The BIG Brainwave Generator topic part III

I didn’t find that theta preset very helpful, by the way. I tried that some time ago.

Hello all,

The first thing that comes 2 my mind is that the brainwave generator must be a great way to do a WILD.
The generator will take you in to a sleep mode, while you concentrate on a background noise to stay awake.

I mean, just sleep a couple of hours, wake up and than do the WILD thing, with the generator…

So is there a WILD preset?

I found my own answer!!!

The following topic does cover it very well:
https://community.ld4all.com/t/brainwave-generator-a-file-i-found-that-worked/9699

Sound really great ill try it as soon I can burn the preset on a CD.

Here, go to google.com and search BrainWave Generator Crack. Click on the 3rd link that is there and look for the BWG crack.

listen to them :smile:

Watch it, this forum doesn’t welcome piracy. Better edit that out…

Play it with a standalone cd mp3 player. Or use an mp3 memory stick if you prefer.

will mp3 compression retain all the right frequencies? mp3 compression works by cutting out the frequencies that humans can’t hear. i suppose though, bwgen uses only the frequencies that we CAN hear. therefore… ignore my original comment. lol :smile:

Yes it works just the same because the important frequencies aren’t cut out at all. In case of doubt you can try encoding with the option ‘keep all frequencies’.
I think it’s more of what you believe (about it) which will have an effect. If you think it’s effective, then it works better and more often.

I’m having some problems. I want to try some of the lucid dreaming plugins for the Brainwave Generator, but there are a few problems.

1. The one that I want to try is like 8 hours long or something (I forgot what it was called). But, the headphone jack on my computer doesn’t work, which means I would have to burn it onto a CD. A regular CD can’t hold 8 hours of music, of course. I do have a CD player that can play MP3 CD’s though…So I thought about exporting the brainwave file to .wav, then converting it to .mp3. But…I’ve heard of problems with the conversion, like the file doesn’t work as well or something. Anybody know of a way that I could convert it (like which bitrate is the best) and have it work the same?

2. Does anybody have any hints on how to get headphones to stay on your head while sleeping? I always have that problem, of them not staying on my head. I’ve tried ear…buds(?) too, but no luck.

I don’t know the answer of your first question except that mp3 works as good as wav, if you choose separated channels.

The second question: try “sport earphones”. They have a loop to have behind the ear so it stays on. It does hurt a bit though, but I don’t think you can avoid that with any earphones…

I got a program to convert wav to mp3, and I selected 320 kpbs and Stereo (like Clark suggested on his preset at bwgen.com), but how do I know if I got separated channels or not?

Or, (I feel really stupid with all this) is stereo separated channels? When I go to look at the properties of the file, it says “Channels: 2.”

Hey,

Been reading a lot lately about BrainWave Generator and saw that a lot of people seemed to have success with it to varying levels, so decided to download it myself from bwgen.com.

My problem is, i cant seem to get it to install. When i double click the exe file it comes up with a box which reads ‘please wait while setup is initiating’, with three buttons - setup, cancel and about of which setup is greyed out and unclickable - but nothing happens. I’ve waited for a long time just incase it takes a while to work, but im fairly experienced with computers and exe files so i know that it’s unlikely.

The second thing i tried was to extract all the files myself, but the only one that my computer would recognise was one that, when clicked, it said would change my internet settings. The Zip files included also said, when clicked, that componants were missing.

Also tried downloading an earlier version but, alas, couldnt find one.

Anyone have any idea why it wont work? I know its more likely to be something to do with my comp than the file being dodgy, but i cant think of what to do.

A couple of quick thoughts here;

1. Did you try re-downloading the file? It sounds like it could be corrupted.

2. Could there be some spy-ware or mal-ware rolled into this thing? :eek:
    I can’t imagine what legitimate reason an audio program could have to access your internet settings. Spy-ware and mal-ware however, are notorious for it. Plus, they also tend to damage your computer’s performance and stability.

I would suggest you find another source for this program, or failing that see if you can identify and delete the suspect sub-programs. Perhaps the program will still work, without them.

Another suggestion is to down-load and install

LavaSoft’s Ad-Aware https://www.lavasoft.de/,
and
Spybot Search & Destroy https://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

These are free-ware, and are good mal-ware removal tools, that together between them get a majority of these nasty little programs off of your computer. Note that some “free” programs will no longer work after removing the “pay-load”, but if it’s a program that you have reason (after checking it out) to trust (eg. Eudora’s free-version full email program) you can except it from the scanning/removal process.

Thanks for your responce, unfortunately i’d already tried what you suggested and neither option threw anything up so i have no idea what the hell is wrong.

I’ve re-downloaded the file from various sites, and i’ve run spy-ware programmes (including Ad-Aware) and still had no luck. As you said, i can think of no reason it would need to alter internet settings so i dont know whats going on. I might try and E-Mail the webmaster or something?

Thanks again, it’s appreciated

You should understand that spyware/malware scanning and removal tools are only about 60 -70% effective at best, and most are significantly poorer. In the free versions, LavaSoft’s Ad-Aware and SpyBot Search&Destroy are among the best, so you should use at least both of these. Together they will be more effective than one alone.

Based on your description, I personally wouldn’t use this BrainWave Generator program – unless one of these scanners found and removed the nasties that are almost certainly there.

(also worth noting; it’s not unknown for such “failed” installations to nonetheless succede in installing their true payload).

hereticmagpie,

I had the exact same problem. Eventually I gave up and deleted the installation file. A few weeks later I decided to give it another try, so I downloaded it again, and this time it worked. I don’t know what had changed with my computer, so sorry I can’t be more helpful, but hopefully it should work eventually for you too.

same with me, I had the exact same problem, couldn’t do anythin, waited a few days and it worked!

Does anyone know how to turn a preset file
into an mp3 file?