Lucid Touchdown Dance!

A weird idea out of nowhere, but you may already know the question by the thread name.

Do any of you, upon becoming lucid, ever have some sort of ritual thing that you do? (like how football players have a unique dance they do upon scoring a touchdown)

What i do upon being lucid is sort of stand there, or grin, glowing on the fact that i am luciiiiiiiid. Actually i guess it doesnt count, considering i do it half the time (at least until the all-too-familiar battle for stability). Though what i picture/would like to do upon becoming lucid, is just walk casually (like maybe hands in pockets), while thinking of what i want to do or stabilizing. :tongue:

Usually, there are two ways of becoming lucid to me:

I get lucid and immediately go straight up into the air. I can’t control it, it happens before I am really in charge. When I manage to take control I either hang in the air like ten metres above ground, or I spiraling move down. I often loose the dream through FA or real awakening.

No matter where I am, I teleported into the room were I lived most of my life. From there, I usually jump through the closed window to leave the house, fly down to the ground and start exploring.

Sometimes I also go lucid without flying or teleporting, though :wink:

I have a couple of standard rituals I find myself doing when the magical realization eventually sinks in. Not including my unwitting reaction to the initial burst of excitement, either. :wink:

The first one, after calming myself down, is a kind of “status check”. I try to remain still for a moment while I survey the immediate surroundings and measure my control over the dream. Many of my earlier LDs were ended shortly after they began, simply because I didn’t take the time to strengthen them. All it takes is a few seconds of idle observation, and you’ll notice the world become more sharp and clear before your eyes.

When I think of it, and usually directly after the first little “ritual”, I also try to fail a common reality check. I’m certainly well aware of my condition by this stage, but I find it’s still worthwhile to perform the RC anyway, and observe its unexpected outcome. It helps to build my level of control over the dream, and I guess it also kinda makes it all official.

Nothing unusual or exciting, but I guess those classify as post-realization standard procedure. :smile:

I don’t do anything like that when I become lucid. If I did any kind of touchdown dance it would be when I woke up from a lucid dream. As a little celebration. Heh.

My lucid touchdown dance is basically, “Whoa, I’m dreaming!” followed by me dashing through my house, out the door, and down my driveway so I can fly away. It is pretty much the same every single LD. I should really learn to mix it up, though I do know the habit has been known to induce lucid dreams of their own accord. SCORE! (Pun intended.) :smile:

Hehe, thats pretty cool that you got natural flying in an LD! With experience, you’ll probably be able to control it first thing, with flying being your natural way of getting around. My LD’s oftentimes end w/ an FA, and its annoying cuz i always miss the FA’s! :tongue:

I wish i could do that every time i became lucid, hehe. I always seem to forget, like i’ll get an idea in my head and totally forget about stability and whatnot - only to be crushed later on by it. Whenever i do remember to calm myself down, check out my surroundings, increase stability, i know what you mean by how everything becomes more sharp and clear: its like you can see more and perception/lucidity is up. Hmm, if only i could make that my dance, so to speak. :tongue:

Hehe, reading that i thought that was neat. That would probably be your little touchdown dance thing, like getting that feeling that it is official and then going onto whatever it is you wanted to do w/ the LD.

We all probably have a little celebration that we do upon awakening from an LD. :smile: Personally, i just lay there and grin for a minute or so, hehe, pullin recall and puttin it all together if its jumbled.

Hey, whatever works! :tongue: I think its awesome that you actually have a dreamscape that induces LD’s. Here’s most of us trying just outside techniques, when you on the other hand have a nice, self-maintenance setup within your sub-c. :smile: I guess that would be one of the perks of LD’ing for 4 years, huh. :tongue:

Sometimes I do, sort of, especially if it’s been several days since my last LD. I’ll stop on the ground and clap my hands. This actually is more for helping to stabilize the dream, though.

Hehe monitor i think i know that feeling. If i havent been lucid for a few days hint hint sub-c and i become lucid, i usually go like ‘yes!’ and sort of nod my head once, grinning, pretty exited hehe. Tho this may contribute to the usual wavering afterwards, sometimes i just cant help myself when something really good happens. :smile: Thats hella nice that your ‘happiness’ actually serves for stability as well, hehe.