Problem with MILD technique

When I wake up in the morning, I have an almost instant and plentiful recall. However, when attempting MILD last night, I used the mantra,
“I will wake up after every dream period and I will remember my dreams”. Well, I did wake up. But did I remember anything? No, and over my last 3 tries, I never have anytime I woke up during the night. When I woke up that morning though, I remembered what i was dreaming in the night (it was a dream about dreams. Documentary style, with some guy referring to how dreams are like space), and then I remembered what I had just been dreaming (with about 2 seconds of lucidity before waking up).

So can anybody help me with these problems? I’d also like to try HILD if I could remember any.

Yes, and it’s a general problem with the mnemonic induction techniques. How to make these self-suggestion techniques efficient ?

how about:
“I will wake up and remember my dreams after every dream period.”

yours,
“I will wake up after every dream period and I will remember my dreams”
is two different statements!
“I will wake up after every dream period”
and then
“I will remember my dreams”
so it’s possible your mind messed with your statement to mean you would remember your dreams only after the last awakening…

good luck. MILD seems to work out for you pretty well. Just be careful with your wording and don’t make negative statements (such as “I will not wake up while lucid dreaming”, you want to make positive statements like “I will stay in my lucid dream as long as I like”)