Death in lucid dreaming?

Last night I was watching Animatrix and I realized that the episode with the kid and the skate board was him becoming lucid in the dream. He had a nice DS… his cell phone rang in class. He shut it off and it rang again. He says “I shut it off, I know I shut it off!” The teacher comes over to him and tell him he is in lots of trouble then he runs off. He is being chased by agents through the halls… I wont give it away any more than i can…

He uses the techniques like stating that something will happen to make it happen in a lucid dream.

Does any one know what would happen if you told your self you would wake up in another world, or die if you kill yourself in a lucid dream? :eek: This is definitely beyond dreaming in my opinion :smile:

This is an interesting topic, I’ll try it.

It could well work too. The ‘fact’ that dreams are ‘only dreams’ becomes rather doubtful when they spontaniously predict the future and things like that.

i’ve heard of people using their lucid dreams as a springboard to launch into other planes (astral and such) killing yourself to get there… sounds like it could be a technique, but can’t you just use a mirror all that death might wake you up :yinyang:

interesting topic indeed, i’m gonna get around to trying it one of these days (got other things on my LD todo list to mark off :content: )

I still haven’t tried this yet, but it is also scary… when you die in the matrix you die in the real world. There was that once exception with the kid in the animatrix that was lucid in the matrix and he woke up when he hit the ground, but how can you be lucid enough to make sure you don’t die… heh?

i once had a few dreams where someone said to me

“you know what happens when you wake up?” and I did indeed know… death… and I’d get weird bodily distortions and force myself awake.

“wake up” was meant in the context of waking up IN THIS WORLD… but yeah… it was sort of a self incubated concept to begin with… as I figure if we someone “wake up” right now, what’s the point of staying here?

But they were freaky nonetheless…

I’d worry about the consequences of waking up in paralell universes… for example, you try and make money, so you like say “hey put $10k in my bank account…” then you say “okay, now I’m going to wake up into a paralell universe where I really have that much money in my account” well…

What if in that paralell universe you were a drug dealer and you got busted shortly after waking up?

Hmm… I don’t think that’s how it would work though, since being able to do so would imply that reality is highly subjective beyond imagination…

Robert Bruce talked about astral magick and how he would envision a new car, place it over his old car (in the RTZ… don’t ask me how you get there or whether it exists, I’m skeptical) and he’d listen to the constructs vibrations… if they were good he would try and match his vibrations to it or something…

Like a few days later a neighbor sold him her car for a really good price, or gave it to him or something…

I don’t know… I’ve tried my hand at doing that sort of thing (duplicating money, creating an amp) and I’ve tried it for getting good grades (which worked) but grades are more a reflection of desire and willpower than are posessions… and they result from only two people, you and the teacher… so… they might be easier to do (or coincidences!)

For a safer and not so deadly test… why don’t we just tell ourselves we’ll wake up facing the opposite direction on our beds? Or wake up on the couch, or in the backyard, or something?

Death in lucid dreaming? Where do I sign up :tongue:

see look here