just forget it all, i mean i actually want to write them down but i just forget. maybe i need to find a shiny object top habg above my head to remind me to write it down or something… :cry: