Sleep Headphones

well, i created a nice mix of music that will relax me yet keep me awake for me to listen to as i begin to relax before drifting off into sleep… the only problem is, that the headphones i use hurt my ears when i turn my head any which way on my pillow… and i cant sleep straight on my back, so every time i begin to nod off and my body naturally moves, my ears begin to ache and i wake back up, or i just take the headphones off before im relaxed.

my question to you all is this.

are there any special headphones designed to fit comforatably to the head without bulging out? is there any home-made way to make my headphones not hurt my ears?

i know some of you are going to say “just take off the headphones and use the stereo”

i cant do this for two reasons.

1. my room is too close to other peoples rooms.
  2. headphones allow me to hear beautifull sounds that are embedded into the music, such as the faint atmospheric twang in certain guitar parts.

hope i am not beating a dead subject.

thanks.

I have this problem too.
Everytime I fall asleep with them I wake up with my ears hurting and I get so irritated. Good for WBTB though…

Anyway, I’ve heard that there are music-pillows often used by people with tinnitus. This is what I found:

ccrane.com/soft_speaker.asp

And, perhaps those things that are like headphones but with no head thingy and with a hook to place behind your ear, are less painful?

headphones also damage your hearing…

you don’t know how precious it is until it starts dwindling away…

i’d recommend using them as queitly as possible and only rarely (like once a week) have them “loud”

my ears feel clogged up 24/7 so it might not be hearing damage just inner ear problems that aren’t “fixable” (according to doctors) … though… so I’m not sure… I do know I show tendencies of hearing damage with with concerts, headphones (for years, i don’t like using the stereo either) and guitar playing.

if you can position the stereo around your head you really can hear all the little intricate things headphones give you at reasonable volumes, and it also makes you sort of hear your familiar music in a very different way, too.

just something to think about… I"m only 18 and I’m very dissatisfied with my hearing.

i am 18 as well, i dont listen to music loud when i am ready for rest because that would keep me TOO awake.

the only problem i see with that pillow speaker is that its only 1 speaker.

i like to have music going into both of my ears to get the full effect, yes im picky, but it has alot to do with comfort. thanks for the link though.

Sony make some headphones that fit right into your ear canal and are very soft and comfortable. I often leave them in all night (with a headphone extention lead so they don’t pull out if you turn over)and they don’t bother me at all. The exact model is Sony MDR-EX71SLB Fontopia.