Permanent Dream Worlds?

This is kind of being talked about in the end of Ureons thread that asks what people dreamed over the weekend, but I’d like a thread soley dedicated to it.

Do you think it’s possible that static (by which I mean they exist always, and are not confined to your head) dream worlds exist?

If so, how would we find them, how would we differentiate between them and the real world?

Would thinking you are in a dream world cause the characters to behave much more really and individually than thinking everything around you was fake? Would that result in a sort of continuity when you go back in the future, familiar DCs still remember you, etc…?

I’ve had two experiences, very odd ones at that, granted the first one happened right after reading about Ureon’s dream world, but anyway… there is some continuity in my dreams now.

-several times I have been told about my brothers “husband” only my brother is referred to as a 'she" … i don’t get it.
-i met a DC named Amanda John Connor
-today something told me my brothers “husband” was name Sarah Connor
-the DCs in the dream world I visited don’t like me, I’m some sort of wanted criminal I think.
-I had a DC take me to a radio tower affiliated with the dream operator (you know, calling one up on the phone) but i woke up before i got there, and the next day in a dream I decided to blow up a radio tower, while not even thinking about the dream operator at all…

The more I think about it, the more I see continuity throughout my dreams… I’m not sure what it means… I do suppose just thinking that dreams can be a continuous experience could make it happen… so… I’m here asking you all for your opinions.

Here are my relevant entries on the dream world I visited, the name I got for it today was something akin to duality 6, or… P something 6… it had a 6 at the end… I tricked a street sign into pointing me into the dream world, it turned red and had that name on it.

Also, there is a lot of continuity to be noted in todays entry, the 19th, the theme of camp, as well as another mention of a Connor…

[color=green]this an extremely important dream, it seems.

I’m lucid and I’m trying to contact my teacher, again, maybe she doesn’t sleep during these hours? Hmm… well anyway someone started calling me, I was in this forest and there was this fort with these shiny lights and stuff, I swooped down, and there were these old ladies that apparently knew me.

They wanted to take me somewhere, we went to this rollercoaster, and it was like we entered an ancient dream I once had I immediately recognized the ride, and I was like “Hey, I dreamed this before!” we waited for a train to pass and they guided me to this stretch of “track” … now this track looked like a monster, kind of like the themeing they have on nemesis… anyway… they rip part of it off and tear the wires off, the ride therefore, shuts down, not running us over, there are some random girls by us and they are yelling at us and trying to fix the ride… I"m like “don’t, we’ll get run over!” the old ladies take me up and we sit in these purple bus seats, like on a disney bus… and off we go… we arrive in this destiatnation and they are like “we need bus 14” or maybe it was 13 “not, 28” and the bus driver was trying to go to 28, and I asked them if I should fight him, they said yes…so I was screaming at him 14!!! 14!!! but his number… it might have been 18… I think… actually, it was bigger than mine and I couldn’t over power him, we slam into this bus and time almost freezes, very slowly we spin and crumble and crunch, and then we hit a gasoline truck, it explodes, everyone is on fire…

well I wasn’t too fond of that, so I just kind of “stopped” the fire and we walked out past the flaming gasoline truck…

We were in this new world… I don’t know what or where it was, but they told me that it was a PERMANENT dream world… for like… I guess… lucid folks… I dont’ know… I was overwhelmed by this and constantly asking questions, most of which weren’t properly answered…

So… let me try and rememebr what it looked like, I remember it looked kind of like my idea of Spain… and I remember flying toward a Spanish looking building, but that may have been before I ever met the old ladies…at any rate, I believe there were 3 of them, and they were in black, only one was really communicating with me, and she looked like the old lady/witch from Mulholland Drive…

I asked them if they were witches, they laughed and said no…

they took me into this sensory deprivation “booth” it was kind of like built into a large truck, it closed up and we were in blackness, they told me to stay calm… the point was imagining stuff I guess… I got a sort of electricity feeling and I turned it into Tool’s (-)ions and pretty soon I saw this kid and the electrcity was pulsing around him, then I made it jump into third eye, we were opening all these doors everywhere, and it was loosely in time with the music… it was kind of creepy, I wanted to see Tool performing and eventually got it to pan to a stage… they were cartoonish but they were all there…

there was also a string player and Justin happened to be playing an acoustic bass, actually I’m not sure if I saw Danny or not…

then the guy who is leading this starts turning on his own effects, which are trippy, and kind of kill my imagined scene… so… then he starts talking to us, he shows us a girl that was attacked by an alligator, the point of this whole show was to overcome fears or something, and he talks about how her stomach was severely damaged and how she was probably going to die, or something… it was not pleasant to watch… then he started talking about hell, he didn’t want any of us to be afraid of it…

When it ended we got out and I talked to them, asked more questions… they said this place was indeed permanent… I got the notion that I could possibly stay here forever and not be in my body, but if I wanted to go back to it, I would jump into it and it would be in the future… like there are two mes, I can choose which to be…

There was this ice cream stand… and some black man was handing out ice cream cones… I didn’t understand how you had to pay for them though… he said he was doing this to provide fun for everyone there, and that you could purchase goods in this realm that loosely transfered over to the REAL WORLD… and that anything you own in here is stored, forever, so you have consistancy when you go back…

There were ads for a master card or something pinned up to the stand, and everyone around me said I really needed to get one… it was worth it… I didn’t understand… if I spent money here would I loose any real money I owned in real life? Could I cheat and summon money?

I decided to summon a segway, and I rode aronund on it, some people commented on it looking a bit shoddy…

oh yeah before I went to the stand this girl randomly went up to me, locked eyes, and kissed me…

so anyway… we go into this building, and someone says I should be in my dorm room, and I’m like “do we all have dorm rooms?” and people were looking at me like I was stupid… there were these elevators, but, it also seemed like a subway system… some asian bellhop guy was in front of one and I started asking him questions, he got mad at me and started blasting away at me… so I had no choice but to fight back, and I was running and putting shields up around me, at one point I set him on fire… and eentually I ended up in this elevator and I was asking people what was going on, why he attacked me, and stuff…

the elevator wasn’t working right, the numbers were wrong, and everything, and it just kept going and going and going… this sort of bald black man appeared in some sort of visual space and he said something about how I was going to have to go to hell for attacking that man… that I had “two blue heads” or two blue … somethings… against me…

the elevator opened and I was in this orange stairway, a few girls ran up it and toward the elevator, I asked them how they got out of hell, and they said they had to stay for a while before they could leave…

So I start descending the stairs, and there is this little air vent looking thing, I yell through it “is anyone there?” and I hear muffled screams coming back at me…

there’s no way in hell (pun intended) i’m going to go down any further… I suppose I exit, or wake up…

I talked to these ladies and I told them I wanted them to come back for me soon in dream, to take me back here, and the one lady that was even really talking looked very happy to hear that.

This was so weird… I don’t know what to make of it.[/color]

[color=purple]So… I sort of get in a brief wild, having missed a clearly hour or longer dream segment due to all that FAing and confusion I had with the previous dream… and I’m at my grandparents, and some little kids are there, and one goes swimming and then the entire yard floods, I’m trying to drain the water out, and I’m worried their dog is going to drown,w hen I get it all fixed the dog is fine, and there are like 3 different versions of it… they are upset about the flooding and my grandma lost some small pieces of paper that for some reason had importance to her.

I make her a “Magic wand” by slapping energy inside of a stick, and tell her to go around looking for it, and told her how to teleport herself back… then I go off and I ask to go to the dream world I mentioned an entry or two up…

well I step out of their yard and I’m there, and it looks so familiar, though it doesn’t look like it did last time, it was just a dream memory familiarity… there was lots of asian architecture and stuff… I’m in a sort of arcade and people are walking up to talk to me, but then once they see me they abruptly stop and say never mind… no one will talk to me, and I’m demanding to know why…

I summon up a mirror and look in it and I look normal, and this guy is like “no, that’s the old you” and I see this old bearded man, kind of like Sean Connery, in the mirror… and I’m like “is that what i look like” and he didn’t really think so, he said I had a blackish beard.

so apparently these guys are really mad at me, I’m wanted by them, or something, for murder… this guard comes up and starts hassling me and I kept telling them I didn’t do anything, but they said I was a murderer… and all the people are kind of medieval like in a way, the guard definitely is… he’s like “fine i’ll kill you” and he stabs me, instantly waking me up…

I re-enter and I’m telling them that all I did was defend myself from that other guy… but he says I have to go to jail… I wake up, re-enter, in a jail cell of sorts, and demand to see a lawyer… and the witch that first led me here… I wake up, and cannot re-enter.

This is really weird stuff… due to my expectations of it being a real world I can see why they would still be after me, but I don’t know…

okay I’m remembering more things, this guy, maybe the guard, he told me that he had showed me something in his demonstratoin, like, maybe the one in the sensory deprivation booth… and it related to why everyone wouldn’t talk to me and the guy I supposedly killed… I asked him what I was being charged with and he said “murder, hypnos…” and something else.[/color]

although I am not going to read all that, I will state that when we dream i believe we go to the astral plane.

What is a astral plane?

Thanks.

The Astral plane is another plane of existance. when we practice astral projection that is where we project our astral bodies. i see it as just a higher plane of existance.

Interesting stuff.
I’d like to think of the dream world as another, possibly real, world. That’s the only way I can see permanent dream worlds happening. Though I’m not sure how much I actually believe it, I know I WANT to but…
MEH.

Yeah i know what you mean… I just think of the dream world as the astral plane. that being another like, dimension that we can learn to travel to. there has to be some kind of wall that separates the real world and the dream world. maybe we can only see the dream world through our astral eyes perhaps? hehe I know I know, my imagination is outta control.

Well if in my dreams there is a permanent dream montreal, I’ll tell those dream guys they have a pretty lousy bus system. Personnaly, I think you want it to be real, and your subconcious turns it real opr something like that…

Again we would need to go down to very definition of “reality” and “fake”.I personally think that worlds we enter during sleep are as real as the one we`re living in.Just because they change up to what we think does not make them fake yet.I know its more the question of beliefs than a fact…but my experiences tell me to think this way.

yeah, the problem is there is no way of knowing

if you can control a DC, it could mean they are fake, it could mean they were real but you replaced them with a replica created by your mind… it could mean they were unreal but others are real to begin with.

it could mean you are exerting mind control upon them, like i’m sure if someone could lucidly enter this world we live in they could do all sorts of crazy stuff to us.

hence me being charged with “hypnos” by that guard.

so, it doesn’t really prove or disprove anything, your mind could just be polluting the “realness” of a dream world with it’s own expectations, and likewise, there could be planes that are entirely real and planes the exist in your head, and in between.

i do know my dream content is heavily influenced by daily activities though.

It could also mean that some DC are real people and others arn’t, like maybe some you have created and others are actual people in the dream world…

just a thought…

yeah I think that too, but I kind of want to believe that some DCs are entirely “real” but live in the dream world… I’m not sure what purpose they serve but maybe we live in the dreams of other beings, who knows.

Maybe they are only real by like, collective thought, kind of like how supposedly if a group of people think about a location they make up a lot, it starts to exist somewhere.

I kind of don’t like that idea, it could mean that you could randomly be born into a horror movie and life in it’s universal laws… lol

who knows… maybe it’s more of a mental plane where we take on the roles of different fictional characters… i know i’ve dreamed about being a vampire before, I think, maybe.

A suggestion was made earlier in the thread (which hasn’t been broadly elaborated on since) that a constant (or static) dreamworld would depend on a dedicated, pre-existing, alternate plane of existence. I’m not going to dismiss the idea that such a place exists (who am I to say?), but I don’t see why it wouldn’t be possible for a consistent dreamscape to exist entirely within your local imagination. It might not be perfectly stable at all times (then again, no dream is, higher plane of existence or not), but surely you could still develop a persistent geographical map to appoint as your regular dreamscape. Granted, it may require a substantial level of control to create the world to your precise specifications each visit, but I’m sure that’s not beyond the capabilities of an experienced dreamer.

I used to be totally enthralled in creating detailed worlds when I was younger (heh, sign of an introvert). I was forever drawing pictures and maps, and writing descriptions of my creations - but the representation I had in my mind was always infinitely more refined. Sure, I may have a much more direct influence over my waking imagination than I do my subconscious, but there’s no reason why I shouldn’t be able to visit, and even expand, these existing world models in a lucid dream. Just another goal of mine.

Id like to think that some of the DCs are real people that live within out dreams-imagine the life! and if we could have a constant dream world that we would return to easily each night, kinda like the lucid crossroads idea…

-me too

Maybe its more of a playground for us…where we learn that indeed our thoughts and desires can have creating effect.There might be more worlds behind dreaming world,and i guess there propably are.Maybe we need to go through it and learn about consequences of what we think or want to be able to take next step up.

surprisingly all the authors who mention the word Astral have different designations. Of the 7, astral is the first. Between the first and physical I am guessing are innumerable etheric, imaginary/mental/shared-mental, and vibrational reflections which easily confuse anyone.

Well put Pilot!:slight_smile:

could you elaborate on that?

I read the whole post. Seems Interesting…

i tried to make a dream world today, I didn’t know what to do and made an apartment complex… it had staff which i briefly “interviewed” and asked them if they wanted to be doing what they were doing, all of them did except one guy, so i let him do something else.

it wasn’t too interesting… I would have started sooner but my friend wasn’t interested in it, I guess he disappeared or I got bored so I started right before I woke up.

kinda like a SIM game? sounds like a cool idea